1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Super glue and flexible rubbers are never good friends. It makes the rubber hard and brittle and doesn't hold all that strongly anyway

What kind of glue should we use then? I used super glue to glue the chest piece of my Medi TDK back on after doing the chest mod the other day. :slap

Depends on what sort of rubber the suits actually are...I don't know a whole lot about it other than what I've experienced myself. I'd say a flexible rubber urethane glue might be the way to go, but that's just a guess. You'll probably be ok with the chest piece since there isn't a lot of movement in that area I would guess.

What kind of glue should we use then? I used super glue to glue the chest piece of my Medi TDK back on after doing the chest mod the other day. :slap

The Medicom suit isn't rubber I don't think. It certainly does not feel like it. It's almost like PVC. As for the DX, it's a thermoplastic rubber.

https://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?/topic/15736-how-to-take-care-of-your-pvc-figure-must-read/

https://inventors.about.com/od/gstartinventions/a/glue.htm

Hot Glue - Thermoplastic Glue

Hot glue or hot melt adhesives are thermoplastics that are applied hot (often using glue guns) and then harden as they cool. Hot glue and glue guns are commonly used for arts and crafts because of the wide range of materials that hot glue can stick together.

Procter & Gamble chemical and packaging engineer, Paul Cope invented thermoplastic glue around 1940 as an improvement to water-based adhesives that were failing in humid climates.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080822180710AAKF9uG

I use an extremely thick super glue for all my figures. It doesn't flex but neither does the glue HT uses.

So I finally took pics of my DX Bats to show you guys and really would appreciate your opinion of how bad you think it really is.

Extremly shiny abs, texture underneath faded and croth section takes the form of the belts:
20072010054.jpg

Arm leakage:
20072010056.jpg

... It's really bad. I couldn't be happy with that.

I am interested in picking up a DX batman but my question is this, I see some people selling the DX Batman and mention it is the DC Direct batch. What is the other "batch"? Which is better? Which has the leaky abs issue?

patience is key. Do you like it? Adjusted it a little since, looks bloody perfect, will post pics tomorrow!

Hell yeah I like it! I'm amazed you aren't using a stand! That would actually freak me out a bit and I never use stands! :horror

He's waiting for a repaint of the BR Joker head.

I am interested in picking up a DX batman but my question is this, I see some people selling the DX Batman and mention it is the DC Direct batch. What is the other "batch"? Which is better? Which has the leaky abs issue?
The DCD batch is the one you want mate! Otherwise you end up with a figure like Endosickness has,

So I finally took pics of my DX Bats to show you guys and really would appreciate your opinion of how bad you think it really is.

Extremly shiny abs, texture underneath faded and croth section takes the form of the belts:
Friend, you pretty much have every problem that has ever arisen with this figure, If you can get a replacement, go for it!!! I'm not too sure how to do it but other people on here have so i'm sure they can help. Vodoun and Dinolast spring to mind.

Sorry to see your figure in such poor shape!

The DCD batch is the one you want mate! Otherwise you end up with a figure like Endosickness has,

Friend, you pretty much have every problem that has ever arisen with this figure, If you can get a replacement, go for it!!! I'm not too sure how to do it but other people on here have so i'm sure they can help. Vodoun and Dinolast spring to mind.

Sorry to see your figure in such poor shape!

Is that so, dude?!
I´ll contact them as soon as I seem them here on the board.
Hot Toys said they wanted better pics and I delivered and Eisselmann is getting his replacement.
So I´m hoping for the best...

Back