1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hey guys. Does Ifirigno still make capes?

Wouldn't mind getting one if shipping to Australia is not a problem. I have Paypal and I have no problems paying for shipping.

Wow, I didn't know that was possible!

True types tend to have these rubber covers over the screws. I take them off with the thinnest and smallest flat screw driver I can find then use the philips screw driver to open the upper body to tighten the arms around the shoulders.

I also did this to my blade fig as the upper abdomen was a bit looser than I liked.

I didn't open up my batman, and never would. But the rubber was very flexible and the elbow joints weren't too hard to pull out. Real happy nothing got damaged in the process.

The Medicom doesn't use rubber and the finish is fantastic.

Soft vinyl, rubber, semantics. The result is the same in terms of movement.

heres some pics of this oh so horrible figure ;)

picture22.png

Nice pictures. Whose headscukpt and paint job is this as it looks amazing!

Posted on 2nd of June, arrived to Hot Toys on the 5th. Replacements sent out on the 8th, arrived today.

Thats fast for a trip to Hong Kong and back to the UK yet parcels in the UK system can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

dscf9732.jpg

dscf9733.jpg

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9166/[/QUOTE]

Glad they finally came around for you and you are back on enjoying the twins :)

How are vinyl and rubber in any way similar?

Flexible synthetic polymers? They're very similar. For example you can get medical gloves in both vinyl and latex rubber and they function the same.

That head sculpt is very nice! Isn't that the Andy B one?

Gawd, he looks so great with those silvers popping in those pics. They look so sharp and tidy.

Posted on 2nd of June, arrived to Hot Toys on the 5th. Replacements sent out on the 8th, arrived today.

Thats fast for a trip to Hong Kong and back to the UK yet parcels in the UK system can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

congrats mate

they still haven't replied to me if they got my figure or not. So I don't know if they have it, or if they shipped out the new one. I think we have sent our bodies the same day?

man it sucks ^^

I didn't think the Kai head looked this good! Maybe it's a better paint job or just better lighting and photography skills?

It's the better lighting and photography skills methinks.

It's a great head but there's just some element of caricature about it which turns me off it.

I prefer my modified Andy B head but still await a definitive Bale as Bruce head.

Alright, I think it may be time for me to "eat crow."

I pulled my DX02 and tried the lforigno cape again. I futzed it a little more and played with how much I was stuffing down his shirt, and although it is shorter than what I was originally going for, it really does look quite nice.

Here is a comparison shot:

picture.php
picture.php

HT cape on left. lforigno cape on right.

Sorry for jumping the gun on my original reaction lforigno. :panic: :eek:

It's a great head but there's just some element of caricature about it which turns me off it.
I can't agree. It's a fantastic sculpt, the best Bale yet IMO.

Then I guess we'll have to respectfully disagree.

Compare that to this (Adam's / Imaresqd1 - which IMO is the best i've ever seen):

2688592274_1328a9fe9a.jpg

002450235822.jpg

The ONLY thing that looks off to me on this one is the width of the nose, but this is the only picture to my knowledge that Adam has publicly shared of this sculpt and is supposed to be a WIP picture, so I can only imagine what the final fully painted one looks like.

Something about the features just appears a little exagerrated to me on Kai's sculpt, whereas in this one, everything is very natural looking.

Last edited:

I prefer my modified Andy B head but still await a definitive Bale as Bruce head.

totally agree. The Kai sculpt always struck me as slightly cartoonish, not sure why. It's not terrible, and I can see Bale in it, it's just not quite there.

That sculpt Adam did looks super...would love a chance at one of those.

Then I guess we'll have to respectfully disagree.

Compare that to this (Adam's / Imaresqd1 - which IMO is the best i've ever seen):

2688592274_1328a9fe9a.jpg

002450235822.jpg

The ONLY thing that looks off to me on this one is the width of the nose, but this is the only picture to my knowledge that Adam has publicly shared of this sculpt and is supposed to be a WIP picture, so I can only imagine what the final fully painted one looks like.

Something about the features just appears a little exagerrated to me on Kai's sculpt, whereas in this one, everything is very natural looking.

Damn, Im digging that. How available are those going to be?

I would love to see the lips ever so slightly parted that that picture. I think that is constant look for Bale.

Back