1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Well I believe in getting the cape atleast but what goes through the whole neck shortening process?

^^I'm with you. I had to have the custom cape, but I have no problem with the neck. I think it looks fine in hand but pick really make that sucker's neck look pretty long. Even in my own pics I look and am quite stunned everytime I see the pics b/c I don't see it that way in hand. But, to me, the neck doesn't need changing. But we all have our preferences on how we want our figures to look. :peace :1-1:

Yeah I agree to that extent. But if youre just switching out heads fine. But if youre cutting anything out or stuff that just aint for me and like you I'm happy with the head in person. Just gonna get an lforigno cape on ebay next.

Maybe not all roundness, but wider. Whatever the right description of what's off, the shape isn't right.

COWL1.jpg

The nose looks wider in the real thing. Comes out under the eyes a bit more. A bit fatter.

It also looks like the mouth-opening might be bigger in the real thing, like more of Wayne's head is exposed in the actual mask than in the figure. Though that might just be because the eye-holes in the real mask look bigger too. I'm not sure.

They probably designed it as a head and didn't take into consideration that it's supposed to be wider since it's a mask. However there's no denying that it is the best TDK Bats out there. I think we can all agree on that much

i think it's because hot toys made it more as a head and didn't really consider that it's a mask and is supposed to be bigger because the actual head is inside the mask.

Besides all the quirks some ppl may have with this figure there's no denying its the best TDK Bats out there.

he didnt say pushy, gotta give him that credit, but he did say the part that its an enjoyment to wait when ordering online, like its part of the deal, personally, I hate waiting for stuff that cost me +300 USD, but thats just me

look around nobody has patience here ;) part of being a freak

Would you prefer a G-spot :naughty

:horror I did not expect that from you ever.... this forum is turning you!!

IMHO neck mod is a must and the magnetneck is easily modded and can be reversed

The nose looks wider in the real thing. Comes out under the eyes a bit more. A bit fatter.

It also looks like the mouth-opening might be bigger in the real thing, like more of Wayne's head is exposed in the actual mask than in the figure. Though that might just be because the eye-holes in the real mask look bigger too. I'm not sure.

The head is plain wrong. The ears are too long. The width of the head is too thin. The mouth opening is too narrow. The brow frowns are too pronounced. The PERs eyes are too big.

Stock Medicom head sculpt > DX Head

Modified Medicom head (widened and repainted) is >>>>>>>> DX Head.

I think all those things you point out are normal consequence of the head being a bit wider on the real mask...

The head is plain wrong. The ears are too long. The width of the head is too thin. The mouth opening is too narrow. The brow frowns are too pronounced. The PERs eyes are too big.

Stock Medicom head sculpt > DX Head

Modified Medicom head (widened and repainted) is >>>>>>>> DX Head.

Ears are correct, look at last pic from Maul, both taken from front view

The height appears correct in that picture, but something is def off - perhaps the width again is too thin

His neck is crazy ass long!

In Hand
In Pic
In Space
In Hell
In My Bathroom
Everywhere :lol

:exactly:

:lol:lol:lol

But still a matter of opinion

With all due respect, whether the neck is too long is not a matter of opinion. It is a fact. However whether it's bad enough to need modifying is a matter of opinion. My opinion is that the mod makes such a huge difference that it is worth doing. Commtechs' mod is all internal and does not effect the function of the PERS neck, so to me it is worth it. I honestly think it could increase the value of the figure as it makes it look so much better. And it's only the neck itself that is modified, so if you wanted to keep it "stock" you could simply buy a second neck. Another option would be to buy a V1 neck and to modify that with magnets, and keep the PERS neck stock. I am actually considering this again, because even though my PERS neck is shorter now, it's still too skinny. The V1 neck is thicker.

I don't see why you guys bother with all this INACCURATE crap.

Not a single person on this forum owns "the perfect" figure. Be it lacking minute details, inaccuracy, small quality control problems, not one of us owns the end all figure of any character.

Great ones, yes, but in my experience there is never a PERFECT figure. Something is always lacking.

So either let it go and enjoy it or mess with it in a vain attempt to make it perfection. Just don't repeat the same thing over, and over, and over again on this damn message board.

For me the quest for accuracy is one of the most enjoyable parts of this hobby - I'm always up for tinkering with a figure to make it more accurate. Yeah it will never be perfect, but if I can make it closer to accurate to the screen or reference in my eyes, then why not?

The debate about accuracy will never end on these or any similar boards though. It's just a part of this hobby.

For me the quest for accuracy is one of the most enjoyable parts of this hobby - I'm always up for tinkering with a figure to make it more accurate. Yeah it will never be perfect, but if I can make it closer to accurate to the screen or reference in my eyes, then why not?

The debate about accuracy will never end on these or any similar boards though. It's just a part of this hobby.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Back