1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Its funny but very true. Its a hard art to capture the first time around. At then end of the day it all comes down to how it looks in hand. Especially with action figures.

Another big factor is that no two people's rooms/homes are lit the same way or have the same access to natural light. You can get a rough idea but when seen under your own conditions, it can be a whole other ballgame.

Thats a really nice paper bag design that they are giving for the batman. makes me wanna get one, now.:monkey2

I was holding out for my LCS' DCD shipment,but after looking at these pics,does anybody know a place with a good price(that isn't sold out)?

Cornerstorecomics.com is still taking pre-orders on this for 165.00

Anytime I shoot, I average about 1 out of every 3 photos being a good representation.

Part of the problem is, the camera and the human eye don't work the same.

Sideshow's Vader was a HUGE challenge for me, what I saw on my desk looked amazing and trying to get a photo to present him the same was very difficult, almost impossible.

I have that problem more often than not. :pow Especiacilly since I don't like just photographing the figure but rather have him (it's usually a him anway) in an environment of sorts.

For me BR Joker's extra head is one of those where it looks perfect in-hand but photos have to be shot just right for it to appear as good.

Anyone here can point me to a great comic store possibly having loads of 1:6 figures in LA? I am heading to LA soon, will be staying in Burbank and really would like to see a great store

Hey Geil,

You should try Frank N Sons in the City of Industry. It is a huge warehouse with several vendors on different type of collectibles. We have a nice booth with several Hot Toys for sale and on display. I also have the DX Joker for $165 and will offer the U.S. version of the DX Batman for $165 as well... www.qstoysandcollectibles.com

Hey Geil,

You should try Frank N Sons in the City of Industry. It is a huge warehouse with several vendors on different type of collectibles. We have a nice booth with several Hot Toys for sale and on display. I also have the DX Joker for $165 and will offer the U.S. version of the DX Batman for $165 as well... www.qstoysandcollectibles.com

Holdon... are you implying you have the DX Batman IN STOCK?????? or very soon? :p Cause I am coming next week for a week :p

The Crazy-Eyes work for the Joker though so they're not as 'noticable' as with Batman. IMO anyways. When I look at the head all I see are bug-eyes. Not enough to turn me off of it (don't have the cash for him anyways, so I'll stick with my V1), but enough for me to bring it up. Just an observation. But the movable eyes trump it.

I agree, and didnt even like them on the joker. It takes ALOT of likeness away, as they eyes in general are way too big and wide eyed, like suprised looking. The only optimal expressions you can pull with them are looking down the brow type of postions, with the head tilted down, otherwise it just looks plain goofy. I like the innovation, but give me posed, painted, and realistic likeness/expression eyes ANY day over PERS.
Btw, Show us some DAMN CAPED PHOTOS lucky asian guys!

Another big factor is that no two people's rooms/homes are lit the same way or have the same access to natural light. You can get a rough idea but when seen under your own conditions, it can be a whole other ballgame.

It's also annoying how the camera lens ruins the perfect look for a face when one tries to capture a shot that looks so good with the human eye with most times creating a somewhat fish bowl type of look for close ups. Making it look skinny.

I agree, and didnt even like them on the joker. It takes ALOT of likeness away, as they eyes in general are way too big and wide eyed, like suprised looking. The only optimal expressions you can pull with them are looking down the brow type of postions, with the head tilted down, otherwise it just looks plain goofy. I like the innovation, but give me posed, painted, and realistic likeness/expression eyes ANY day over PERS.

Hopefully they create a technology LIDS? Rubber moving eye lids. :D

I actually don't think it was a necessity for HT to make the eye sockets so wide on the DX Joker and Batman heads. One could argue that the slightly wider eyes allows some more leeway for posing and functionality, but I don't agree. If Enterbay's excellent Bruce Lee figures (and their moveable eyes) are any indication, you still have a lot of freedom and personality with the eyes without making them appear wide-eyed or surprised.

But, it doesn't bother me too much.

It's also annoying how the camera lens ruins the perfect look for a face when one tries to capture a shot that looks so good with the human eye with most times creating a somewhat fish bowl type of look for close ups. Making it look skinny.

That can be avoided with a strong zoom on your lens, but not everyone has that option.

My camera certainly wont do that. It's far too old. It loses focus zooming in so close. It's not even a DSLR.

I don't think any other lenses fits a Fuji Finepix s5600.

Overall a great figure, but am I the only one who thinks the PERS system makes it eyes look really cartoony? This can be seen on this pic when compared to the v1:
TDK.jpg

Look at these movie stills:
tdk_1935.jpg

tdk_1930.jpg

tdk_1650.jpg

2isha43.jpg

One of the things i liked the most about this suit is how deep Bale eyes were situated in the socket, and how beautifully the shadows formed around all the creases in the eye area. It gave Bale eyes that kind of dark, bestial quality in the movie as the eyeballs were flashing from the shadows. Unfortunately this seems totaly lost on the PERS(even though the figure eyes are more deeply socketed then the v1) and i believe one of the mods that might turn most popular with this figure, will be repainting the PERS eyes to make them look more squinted and less bright. Who's with me?:rolleyes:

i've said this a thousand times before... the PERS eyes are too big and puppy-ish!! nevermind, i'm gonna use the sonar eyes anyway

It could be fixed with some modeling putty and painted up with matte black.

It could be fixed with some modeling putty and painted up with matte black.

I think that would eliminate PERS though wouldn't it? Thus defeating one of the cool things about this figure :(

But seriously, this is a DX. They screwed up the first time, this time we should get some damn near perfection

How? you're not going to close the eyes. If one adds a bit more eye lid you'll still see the eye just a smaller opening. Less white.

Back