MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to say that poll went up like fall/winter 2009, and T2 arnie stuff started appearing late December, early January.

The thing is, Yulli even commented about working on the T2 T-800 back when working on DX Joker, so I think that was pretty far along. Now, maybe Hot Toys has been developing some figures and did the poll out of curiousity but already had a plan. I don't know what sort of cost there is to make a prototype, but I suppose they could have something already made and just waited for Barney and the poll to give them some ideas as to what's hot.

There's been the long rumored Rocky and Rambo figures, maybe they've got them done and the poll was to see what'd do best. Doesn't favor Rocky, but favors Rambo hopefully.

They've got 6 months after Barney starts shipping in the HK before I throw in the towel on a Rambo 4 coming and move forward with a custom.

Yeah you have some good points and I think it'll unfold similar to the Terminator stuff. I have no doubt if or when they release the next Stallone it'll be "Rambo" I mean why wouldn't it be. For whatever reason (cuz I love both characters) I think i'll go nuts when I see the next "Rocky" product. They'd better not take that stupid poll serious though. It pissed me off to see Dredd and Cobra ahead of Rocko.

Yeah you have some good points and I think it'll unfold similar to the Terminator stuff. I have no doubt if or when they release the next Stallone it'll be "Rambo" I mean why wouldn't it be. For whatever reason (cuz I love both characters) I think i'll go nuts when I see the next "Rocky" product. They'd better not take that stupid poll serious though. It pissed me off to see Dredd and Cobra ahead of Rocko.

It also pissed me off too, how the hell could two characters like Dredd and Cobra, both from one shot horrible films, win over iconic characters like Rocky and Rambo?

I just want too see a Rocky 1 street and fight figure already:gah::impatient:

I hope they can make a Rocky IV DX with an improved sculpt plus alternate bearded head and jacket/beanie snow training outfit. but probably the next Rocky figure will be like Terminator 1 basic figure/torso but with a beaten alternate head.

I hope they can make a Rocky IV DX with an improved sculpt plus alternate bearded head and jacket/beanie snow training outfit. but probably the next Rocky figure will be like Terminator 1 basic figure/torso but with a beaten alternate head.

What's wrong with the sculpt on Rocky IV? Do you even own this figure? I have it my collection and there's nothing wrong with it. I want more Rocky figs but I like for them to be new figs from Rocky films that weren't covered by HT yet. Do we really need HT to redo figs because someone thinks the sculpts might be a little better?

the sculpt is too plasticky and doesnt look flesh tone like the Hot Toys of today I want the head sculpt to have the same life like texture as this big Barney Ross

so say Hot Toys does a Rocky with sculpt similar to the life like quality of recent figures are you going to say you will feel comfortable putting this next to the already released Rocky IV, find me one of the Terminator fans who displays their T-1000 with the frumpy T-800 first released by Hot Toys instead of the recent Arnold T-800.

As much as I love Rocky, I would say the ass kicking, armed to kill nature of Dredd and Cobra favor them as figures. I think Rocky is too ordinary a person and light on accessories to really appeal to a large range of collectors. It sucks but I think we'll always see Rocky underproduced. Even Rambo is underproduced compared to something like Terminator.

As much as I love Rocky, I would say the ass kicking, armed to kill nature of Dredd and Cobra favor them as figures. I think Rocky is too ordinary a person and light on accessories to really appeal to a large range of collectors. It sucks but I think we'll always see Rocky underproduced. Even Rambo is underproduced compared to something like Terminator.

Honestly dude Rocky would be an EASY figure to accessorize. K, picture "Street Rocky" with full gear (forget accessories) then you add another sculpt and another outfit. Easy peachy imo. For example imagine the street Clubber but with an extra sculpt and either full 2nd outfit or part outfit. I know i'm in the minority but i'm not all that big on accessories.

The Subway Shining figure was very plain but it came with a 2nd sculpt to help it sell. It sold very well for an independant company. Again if they were to do a fight version of Rocky I you just add a BD sculpt and maybe part BD outfit. Easy.

Easy to make, but would still probably cost $150+.

I'm not anti-Rocky figures, I just really get a vibe that he's not a favorable character for collectibles. Maybe a 500 piece run or something really limited would sell well, but at typical production numbers, he'd probably be a peg warmer. If I remember right, the previous Rocky figures hung around for a fair while compared to most stuff. I'm all for seeing more Rocky, but my guess is, if we do, might just be one more single figure. For that matter, I think we might see that with Rambo, which is all the more reason to hope for a Rambo 4, if they did anything else, they'd have to guarantee doing all the movies for me to feel good about the chances of Rambo 4.

I would like to see them Re-do their rambo 2 figure, and then move on to a BD rambo 4 figure or vice versa. But I hope they eventually make a Rocky from Rocky Balboa.

Yes this is true, Rocky III took a while to sell out but consider this, he was another "boxer" figure. They made a slue of boxing figures (and rightfully so) and nothing else. If they knew the Rocky films well they'd know he also trained alot and worked as a collector in part 1.

You're right about the price tag but i'd gladly pay that with the right extras and there current level of sculpt quality. $150 for a Street Rocky from part 1 with extra "Training" sculpt with sweat suit would be a done deal and worth the money imo.

Like Rambo 4, just give us one more stocked Rocky figure. We have all the "fighting" Rockys we'll need.

Yes this is true, Rocky III took a while to sell out but consider this, he was another "boxer" figure. They made a slue of boxing figures (and rightfully so) and nothing else. If they knew the Rocky films well they'd know he also trained alot and worked as a collector in part 1.

You're right about the price tag but i'd gladly pay that with the right extras and there current level of sculpt quality. $150 for a Street Rocky from part 1 with extra "Training" sculpt with sweat suit would be a done deal and worth the money imo.

Like Rambo 4, just give us one more stocked Rocky figure. We have all the "fighting" Rockys we'll need.

I strongly want a Post Fight Rocky 1,go all out with a DX with 2 sculpts and 3 outfits,street wear,training and Post Fight gear with robe.

You still need a Rocky 1 fight fig in the iconic red and gold robe and Rocky II with a battle damaged sculpt.

yep, i'd buy any and all versions from any rocky. but rocky 1 would be awesome. street clothes, boxing gear... but a training version could have some cool accessories - huge slab of beef on a hook, steps to the philadelphia museum of art backdrop (like the mech test tony or godfather figs), and gonna fly now mini ghetto blaster.

p.s. if i stumble upon another thread where the same person is STILL posting the same stuff about the rocky 4 figure i think i might scream.

HT Stallone figures will always be a once in a while releases so i don't expect to see any Stallone in 2011 after Barney,there are so many opportunities(Rambo 4,Rocky 1,Cobra,First Blood Poncho version,Rocky Balboa,Rocky 2 etc....) and it drives me nuts these teasers involving Stallone figures but never see the light of the day.I hope the Poll means something and not just another dumb teaser.

True that, man!!! :lecture I have been waiting for a Hot Toys Rambo 4 since February 2008. :( :gah:

HT Stallone figures will always be a once in a while releases so i don't expect to see any Stallone in 2011 after Barney,there are so many opportunities(Rambo 4,Rocky 1,Cobra,First Blood Poncho version,Rocky Balboa,Rocky 2 etc....) and it drives me nuts these teasers involving Stallone figures but never see the light of the day.I hope the Poll means something and not just another dumb teaser.

why do most of you want Rambo 4 so much when he looks all washed up and pudgy? wouldnt the earlier ones look more ascetically pleasing?

The Rambo 4 look is the epitomy of 20+ years of war experience.. Of Rambo being pushed to the limit of avoiding war, as he is at war for one last time.. It is the epitomy of the hardships he had endured, of what happened to him. His years on Earth went to waste because of those U.S. Citizens who viewed him as a goat, instead of the hero that he was.

It is the action figure representation of the ultimate imperfect hero.. A hero who is unwanted, but is always needed (as documented in all of his films).

I already have all the Rambo figures, and Rambo 4 is the most war-emotional figure.. That look on his face suggests deep anger & years of hatred towards the country he fought for during his prime.

Oh, yeah, man.. He's washed up & pudgy, but don't we buy action figures because we are inspired by the story behind it? :)

Hot Toys, bring on Rambo 4!!!!

rambo4.jpg

why do most of you want Rambo 4 so much when he looks all washed up and pudgy? wouldnt the earlier ones look more ascetically pleasing?

This is finally coming from netflix today. I didn;t get to see it at the movies :(

My expectation are pretty low at this point so hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

Back