MLB-2009 Push for the World Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Now I'll have the pleasure of hearing Yankee fans in my area tearing up Red Sox fans chanting "27 Championships...how many do you guys have?!" It's sickening in my area. It's split between both teams as far as fanbase (although mostly Red Sox...but it's always either or).

We'll see after tonight...I have a feeling this team will dethrone the Phils this year:
yankees.jpg

One more time...with feeling (until next year)...:chew

:lol ^^^ Haters.

We just wish all our teams had the ability to pay for all the talent.

The series was not as good as I was expecting, but still some decent games.

Yankees bought nothing, if money bought championships then the Yankees should win it every year right?? But that's not the case. Congrats to the YANKESS!!!!!

Money+Steroids+getting every call from the umps in the postseason=201 million well spent.

I HATE THE YANKEES!

UUUUUGHHHHHHHHH congrats to the yankmycrotches.

They're called Yankme Scum around here. :lol

I think the Yankees would've been in WS more often if A-Rod would've produced in the playoffs the last few years.

I am not in any way jealous of the Yankees winning. I don't care much for some of their players, like A-Rod and Jeter, so I will never root for them.

I do know that some teams, like the Indians, are basically farm teams for those teams that can afford to pay out for big contracts. :(

Thanks, Yanks, for helping the Phillies with the no-peat. Now I don't have to hear about them all year. Maybe Comcast will pull that awful Cole Hamels commercial. :chew

Yankees bought nothing, if money bought championships then the Yankees should win it every year right?? But that's not the case. Congrats to the YANKESS!!!!!

Team 2008 payroll 2009 payroll
Yankees $209,081,577 $201,449,189 Mets $137,793,376 $149,373,987
Cubs $118,345,833 $134,809,000
Red Sox $133,390,035 $121,745,999
Tigers $137,685,196 $115,085,145
Angels $119,216,333 $113,709,000
Phillies $98,269,880 $113,004,046

So many things wrong with this statement first of being if your gonna defend a team know how to spell there name right first. Yankees(your welcome). :lol

The Yanks have spent the most money every season, the only thing about this year was they finally spent the money on good players. The Yankees have been trying to buy championships for years and they will do so for years to come(my Red Sox are guilty of this also though).

Back