Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
101_0055.jpg

Ho boy. I hope this is a simile of some sorts aimed towards the actress in that GIF.

Have to give them credit, the designs are really quite well done--keeping the color bandanas but giving each Turtle its own distinct look. Heck I've never know which is which by bandana color or weapon. I just know the names. Also looks to be a bit edgier than the previous men-in-animatronic suit movies (this is practicals+performance capture and will likely have some very cool effects). They seem to be getting back to somewhat grittier roots, but still staying kid/audience friendly. Will probably get a PG rating, but if they are smart they will make a PG-13 movie to expand the aftermarket. I'm sure this will be a huge international hit provided they got the story right. I doubt I'll see the movie in the theater but will definitely grab the blu-ray if it's good.

While I dig the new designs a lot, the old rubber suits were masterful, they looked sooo good, they even hold up today pretty nicely, you can actually believe they're turtles :lol they didn't bend in weird ways nor get squished or anything, despite the extreme stuns the actors pulled inside them suits, they were really well made.

While I dig the new designs a lot, the old rubber suits were masterful, they looked sooo good, they even hold up today pretty nicely, you can actually believe they're turtles :lol they didn't bend in weird ways nor get squished or anything, despite the extreme stuns the actors pulled inside them suits, they were really well made.

The first movie. 2-3 looked silly especially 3. Jim Henson did the first movie turtles and to this day they still hold up. No turtle movie has ever best those designs or that movie. This movie has a lot to prove lol.

The first movie. 2-3 looked silly especially 3. Jim Henson did the first movie turtles and to this day they still hold up. No turtle movie has ever best those designs or that movie. This movie has a lot to prove lol.

I can still look at the suits in the first film and still believe they are real. I hated when they started giving them freckles.

Back