1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

This and Bale Batman will definitely hold me over until the 89' stuff. I think I'll separate the 89' and Reeve stuff from the rest as a sort of "icons" collection.

This and Bale Batman will definitely hold me over until the 89' stuff. I think I'll separate the 89' and Reeve stuff from the rest as a sort of "icons" collection.
Definitely. A shelf to themselves, space permitting. :)

Sigh,

This needs to come out faster.

I Hope He Comes Out Before Christmas
Nice Little Present For Myself

Dont think I want Superman. I hate the movies but It is Iconic and does look cool. We'll see by Christmas.

it was... a terrible batman move?
Batman intenionaly killing people, and using guns?
Not to mention, the way keaton's cheeks puff out from the mask... he should have been called fatman.

on the plus side, loads of fat guys can get away with cosplaying as him.

His performance made up for it, he played an excellent "batman" who was written/ re-imagined poorly.

I get that people like it. and that's fine. But I'm also pretty sure that a great deal of that love is, much like the old Ahnuld conan films, skewed through a very VERY thick pair of nostalgia goggles.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.. Batman used the guns on the Batmobile to blow a hole through the wall so he could get out. As for the bombs he placed in the building, there was sufficient time for everyone to get out. When he was shooting at Jack from the batwing, he misses on purpose as he had no intention to kill him with the guns but make him surrender.

But this is a Superman thread, and I have to say that the face sculpt on this one does not look like or capture the essence of Chris Reeve. He looks too serious. Reeve's almost always had a more calm, serene look. Eyebrows up, a light smirk or one sided smile. That is how he should have been scluplted.

Umm no - Watch returns, Burton Batman was a killer

Agree about the sculpt/expression

But this is a Superman thread, and I have to say that the face sculpt on this one does not look like or capture the essence of Chris Reeve. He looks too serious. Reeve's almost always had a more calm, serene look. Eyebrows up, a light smirk or one sided smile. That is how he should have been scluplted.

For me the more serious look allows more posing options. We saw him like that enough in the film for me to be happy with the portrait.

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_38.jpg

superman-christopher-reeve.jpg

For me the more serious look allows more posing options. We saw him like that enough in the film for me to be happy with the portrait.

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_38.jpg

superman-christopher-reeve.jpg

From that angle with shadows included, the sculpt looks pretty good. However face front it does not seem as accurate. However I will withhold further judgment until I see it in person. I would like to request a second head perhaps with the more serene look. I would like to pose him flying as he does at the end of the films waving.

SupermanChristopherReeve.jpg

Umm no - Watch returns, Burton Batman was a killer

Agree about the sculpt/expression

Yeah, I was only thinking about the first Batman film. I don't remember much about Returns.. Did Keaton shoot some penguins? lol..

Last edited:

Ghad it's a replica. If there's any inaccuracy in it, it's not that off as clearly this is CR as supe. Sculpt your own so everyone can critique. The expression has more options bub.

I thought that we were finally passed the "this doesn't look like CR" posts

Back