Microsoft Office 2010 Professional question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollectorNC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Many sellers have it listed fairly cheap for a $300-500 product and some of the lisitings have me paranoid...like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Micros...011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aafa55953

What's your experience and when they say it has license for 3 computers, is that 3 computers with 3 separate users? Like one for my computer, one for another employee's computer and one for another employee's computer?

OR is it ONLY for 1 user on 3 computers.

It would mean 3 PCs unlimited users. They don't worry about users on software like this as only one user can use it at a time per PC. You will see per user licenses on Server and Server based software.

I agree that is either an education version( full version but legally has to used by either student or educator) or pirated version.

If your buying for personal use I would take a chance it was education version and just use it, but if you are buying for business I would stay away.

Also if buying for personal, if you have kids in school look at education software sites and you can get lots of software for insane prices.

It would mean 3 PCs unlimited users. They don't worry about users on software like this as only one user can use it at a time per PC. You will see per user licenses on Server and Server based software.

I agree that is either an education version( full version but legally has to used by either student or educator) or pirated version.

If your buying for personal use I would take a chance it was education version and just use it, but if you are buying for business I would stay away.

Also if buying for personal, if you have kids in school look at education software sites and you can get lots of software for insane prices.

Buying for business and have seen it around the low 100's before. Just hard to know which seller to trust. This ones claims they are original and sealed...but has only a 28 feedback and also, when checking the feedback, the 28 is for him as a buyer.

Buying for business and have seen it around the low 100's before. Just hard to know which seller to trust. This ones claims they are original and sealed...but has only a 28 feedback and also, when checking the feedback, the 28 is for him as a buyer.
All I can say is ask as many questions as you can before you buy. Make sure they say it's a full retail license. Make sure it's not a special license. If based on answers it still sounds legit buy it it's not file a claim with eBay/paypal.

Also, which versions of Office 2010 actually have a 3 user license for business?

I don't know enough about software in regards to home and business editions. Can this one not be used for a small business? Bacially, is there some sort of coding that alerts MS to the fact it's being used for business at an office versus a home computer? lol I don't get it. All I need is updated WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK for 3 small business computers at a nice price...

https://www.staples.com/Microsoft-Office-Home-and-Student-2010-(Traditional-Disc)/product_866155
pretty much any can be used anywhere as long as you have a license. Home and Student is the only exception as it's a non commercial license.

Did you contact the eBay sale to see if it was academic version?

pretty much any can be used anywhere as long as you have a license. Home and Student is the only exception as it's a non commercial license.

Did you contact the eBay sale to see if it was academic version?

Actually Ebay contacted me to warn me about seller. Go figure.

Back