Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 (July 14th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn’t matter cause he still went off that cliff.

Tom Cruise the only superstar left
Yes but it only feels impressive if you know that fact beforehand. People watching this movie 10 years from now aren't going to be aware and will just assume the whole thing was done in a studio parking lot.

Yes but it only feels impressive if you know that fact beforehand. People watching this movie 10 years from now aren't going to be aware and will just assume the whole thing was done in a studio parking lot.
Yep. It reminds me of this scene from The Desolation of Smaug:

beorn.jpg

They really filmed that scene on location right there in that amazing New Zealand valley. But right as they were about to start shooting, some clouds rolled in and turned the skies grey. But rather than waiting for another sunny day Jackson just put up a big green screen behind Beorn while he stood outside and shot the scene anyway and then inserted previously filmed photography of the sunny mountains behind him in post-production. The end result was a super fake looking scene that defeated the entire purpose of them filming in front of that majestic landscape! :slap

View attachment 650090

They really filmed that scene on location right there in that amazing New Zealand valley. But right as they were about to start shooting, some clouds rolled in and turned the skies grey. But rather than waiting for another sunny day Jackson just put up a big green screen behind Beorn while he stood outside and shot the scene anyway and then inserted previously filmed photography of the sunny mountains behind him in post-production. The end result was a super fake looking scene that defeated the entire purpose of them filming in front of that majestic landscape! :slap

Yeah same kind of thing with WW84. They actually filmed most of that desert sequence outside and on a real road, and yet the finished scene looks entirely CGI and like it was shot on a soundstage. So it's like, why did they bother?

All these blockbusters today have so much color correction and background CGI that nothing looks like it was actually shot on location anymore.

hhhgg.JPG

I don’t care about audiences 10 years from now :lol

Besides, I think they will know. There will be the legend known as Tom Cruise and how he was the last of the Hollywood superstars and how he did his own nutty stunts.

Watch mojo by itself will keep the younger generations in the know :lol

Anyways are we to start judging the stunts by what people will think of it in the future ???

Because it was a smooth ride to the top of the mountain we are going to complain??

I am sure they did all that so Tom could successfully and safely complete the stunt.

You guys must hate Raiders of the Lost Ark and that truck chase when Indy goes under the truck and you can see the ditch they dug for the stunt man so he could successfully and safely complete the stunt. :lol

Last edited:

View attachment 650090

Well I didn’t think it looked fake in the movie. It was smooth ride yes but still an impressive looking stunt.

You guys must hate Raiders of the Lost Ark and that truck chase when Indy goes under the truck and you can see the ditch they dug for the stunt man so he could successfully and safely complete the stunt. :lol
Nope because even though the trench is plainly visible there's nothing that tells my brain that what I'm watching isn't really happening which is a critical component of stunt work like that.

Nope because even though the trench is plainly visible there's nothing that tells my brain that what I'm watching isn't really happening which is a critical component of stunt work like that.
Well watching it in the theater nothing gave that away to me.

I stayed away from trailers so maybe it looked worse on the small screen.

Well watching it in the theater nothing gave that away to me.

I stayed away from trailers so maybe it looked worse on the small screen.
Fair enough! Maybe it's something that only becomes obvious on multiple viewings or when you know what to look for. But Tom had to blab about the set up of that damn scene for so many pre-show IMAX promos that I got very familiar with it very quickly, lol.

This period is like the 50's all over again: studios rule, everything looks pretty and fake, controlled, 'on-stage' visually -- movies are like factory doohickeys that just get cranked out over and over...

It's time for "location" movies to come back in style -- where you go see a movie because it is really filmed 'on location'. Something authentic... like Road Warrior was.

:lol

This period is like the 50's all over again: studios rule, everything looks fake, controlled, on-stage visually -- movies are like factory doohickeys that just get cranked out over and over...

It's time for "location" movies to come back in style -- where you go see a movie because it is really filmed 'on location'.

:lol
Isn’t that the whole mission Impossible franchise??

Fair enough! Maybe it's something that only becomes obvious on multiple viewings or when you know what to look for. But Tom had to blab about the set up of that damn scene for so many pre-show IMAX promos that I got very familiar with it very quickly, lol.
So I just watched it multiple times on my TV

So yeah you can tell the smoke and dirt getting kick up by the bike is fake and the fake clouds. Too bad :(

Ultimately I don’t care. I know and so do my kids. **** my great grand kids who I’ll probably never meet.

Did you see this movie yet??

Back