1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Guys, another question.. how better you think the DX02 is compared to the MMS71??? Does the difference worth $200??? What do you think?

PS.: Bale's face on MMS71 looks nothing like bale IMO.(based on pictures)

I never bought MMS 71 but I'd say that it's better than the DX due to the fact that it doesn't leak. There's less issues you have to worry about. It's a great action figure that has more poseability than the nearly static DX.

Yeah, the DX is more accurate and better looking but I bet that the MMS 71 is a fantastic piece to own. I kind of wish I bought one back in 2008 instead of ignoring it and focusing on the OC and Jokers.

Then again, you get a sticky bomb gun, a unique belt and a back pack cape with the DX release, not to mention the sonar head.

If you have the Batpod, I definitely think the MMS 71 is the way to go. With all the quality issues with the DX, I don't think the monetary difference is "worth it".

Yeah, I'm happy now.

Though your sig isn't as good as mine.

I can't argue with that. Although I still get that weird line thing in your avatar while the bat symbol is in the sig.

This sig wont last too long. I'm using it kind of on a whim.

This sig wont last too long. I'm using it kind of on a whim.

You should definitely make a sig that utilizes the many photoshopped images of your appearance from the "Lets see you shopped" thread.

Lolz would ensue.

Guys, another question.. how better you think the DX02 is compared to the MMS71??? Does the difference worth $200??? What do you think?

PS.: Bale's face on MMS71 looks nothing like bale IMO.(based on pictures)

I have both. The MMS71 is good. No leakage. Very nice figure. If you want the batpod, then this is the one to get as it fits better on the batpod.

I have both. The MMS71 is good. No leakage. Very nice figure. If you want the batpod, then this is the one to get as it fits better on the batpod.

I think I am not getting the batpod, this year, and maybe never, this is because the price go too high too soon, the batpod cost now $1200, the next year will probably cost $2000+ ... Besides the new Batman movie is expected to be released the next year, so I guess I will want the new stuff (thiking about Dark Knight Rises HT figures).

So, if you have to choose only one? which one?? MMS71 or DX02?

I think I am not getting the batpod, this year, and maybe never, this is because the price go too high too soon, the batpod cost now $1200, the next year will probably cost $2000+ ... Besides the new Batman movie is expected to be released the next year, so I guess I will want the new stuff (thiking about Dark Knight Rises HT figures).

So, if you have to choose only one? which one?? MMS71 or DX02?
This is ultimately your decision. They're both great figures. I personally have the DX02 and I love it. The amount of accessories it came with made me pull the trigger. However I'm going to pick up the MMS71 as well to put the new Bruce Wayne sculpt on it. Pick whichever you feel is best in your current situation because rest assured, you'll get a great figure regardless :)

This is ultimately your decision. They're both great figures. I personally have the DX02 and I love it. The amount of accessories it came with made me pull the trigger. However I'm going to pick up the MMS71 as well to put the new Bruce Wayne sculpt on it. Pick whichever you feel is best in your current situation because rest assured, you'll get a great figure regardless :)

Thanks for the answer. Why are you going to put the new Bruce Wayne heads in MMS71's body?? do you think it will look better? or are you just doing this because you don't want that Bruce Wayne's head to be without a body (assuming you are going to leave batman's head in the TF figure)

I would go with the DX02 because the likeness is far superior to the MMS71. To me it looks way better than the original release, the headsculpt is so much better.

I think DX02 looks much better but the QC issues and the fear of accelerated degradation is a real buzzkill on that figure.

How come the MMS71 didn't get any of the QC issues like the Dx, it's made with rubber like the Dx isn't it??

Thanks for all the answers it really helps me. Sometimes you can see on eBay ridiculous price for MMS71, as high as $1000 :s ...

Considering I cant find the DX02 under $600, and I think I can get the TF for a better price, what do you think? I like the new costume more than the old, but I don't like it that much as $150 difference :D

DX02 vs Batman Begins TF???

DX02 vs Batman Begins TF???

I'd go with the Begins suit but that's a biased choice considering I prefer the original Begins costume over the TDK version.

You have a bunch of options, but they're all pretty expensive at this point. I own the Takara Begins Batman, the OC TDK (the original "Begins Toy Fairs" figure) the Demon Batman and two DX 02 TDK figures and I've gotta say, my favorite is the OC Begins. The DX 02 is no slouch either but I find the Begins look to be more iconic.

Anyway, you said you prefer the new TDK suit over the older Begins version. If that's the case, why don't you just hold off and see what Hot Toys does for TDKR? The TDK suit will be prominently featured in the film so I'm sure that Hot Toys will update their TDK figure again.

There's also another option, you could just go with this,

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

1108252048dd96d47094be5bfc.jpg

Films aside and disregarding the possibility of a Hot Toys TDKR Batman figure, this looks to be the best Batman figure to date.

I'd go with the Begins suit but that's a biased choice considering I prefer the original Begins costume over the TDK version.

You have a bunch of options, but they're all pretty expensive at this point. I own the Takara Begins Batman, the OC TDK (the original "Begins Toy Fairs" figure) the Demon Batman and two DX 02 TDK figures and I've gotta say, my favorite is the OC Begins. The DX 02 is no slouch either but I find the Begins look to be more iconic.

Anyway, you said you prefer the new TDK suit over the older Begins version. If that's the case, why don't you just hold off and see what Hot Toys does for TDKR? The TDK suit will be prominently featured in the film so I'm sure that Hot Toys will update their TDK figure again.

There's also another option, you could just go with this,

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

1108252048dd96d47094be5bfc.jpg

Films aside and disregarding the possibility of a Hot Toys TDKR Batman figure, this looks to be the best Batman figure to date.

I finally pulled the trigger for the DX02, in fact I bought it to a member of this community. :) .. So only have to wait, it usually takes like a month, for the items to arrive.

And yes, that batman figure looks incredible, based on the promotional pictures. But I want to see some "real" pictures, and some personal opinios before buying it. And if it is all good as it looks, I will probably buy two :lol , one for me and another to sell in the future twice the price :rotfl

By the way, I like the 1989 costume, but I like more the 1992 costume, especially the mask:

5e19231e-a3a2-4b33-b604-0135.jpg

Guys, and what do you think about this Bale's face:

IMG_1198_.jpg

In my opinion is more accurate for TDK (new costume) than the TF Bale's head. I mean in TDK Christian Bale looks skinnier than he was back then in Batman Begins. Besides he has longer hair.

Guys, and what do you think about this Bale's face:

IMG_1198_.jpg

In my opinion is more accurate for TDK (new costume) than the TF Bale's head. I mean in TDK Christian Bale looks skinnier than he was back then in Batman Begins. Besides he has longer hair.

That headplay Bale has a nice facial likeness but the hair is terrible. That and overall it's too small - but its the best value for money you will get if you want a decent Bale head.

If you want what is IMO the highest quality Bale Wayne available and are willing to spend more - i'd recommend tracking down one of these:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89178&page=199

Headplay one looks a bit wierd IMO. Kinda looks like his head is suddenly perfectly flat on top - the hair should be more puffed out all over.

But this one here looks nothing like Christian Bale:

$(KGrHqZ,!j!E1Mn6+ngrBNhE8on+Bw~~_3.JPG

What other option do I have?? (I don't know how to paint by the way)

Ps: HP head looks better in this picture, but as someone said looks a bit small for the body:

272088_137236199693868_100002224677271_234282_2579455_o.jpg

Last edited:

I think I will wait. If everything goes fine, a new batch of Batman TF is going to be released any time soon, so the head's price may go down :D :pray:

Back