1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

And here we go...the prince of Gotham...WIP.....coming soon
2688592274_1328a9fe9a.jpg

Now is that spot on or what

Love the wavy hair. Hot Toys sure loves to gel theirs up.

I believe that's Venakin Skywalker's modified Andy B. Bale head.

What's been modified? repaint... actual sculpt...

Eyes and mouth look good, nose looks to go the HT route of being a bit thicker.

You may be right, would love to see more pics of that sculpt though. That's the only pic I know of... but just the overall effect to me is more accurate if you know what I mean after looking at that pic as opposed to looking at Andy's sculpt

Well it helps his sculpt that the eyes and eyebrows are painted in that photo. It's a nice photo with properly painted eyes which helps, I've yet to really see a paint job and photos that bring out the best in Andy's head, I've always thought it looked good, but when I got it in hand I was really impressed with it and all the photos of it painted haven't captured the sculpt very well, and some of the paint jobs are nice but don't seem quite Bale. While it may seem like you just slap paint into the sculpt and it should look like him, it does take certain traits and things to make the paint job capture a person's look on a sculpt, and I haven't really seen paint ups of the Andy head that look like they get it. Adam definitely got those eyes sculpted and painted very well.

Nose and lips are the two things I spot most on Bale sculpts, those 2 features stand out most to me in terms of distinguishing Bale's face from someone else, he's got a very rough, thin nose and his lips have that duckbill effect. Adam definitely got the lips right on his sculpt.

Yeah i'd agree with that. I'd love to see Andy's Bale painted by Rismo - he seems to have a style that would really suit it, I get the feeling.

Just ordered mine through DCBS. Yep, it's a long wait but I'm saving 40+ bucks. In this case the wait doesn't bother me as much since I have the V1. I think the bigger drawback is that DCBS charges your creditcard next month (Nov) for the full amount of the order.

Recheck the DCBS policy page. On pre-ordered items they don't charge the card till the item ships. I bought the Tumbler, Bank Robber Joker, and the Bat-pod from them. Good comunication, didn't charge card till they shipped, and shipped all three for $5.95. They get their stock from Diamond. I have my DX Joker on order from them as well.

Old Grandpa

Now is that spot on or what

Wow shiiiiiteeee that is suchh a nice sculpt!!! I have always admired his work but it's so hard to contact him...

Does anyone know him on this board so I could talk him into selling me one of his joker/bale sculpts!?

Recheck the DCBS policy page. On pre-ordered items they don't charge the card till the item ships. I bought the Tumbler, Bank Robber Joker, and the Bat-pod from them. Good comunication, didn't charge card till they shipped, and shipped all three for $5.95. They get their stock from Diamond. I have my DX Joker on order from them as well.

Old Grandpa

I have ordered from them in the past and they haven't charged me until the items were ready to ship. Can't beat those prices either. I had the Joker on preorder since they listed it. Just ordered Batman yesterday. I was thinking of not buying him at all until I saw what they were selling him for. Way too good to pass up.

They just posted the HT shipping schedule over at another forum. Looks like DX TDK is still on schedule for Jan-Feb.

Dear customer,

Because of the inadequate supply of production material,
We would like to inform you that the delivery date of some items has to be postponed.

Please kindly find the updated shipping schedule for your reference:

HT_SCH.jpg

I can't tell...what items on that schedule has been postponed/delayed?

this is their UPDATED Asian release schedule. For the people who have been waiting for like, Silk Spectre, Sheva, and Wesker...Those were originally expected around July or August. Everything else, just appears to be on time.

come on, admit it. you wish your bale looks like this:

7332_1264465008760_1143807072_829498_5494771_n.jpg

it's a custom. whoever did this, congrats! the best bale sculpt i've seen yet.

i have never seen that picture but thats probably the coolest things ive seen ever!! haha i never knew people actually looked at my work.

hah have i been out of it that long?

and yeah it is a modifyed andy B sculpt... and as you can see ive studied almost every feature of christian bales face (i know that sounds weird)

1bw.jpg

you cant see in that pic but i actually have the 5 ol' clock shadow too..

and i'm actually trying to improve this sculpt for a customer named intothevoid. (sorry i havent replied to your PM.. things got pushed back alittle)

Back