Midtown Comics 30% - 60% off sale! from 3/11 to 3/30

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like all the good stuff is back to regular price.

I ordered a Conan PF for my buddy at like 180 back when it first went up. Good deal.

i had looked at the site last night and it literally said 30 - 60% of all statues and pre-orders. The Exclusive Black Panther statue was like $135 I think????! Somebody messed up with the programming

I had the Jedi Luke PF and Ms. Marvel PF in my checkout (30% off) went through check out, and then it said "The Selected Items are Out of Stock." Checked back 30 minutes later and the webpage had been fixed and the two items were just 10% off.

i had looked at the site last night and it literally said 30 - 60% of all statues and pre-orders. The Exclusive Black Panther statue was like $135 I think????! Somebody messed up with the programming

I seen that to and thought something was wrong, went back today and they had corrected the price.

they have to honor it, regardless of error. it was their error.

They don't have to honor squat. I've done this plenty of times to know your order can and will probably get canceled if it was a mistake or if they say it was a mistake, and there is little recourse you can do about it, except not buy their stuff, which most of us were not buying their stuff anyways.

I don't know how much retailers pay for these things, but could they make any kind of profit at all selling forthcoming Sideshow products for 30% under retail? Seems like they would be losing money on it, which wouldn't make a lot of business sense. You've at least got to break even if these are pre-orders, right?

I don't know how much retailers pay for these things, but could they make any kind of profit at all selling forthcoming Sideshow products for 30% under retail? Seems like they would be losing money on it, which wouldn't make a lot of business sense. You've at least got to break even if these are pre-orders, right?

They're a pretty major statue retailer, they know their profit margins on these, and yeah, they wouldn't be selling pre-orders for under their cost.

somebody just totally messed up on the website set up. that punisher was like $158 and was sold out in seconds. they may have lost some money but MidTown Comics is way overpriced in store anyways

I got my order in yesterday from this sale. The shipping was very high so I did a little investigating.

My order was over $200 so they charge 12% for shipping and handling according to their site. However, my charge was a lot higher than 12%. I sent them an email asking about it and they said their shipping calculator figured the shipping on the original prices and not the sale prices. They ended up refunding me the difference.

Their shipping is still high....or I should say their handling charges. Even after the refund the handling charges were more than the actual shipping charges ($33 for handling and $25 for shipping). Good thing I saved a lot on the sale prices.

I did send them another email asking them to explain the $33 handling charges.

My Cammy arrived the other day safe and sound that I ordered from this site on sale.

I emailed Midtown comics regarding why the Sideshow pre-orders went from 30% off down to 10% off. According to them, Sideshow doesn't allow them to sell the pre-orders for more than 10% off.

I am interested in one piece that they have on their site for 40% off, but their shipping is ridiculous.

Back