Mister Ski's Marvel Collection and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for stopping by grphyx1! :duff

All three of them are winners in my book. The only negative so far is that Zod's ankles are pretty weak and he can fall over if left standing too long. I think there is a quick mod that fixes the problem in the Zod thread somewhere.

I got the DCcollectibles exclusive statue and I love it. I think HT did an amazing job on the armour but i don't feel I need him. They look great together though

Here is my latest premium format statue from Sideshow - none other than the Captain America Allied Charge PF. I had been back on forth on this statue from the initial pics. I liked it, but wasn't crazy about the pose at first. However, Cap is one of my favorite heroes, so I figured I would try my luck at the WL for the EX and thankfully it converted right before the list closed. I have always been one to give credit where credit is due and this is one example of Sideshow getting it right. Cap came out really well. The paint job is very nice. I especially like the weathering job that was done on the boots. The mixed media cloth is also well done. Nice job of carrying the weathering from the sculpted boots up to his cloth pants. The head sculpt really grew on me over the months. This is vintage WWII Cap and his head sculpt reflects that era. He looks a bit old school and the Thompson really completes the grizzled WWII vet look for Cap. I have read about some of the complaints on the diamond shield being a decal, but I think it still looks good and I can't see it ever peeling off. If I had one nit pick with this statue, it is that the red color on the round shield seems too bright too me. I almost wish it were darker to match the red of his gloves. I also wish that his white sleeves were weathered to match the white striping on his midsection. Not a deal breaker by any means though.

Here are some pics of #150/1000 and some music to go along with them.

I think this is my favorite shot.

Last edited:
I just love holiday weekends. It gives me time to catch up and take pictures of all the statues I have received recently. It always seems to be feast or famine for me. This thread goes months without updates and then I get 4 pieces in a week. This past week I received this beast of a statue from ARH Studios, along with Gold Athena and Ares (I hope to get to those pictures later this weekend.) I don't use the word beast lightly. This statue is heavy, huge and down right beastly!! I cannot believe the level of detail there is in this piece. The camera simply cannot capture them all. These statues are made with details 360 degrees around it. I need to invest in a turntable as it was tough rotating this around for pictures. If you are a fan of mythological creatures and gods, then I highly recommend you check you ARH Studios. Massive statues with incredible detail and high quality sculpts and paint apps all for a moderate price. The one things I would recommend they improve on is the packaging foam. It is not the top quality styrofoam and the pellets go everywhere when you unpack the statue. Don't use low grade styrofoam to protect such a top quality work of art. I think I have heard that ARH has upgraded the styrofoam for future statues which is good news indeed if true. I cannot say enough good things about this piece, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

First some music...

Face only a mother could love.

As promised, here are some pictures of Athena with gold armor. This is another winner from ARH. She is a beauty. Beautiful sculpt, nicely done paint apps and the meticulous details on this statue are outstanding. As with the Minotaur, if you are a fan of mythological gods and creatures, then you should check out ARH. I believe this one might be sold out now, but both Ares and the Minotaur are still available. What I love about these states is that base is a complete environment that helps tell the story of the statue. The broken chariot riding into battle and the wise owl taking flight, are full of intricate details that I tried to pic up with the camera.

Here are some overall shots of Athena.

Some music...

Here are some pictures of the Juggernaut Danger Room series statue by Kotobukiya. He came out really nice. I think he is 1/6 scale. Would really love to see this guy in 1/4 scale in the future. Hint, hint XM or Sideshow.

I received the pointing finger from kenmk1 this week. He did a great job with it and I couldn't be happier with it. It is going to look great with the yelling portrait that Tavegg is overseeing. :rock

Many thanks kenmk1! :bow

Here are a couple pics...

Avengers Assemble! (ok, well maybe just Hulk for now)

tumblr_m2e0lgVHRY1qk6jdj.jpg

Ski ;)

Congrats on the custom hand Mike :clap Certainly adds a different look to the PF plus when the new portrait comes in it will add to its overall display capabilities!!! :rock

Back