MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

Great pics but DAMMIT the handguns just look wierd in his hands. Hands too big, guns too small I dunno. The gun handle should fill the palm.:gah:

Yet more awesome pics from Sean! :clap I noticed you used a knife different from the one in the boxed set. Very close to the real thing. :)

Heres how it is. I changed my mind so many ___king times about whether or not I was getting this figure, ordered it after a couple of months of procrastination only to then cancel it later at the last minute when he was out of stock everywhere. Then, while looking for other stuff, I found myself taking part in ebay auctions for parts of him which I won. Then of course I had to buy all the parts and, minus the casual attire, the sunglasses and the box, I now have everything from Barney Ross. And yes its worked out more expensive than had I just kept my order with Toys2 for the full figure so I'm an idiot.

But forgetting that, holy sweet ___k is this is a frustrating figure to assemble from scratch! I can't believe I'm having a harder time putting this guy together than I did with the Platoon soldiers. Every step of the way I'm finding some obstacle or set-back. The head wouldn't go on for the longest time there, and now that I'm putting on his Vest armour I find that theres these tassles at the bottom that I presume are supposed to attach to the already put on, already heavily complicated utility belt. ___k sake! Meanwhile buckle straps are falling off and I've just remembered about the issue of the black t-shirt bleeding onto the body :gah:

Guys how many belts does this guy come with?

Can it really be the case that everything, the gun holsters, the ammo pouch and the tassles at the bottom of the Armor vest, are all supposed to attach to the same belt?

Goodshipped only sent me one belt. I didn't order the Civvy clothes. and the belt that comes with those.

Last edited:
He has only one belt for the tactical outfit, you get his pants and vest on how you like, then feed the belt through his pants, vest and pistol holster loops. You could skip the vest, I think the figure looks really nice putting the belt through those loops too though.

Yep, one belt, with everything fed through it, and also feed it through the bottom of his assault vest, it really tidies up the figure!

I know your pain Adev, he really was a pain in the ass to put together, it looks simple but he's really not. That, on top of the fact his arm broke, really put me off this figure within a day of getting him.

Not to mention they aren't doing Statham or Li even, with a film that had such hype regarding the cast and wasn't about just one person, I don't know. I think it's daft. Endless ironman figures yet no team members from the expendables? Call iron more popular or whatever but i'm still pisst! (Though of course i'm grateful they have done at least 1 figure) It's just one figure isn't enough to represent this film, for me. Just like platoon. Imagine them only coming out with Taylor!

I'm doing a custom lee Christmas figure, if it doesn't turn out, I may sell Barney.

HT are a bit annoying at the moment, for me anyway - announcements I give a damn about have slowed to almost nothing lately.

With Barney here, I don't personally care if they don't make the other team members - I just wanted this one cause its Stallone and the sculpt is so good. I am concerned about the QC though. Not only the documented arm troubles but I'm worried about the legs too to be honest. I'm getting a sense of the hip joints being a bit weak.

Nothing set in stone to say whether they are or they aren't. But surely they'd have shown them by now. My guess is they aren't!

I thought Strahan was more of the star of the film than Stallone he seemed to have had the more exciting scenes and the movie is memorable for throwing knives than anything. are you telling me garbage like sucker punch and todd sweetney figure sell better?

They may sell better in Hot Toys' domestic market.

As much as western countries contribute to their sales, Hot Toys puts their eastern market before us and base sales popularity on that at times, which is why we get things like 2 Sao Fengs from Pirates, a 1 film character with very little relevance to the film, but, a popular actor in Asia so he gets 2 figures, while in the western world, Sideshow still has inventory to sell off 3 years later.

Statham may not be as popular in the east as the west and that could be a factor, I could almost see Li being made first for such reasons. Stallone is a global star, he is admired all over, so making him is a smart call, as seen by how quickly the Barney figure became scarce.

Back