MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT doesn't often make 2nd production runs of figures, I doubt they'll make more Barney figures, more likely, they're already at work on other Sly figures hoping a lot of this figure's popularity stems from it being Stallone and will try to cash in on that.
:goodpost:

have you guys checked ebay yet?

theres still a bunch of barneys left for under $200.

this figure isnt popular at all, here in Jakarta. Not selling well
Not too much. If the figure is under 200$ on eBay then you'll see an inflated shipping quotes in many cases.

jayveeeusebio

Hey man. Did you fix the shoulder problem with your Barney?

Guys, I got a question: Just got my Barney yesterday and I noticed that when I extend his arm (left side) a little bit, it creates a big gap bet. his shoulder & the upper body. Here are the pics:

100_1940.jpg

100_1939.jpg

100_1937.jpg

Can your Barney's shoulder extend his arms downward up to this point where you can see a big gap bet. his shoulder & his upper body? :dunno (I can't do this on his other shoulder..it shows a minimal gap only) Is this normal to his shoulder or it needs a replacement? :dunno

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys!

Mine is still in the box, I bought him with the mindset of I may or may not keep him depending on whether his value goes up, as I love the portrait but not so much the movie..why not get him as I will be happy owning him if the value doesn't go up and i will be happy selling him to fund another more loved character if it does. So, until all of this shakes out (value) I have decided to keep him boxed. (does that make sense? lol)

The only problem with that is...............I have the exact same shoulder problem as seen in the above pics.:gah:

I noticed a few other members are having the same problem and there is seemingly no way to fix it...:gah:

May I ask to those with the same problem.."Where did you get your doll"?

Mine came from BBTS.

Thanks

EDIT:
Has anybody who has the problem tried Buttmunch's suggestion to fix it?

Last edited:
HT doesn't often make 2nd production runs of figures, I doubt they'll make more Barney figures, more likely, they're already at work on other Sly figures hoping a lot of this figure's popularity stems from it being Stallone and will try to cash in on that.

Inaccurate. It depends entirely on the license. The DX02 saw three separate runs alone.

Don't forget T2 T-800.

MaulFan is running Hot Toys business schedule I see, eh?

Inaccurate. It depends entirely on the license. The DX02 saw three separate runs alone.

I said not often, in the hundreds of figures they've made, I don't think we've known them to make extra production runs for even 10 figures, and I mean going back and making more they didn't plan to intially, not like HK runs and U.S. runs.

We've heard of v1 Joker and T2 T-800 being produced in extra. I don't get everything Hot Toys so I don't know what else may be included. Poiint being, it's rare that they decided to produce extra of a figure just because it sells well.

I said not often, in the hundreds of figures they've made, I don't think we've known them to make extra production runs for even 10 figures, and I mean going back and making more they didn't plan to intially, not like HK runs and U.S. runs.

We've heard of v1 Joker and T2 T-800 being produced in extra. I don't get everything Hot Toys so I don't know what else may be included. Poiint being, it's rare that they decided to produce extra of a figure just because it sells well.

I'd say with any license worth a damn, it happens more than you think. In this case, maybe not with Barney being the first release of the license, but given his success, Li and Statham will likely have a couple runs when theirs are released.

If you want to sell it cheap, give me a holler, none of those crazy ebay prices :naughty

Haha! Already fixed the arms of my Barney, just a little push inside then viola..back to normal. That gap is just normal since his arms are just snap on only. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Mine is still in the box, I bought him with the mindset of I may or may not keep him depending on whether his value goes up, as I love the portrait but not so much the movie..why not get him as I will be happy owning him if the value doesn't go up and i will be happy selling him to fund another more loved character if it does. So, until all of this shakes out (value) I have decided to keep him boxed. (does that make sense? lol)

The only problem with that is...............I have the exact same shoulder problem as seen in the above pics.:gah:

I noticed a few other members are having the same problem and there is seemingly no way to fix it...:gah:

May I ask to those with the same problem.."Where did you get your doll"?

Mine came from BBTS.

Thanks

EDIT:
Has anybody who has the problem tried Buttmunch's suggestion to fix it?

Already fixed this gap problem a while ago. Actually this is not an issue since Barney's arm is just a snap on unlike the other muscle body, all you need to do is push his shoulder upward like it was used to then push it inside the upper body like you want to tighten it w/ a little twist to insert it properly in the holding joint inside. :)

I'd say with any license worth a damn, it happens more than you think. In this case, maybe not with Barney being the first release of the license, but given his success, Li and Statham will likely have a couple runs when theirs are released.

At this pace, I'd be surprised to see those 2 even made.

At this pace, I'd be surprised to see those 2 even made.

They'll get around to them. Right now I think everybody's in a panic over the poor reception and backlash of Lee's BD HS (which I still can't see anything wrong with), the Indy figure's overall failure and making sure there're no issues with the Reeve Superman. Those three are enough to tarnish a reputation for quite a while. Especially after the DX02 fiasco.

Back