MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leatherneck - thanks for the reply! I will take your advice and wait for more opinions.

jayveeeusebio - I overheard someone mentioning about this problem also! I guess we should wait for more replies?

I'm sorry dude but I think you misunderstood - I haven't bought mine yet. But I plan to, hopefully within this week. I heard about the shoulder problem while I was at a toy store. Sorry for the miscommunication! :)

Congrats, bro Jayvee! :hi5: He is indeed a keeper.

How loose is loose, bro? And where did you get it? You can still take it back and show them how loose it is, I'm sure any retailer would entertain you rather than ruin their reputation. They will open other boxed sets they have in stock (if needed) to check the other figures. You deserve nothing less, bro. :gah: That's frustrating!

Just got my MISB Barney for $160! Very happy w/ it! Highly recommended figure! :hi5: Just one question: Are his shoulders a little bit loose connecting to his upper body? :dunno

I'm sorry dude but I think you misunderstood - I haven't bought mine yet. But I plan to, hopefully within this week. I heard about the shoulder problem while I was at a toy store. Sorry for the miscommunication! :)

Oh I see. Then goodluck getting him. Check it thoroughly right after you bought..much better if you open it at the store in case there's a problem you encounter. Great2 figure I say! :)

Congrats, bro Jayvee! :hi5: He is indeed a keeper.

How loose is loose, bro? And where did you get it? You can still take it back and show them how loose it is, I'm sure any retailer would entertain you rather than ruin their reputation. They will open other boxed sets they have in stock (if needed) to check the other figures. You deserve nothing less, bro. :gah: That's frustrating!

Hmm how can I explain this? Hmm he's not the kind of loose that when you put his arms up it will swing downward or somethin'...it's actually in the appearance when you looked at it, there's a little gap between his shoulder & his upperbody esp. when you move his shoulder downward, you can like sneak inside the upper body..that kind of loose. Is that your Barney's case too? :dunno

Yeah, it's very subjective when you said "loose".. The little gap you are mentioning may just be the gap seen in different angles around the joint of the shoulder.. Then again, I might be wrong. If you can post a short video here of the loose shoulder, we can compare with our Barneys, bro.. :wave

Hmm how can I explain this? Hmm he's not the kind of loose that when you put his arms up it will swing downward or somethin'...it's actually in the appearance when you looked at it, there's a little gap between his shoulder & his upperbody esp. when you move his shoulder downward, you can like sneak inside the upper body..that kind of loose. Is that your Barney's case too? :dunno

I guess it's official, the holster located in the back is not in the packaging :( anyone have a spare they want to sell?

So you can't take it back to the retailer, bro?

By the way, I'd love to see the whole photo of your signature! :lol

jayveeeusebio, I know what you are talking about, the only way to fix it is by tightening the screw that holds the shoulder joint but the only way to get to it is by removing the rubber/plastic top and tightening it with a screw, I have a L-shape Phillips though so that helped a lot.

Otherwise you are looking at a return for another body.

:)
Yeah, it's very subjective when you said "loose".. The little gap you are mentioning may just be the gap seen in different angles around the joint of the shoulder.. Then again, I might be wrong. If you can post a short video here of the loose shoulder, we can compare with our Barneys, bro.. :wave

Hmm maybe. Unfortunately, I don't have a video or digicam here in my dorm so I'm afraid I can' take a vid of it. I guess I'll just try to return this to the store & compare it to their other Barney fig. Thanks for the concern bro! :)

jayveeeusebio, I know what you are talking about, the only way to fix it is by tightening the screw that holds the shoulder joint but the only way to get to it is by removing the rubber/plastic top and tightening it with a screw, I have a L-shape Phillips though so that helped a lot.

Oh I see. Do I need to pull the whole arm off to locate the screw & tighten it? Hmm too bad I don't have a L-shape Phillipis..could I borrow yours then I'll ship it right after I use it? :lol I think i just return this to the seller & have her check it for herself to make my replacement. Thanks for the info bro! Appreciate it! :1-1:

Please remember this forum is PG-13 friendly so leave the saucy adult talk for pm's and anyone posting inappropriate material will receive infractions at the very least.

Back to the regular scheduling.......
Thanks
Shell
x :wave

Last edited:

:exactly:

That's exactly what happened to me. His arm was loose when I got it, it eventually fell off. I had no way of tightening the screw. Sent it back to my ebay seller and he is currently getting it exchanged.

:exactly:

That's exactly what happened to me. His arm was loose when I got it, it eventually fell off. I had no way of tightening the screw. Sent it back to my ebay seller and he is currently getting it exchanged.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Good thing he's being replaced. Gotta return this one before it fell off too.

Guys, I got a question: Just got my Barney yesterday and I noticed that when I extend his arm (left side) a little bit, it creates a big gap bet. his shoulder & the upper body. Here are the pics:

100_1940.jpg

100_1939.jpg

100_1937.jpg

Can your Barney's shoulder extend his arms downward up to this point where you can see a big gap bet. his shoulder & his upper body? :dunno (I can't do this on his other shoulder..it shows a minimal gap only) Is this normal to his shoulder or it needs a replacement? :dunno

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
The rubber upper torso is probably just on wrong. Pop off the head and try sliding the chest down into the correct spot. The loose body I got from TA does that too, but its just the chest moving around a bit is all.

Back