MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be interesting to see what figure is next,if any at all.The interest will fade away and won't sell good at all if they delay next figure to Q2 2011,if they do...The second figure will be the last one,and i think they will make Jet Li over Statham to finally please Jet Li fans.

Only other must have from this cast to me is Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture but neither is in their Plans so,Statham is alright but not something i need really,Jet Li is such a waste,if they really want to make Li make a presentation of him in one of his most popular martial Arts movies like...Fist of Legend,Fearless,Kiss of the Dragon.

Will be interesting to see what figure is next,if any at all.The interest will fade away and won't sell good at all if they delay next figure to Q2 2011,if they do...The second figure will be the last one,and i think they will make Jet Li over Statham to finally please Jet Li fans.

Only other must have from this cast to me is Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture but neither is in their Plans so,Statham is alright but not something i need really,Jet Li is such a waste,if they really want to make Li make a presentation of him in one of his most popular martial Arts movies like...Fist of Legend,Fearless,Kiss of the Dragon.

:exactly: Except about the Statham piece, IMO he made the movie bearable. Everyone else was rather blah.

^^^

I agree, Statham's Lee Christmas character really carried the movie along with Barney Ross. It's inevitable that they'll make him the 2nd character to be released only because he's the 2nd-favorite of all the characters, if not the favorite..

I know it's wishful thinking as well, but I'm one of the collectors who'd love to see Gunner Jensen as a Hot Toys release. :)

I'll take Barney and Lee and call it a day. Gunner has a bigger following than I expected, perhaps with Dolph's statement at the Tokoyo premiere it will happen. :dunno

The dvd is due to hit this month or next which will rekindle fan interest. IMO this license is a nitch therefore, HT better capitalize sooner rather than later. Otherwise, sales on the next figure may be lower than expected eliminating hope for other characters.

^^^

Yeah, just like the Watchmen line.. They released the figures too late, that fan interest died down by the time the Comedian came out.

I really really really want them to do a Statham figure, Him and Sly on the shelf = :rock I think they will do it but I understand all the points about people losing interest. I hope that doesn't happen and we get a Statham.

Hey guys I missed about 25+ pages in this thread and I have a question.

When I left there was talk about doing a rubber torso. Did that go through or are we still getting the pvc torso?

Thanks so much!

If someone has updates, they'll post it, they're not going to hold back because no one's asking for them.

I don't mind the release to be 1st Quarter of 2011, as that'll help ease the wallet a bit for the Yuletide expenses. :)

Won't happen, but if HT's going to do Rambo 4, it'd be nice if they let us know before Barney ships, could happen, probably not too many people planning to make Rambo 4s from Barney like I am, so maybe they won't fear a Rambo announcement causing Barney cancellations.

Nope, the only one I was really interested in was xeno's, but he never offered it, and Barney solves the head and body match problem anyway. For probably the same effort as making a head with neck fit on a body like this, I can have the goatee sanded and face repainted and add some hair to Barney's portrait.

As nice as the custom sculpts are, you can't really beat this Barney portrait for the emotional intensity, perfect for a final Battle Rambo 4, which really has me excited by the idea of any new HT Rambo. While Rambo 3 and M65 are nice sculpts, even those would probably pack a bit more punch done today.

Well, if Hot Toys fails to come up with a Rambo 4 in the window I'm willing to sit on not customizing Barney into Rambo, I will move forward and any custom work will be done by me and Les.

I got my machette ready when Barney debuted.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks pretty good. Yeah Les is the man, definitely an excellent choice. Hey do you remember how long after their poll it took HT's to release the T2 Arnie proto?

Back