1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Man, you guys are so ____ing retarded.

1.) Agen makes a fantastic picture. Batman, bat signal, the city, great atmosphere.

2.)
Shame about the pre Nolan bat symbol on the clouds.

Except for the incorrect bat signal, looks awesome.

Accuracy whiners come in with "it's good except...THAT SIGNAL".

3.) Snake and myself point out that the signal in TDK is destroyed and playfully say that that emblem COULD be in TDKR (even though it most likely would not).

4.)
Really seems like you don't get the whole "universe" thing... :/

No way the Noland universe resurrects something from the Burton universe. I guarantee it. :lecture

At first I thought you were joking and playing around about that whole Terminator discussion we had (go ask anyone in the Terminator section, T3 and Salvation are NOT canon). But now I think you're actually serious.

5.) Those signals aren't the same. Should the Begins emblem on the Begins suit be considered the same TDK logo (which was also used for the Begins ads, merchandise), no, they're both different.

Same with all those above. There's the 1989 costume logo with the feet, the '89/Returns (one gold, the other with snow) poster logo, the actual Returns costume emblem. Then there are the batsignals. There's the one at the end of '89 and then a unique one for Returns.

Then you have the Schumacher films. There's the costume logo (the one Agen used brilliantly for his signal), the Sonar suit emblem, the Batman and Robin one, the ice proof suit and the Schumacher batsignal itself.

That's a ton of unique symbols, at least 10 from all 6 films.

6.)
So if Noland wouldn't use it than what are you talking about? Noland's directing TDKR sooo...

:dunno

Umm... Burtons movies and the Schumacher movies are in the same continuity. Thus the same universe. Do you see the Schumacher movies as a reboot? :cuckoo:

Also, it's the same symbol with very little variation in all 4 movies in that universe:

Of course Nolan wouldn't use it, but that's one of my original points, WHO THE ____ CARES WHAT NOLAN WOULD AND WOULDN'T USE?

This is Agen's photo, he can make all the creative liberties he wants. Who's to say, that, while highly unlikely, in TDKR Batman doesn't have a batsignal that just happens to look like the Forever logo?

It's creative, it looks great, and it doesn't matter. Again I say, who cares what Nolan will or will not use?

As for considering the Burton and Schumacher films canon, while technically I guess they ARE in the same universe, there's nothing stopping anyone from thinking they're not.

I don't consider the Schumacher films to be sequels to the Burton ones. Hell I don't even consider any of the films to go in any sequential order.

Different producers, different looks, different directions, different actors, different characters, different directors, different themes (visual and story) etc. etc.

There are a few, and only a few things that tie them together. Alfred, Gordon, and the flashback sequence in Batman Forever where it looks as though the killer is Jack Napier (plus "My parents were murdered by a maniac too") but other than that, they're all a farcry from being related.

PLUS this was a time when the word "reboot" had little to no meaning in comic book movies (hell it's over used today).

Going from Burton to Schumacher are drastic changes. If this ____ happened today you better believe it would be considered a "reboot" in the lame fictional "history" that fan boys create in their minds.

To me there are 6, soon to be 7 films of a FRANCHISE. Each one different from the other. That's all. I don't consider it ANY of it "canon", just movies that I like, that I view and consider one at a time.

Last edited:

I'll give a point by point response latter.

For now I'll just say that I fully agree that Agen's picture is awesome. Nothing I have said was meant to in any way diminish that. I have only commented on the symbol debate. It wasn't me that said 'it's great except the symbol". I think he used the symbol very well. :)

I always love Agen's work! :rock

In fact I used one of his pics as my desktop for months! :rock

I'll give a point by point response latter.

For now I'll just say that I fully agree that Agen's picture is awesome. Nothing I have said was meant to in any way diminish that. I have only commented on the symbol debate. It wasn't me that said 'it's great except the symbol". I think he used the symbol very well. :)

I always love Agen's work! :rock

In fact I used one of his pics as my desktop for months! :rock

Nope, you didn't say it, Edward and someone else did. I don't think I accused you of it anyway.

You have been on my back lately, but I still love you. :1-1:

Fabio quit whining, it's annoying.

Waaahhh, none of my figures are accurate. Look guys, I've botched them up trying to make figures like you big kids. I can't fix them though, what do I do?

That's not accurate, this is accurate. Look at Batman's codpiece, it's crooked. Boo-hoo, I'll never be happy. Why can't I have nice things.

I rest my case.

:slap :rolleyes2

just go back to your hole. all you come out of it for is to whine and be annoying.

This obsession is sick. If it's not Ledger Joker stalking and accuracy it's Nolan ass kissing and all that worshiping.

Let the film go for god sake. Move on. If it wasn't for these collectibles some of you would sound like celebrity stalkers. Over 2 years later and some of you have gone so far beyond obsession it's sick. Constant analyzing. Rip stuff apart for the sake of things and where does it go... it certainly isn't healthy. I had unsubscribed from this thread because its always the same. Then you come into the DC section and there it is, bumped back to the top with more Nolan this Nolan that Nolan Nolan Nolan. It's not been Nolan certified!

It's always the same here too, somebody posts a lovely photo/manipulation and the thread goes tits up more or less.

This use to be a great section 2 years ago then far too many people lost their ways and now it's obsession obsession obsession. My point is better than your point and my view is better than yours. Everyone trying to outdo each other. All it ever is nowadays is too many people trying to think for Nolan when they're not sitting there fantasizing day and night about his ideas.

No wonder I see people complaining on IMDb because celebrities looked at them like an alien or throwing hissy fits on the forum because they were rude to them as well as having long discussions why they brushed them off as they were trying to ram pen and paper down their throats.

Mama Nygma said I've got to teach her wittle boy right from wrong before I'm allowed back in.

If I remember correctly Edward Nygma was raised by his father. No mention of his mother.

Beats me why you would get off on comic book character's moms anyways.

Y'all need to lighten up......

l_b1cb3ff3ff671f69e048f2c9c72cee0d.jpg

something i want to share with everyone.

my DX bats had leaky abs....i am happy to report that, it's finally dried up. leaky abs no more. i along with many others that bought the fig from batch 2 still have no idea what the cause was, but finally...it's no longer leaking.

just wanted to share that with you guys.

That's good to hear.

Does the rubber show any signs of being permanently affected or damaged by having gone through that process? Or does it look "good as new," like how it was before it started leaking?

not gonna lie, but it looks good as new. there was no eating away or any other sort of damage.

that really sucks for you kara, did it eat away on the inside or outside?

Ate through the rubber like acid. Fortunately, Hot Toys replaced it. I have been scared to look too closely at the replacement, honestly.

Ate through the rubber like acid. Fortunately, Hot Toys replaced it. I have been scared to look too closely at the replacement, honestly.

dude, that IS weird and messed up.

i have two, and both leaked, but never ate through the suit.

Heres my near year update. I got the DCD batch... I think the one I has has the plastic bicep but no one was ever able to give me a striaght answer of what the hell was the differenceso i have o idea what it actually is... feels harder than the arm rubber but not as hard as the stomach. Anyways...

Up until like last month, though I probably did not look at him fora few months prior, I noticed nothing of any kind. Todsy i wiped off a shiny spot on the plastic abs. The oil laeked though that. Through the plastic! Fortunately the plastic abs is the savior because despite having to wipe it it does not actually work towards damaging anything.

So the moral of the story is that we are all ____ed in the end anyways! But the DCD guys are just less ____ed.

I've checked mine and they're fine (I have two of the DCD batch).

About a month after I bought mine one of the biceps under the bicep armor plates had tiny, tiny droplets of oil. I wiped it of with a smooth cloth.

Since then, absolutely nothing, neither of them. I'm not about to tear them apart looking for trouble either.

Back