Minas Tirith Info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goliath said:
How about on their site? :peace

Yea, I'm an idiot. I found the link like 10 seconds after I posted. :rotfl :rotfl I'm going to get the minis tirith, but is anybody getting the barad-dur ?
lrv-01_z.jpg

congerking said:
Did they ship these a while ago. Forgive my ignorance, this is the first I've heard of either of these.
I think it must have been two years ago and I seem to remember they called it a "limited edition" in terms of being produced for only a limited time - although it does look like they still have some.:rolleyes:

goliath said:
I think it must have been two years ago and I seem to remember they called it a "limited edition" in terms of being produced for only a limited time - although it does look like they still have some.:rolleyes:

Cool deal, glad I found it. For those of you who have barad-dur, is the eye of sauron the part of it that lights up?

I got one last X-Mas. It's very cool. Not quite SS standards, but very cool and a good deal none the less.

congerking said:
Cool deal, glad I found it. For those of you who have barad-dur, is the eye of sauron the part of it that lights up?

Yes, it's a yellow / red LED that continuously changes its color, you can turn it on / off with a switch underneath the base.

I like the sculpt and it looks great placed next to the Weta Orthanc!

Here's a picture from my collection for size comparison:

goliath said:
Yes, it's a yellow / red LED that continuously changes its color, you can turn it on / off with a switch underneath the base.

I like the sculpt and it looks great placed next to the Weta Orthanc!

Here's a picture from my collection for size comparison:

Thanks for the pic. Definetely going to get barad-dur and minis tirith now. Not even goign to try to get weta orthanc, WAY too much money for that bad boy. (i mean seriously, is Orthanc really worth $1000 ?)

congerking said:
Not even goign to try to get weta orthanc, WAY too much money for that bad boy. (i mean seriously, is Orthanc really worth $1000 ?)

Is it worth $ 1000? I don't know, mine is worth $ 250 to me, because that's what I paid for it (and that was last summer, lucky me!).

To some people, it seems to be worth that much, there is a repaired one on Ebay right now (here), that stands at $910 already with two days to go. :horror

I guess if you want to have a complete collection and this is the missing piece, you don't have much of an option. My last missing piece to complete all the environemts was the Stone Trolls and I paid about $ 930 for them. Are they worth it? Probably not, but they were the last missing piece. :D

I present a question to all you freaks out there. I'm in a pickle, I can either get HT Superman (which i love) or get Minis Tirith and Barad-Dur. I don't think I have the money right now to get both. Which would you get? Or should I just throw it out the window, get both because you only live once?

If you ask me - get Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith. But I'm a LotR freak and don't care about Superman at all.

(You may get other replies if you post the same question in the Gneral Movie / TV collectibles forum...:D )

congerking said:
I present a question to all you freaks out there. I'm in a pickle, I can either get HT Superman (which i love) or get Minis Tirith and Barad-Dur. I don't think I have the money right now to get both. Which would you get? Or should I just throw it out the window, get both because you only live once?

Another personaly preference question. And the answer is always the same, whichever you want more.

goliath said:
If you ask me - get Barad-Dur and Minas Tirith. But I'm a LotR freak and don't care about Superman at all.

(You may get other replies if you post the same question in the Gneral Movie / TV collectibles forum...:D )

Precisely, "Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder".. ask a Superman Fan, and he will tell you to get HT Superman, ask a LOTR fan, and he will choose the other... bah!

gtb said:
Precisely, "Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder".. ask a Superman Fan, and he will tell you to get HT Superman, ask a LOTR fan, and he will choose the other... bah!

too true, too true. I'm going to throw crap to the wind and get both. thanks anyway.

Back