Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. Nick already destoryed TMNT with those crappy ass TV shows. I don't know how much more damage Bay could do.

But then again...I dunno. Sounds crappy either way.

LOL. Nick already destoryed TMNT with those crappy ass TV shows. I don't know how much more damage Bay could do.

But then again...I dunno. Sounds crappy either way.

you mean fox ? Nick doesnt release the new tmnt show til fall.

Yeah. I know why Bay's doing it though. His thinking process makes sense when you consider the current appel of the general public.

But that doesn't make it a good idea. They did the same thing with Thor, but they didn't do too bad of a job. They became Aliens instead of Gods.

General audiences accept Aliens more then mutants. Kinda like Doom. They were all mutant Alien things, rather then demons from hell.

But I do have a feeling he'll change that concept.

Regardless. It's a dumb idea. The change isn't amazing, or interesting. But it's done because kids today can't except far fetched ideas. Look at all these movies. They're all "realistic" with "realism". I think John Carter was the least "real" movie that has come out.
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

He'd just say you need to turn your brain off to enjoy the movie... which is likely what Bay did when he came up with this idea. But hey, intelligence isn't a common thing so it'll still make loads of dough and spawn two sequels.
:lol oh you cruel-cruel Bladie.

I have never loved you more than at this moment. :1-1:
:horror:panic: my bed!

Wow, you guys are certainly losing your minds over what is probably a simple misunderstanding. "Mutant" is right in the title, they're not going to change that to "alien" for this movie.

Even if they were aliens, would it be *THAT* big of a deal? I mean, a lot of the TMNT mythos and villains stem from Dimension X, would it be that damning if the Turtles were Dimension X refugees?

I dunno, I'm a huge TMNT fan, but even I think it's a little early in the game to get my panties in a tizzy over what Bay said.

The first turtle movie will always be one of the best comic book movies ever. to me atleast. It captured almost every aspect of the turtles from the comic to the show.

The first movie wasn't anything like the original Eastman and Laird comics. It was if anything a more serious nod to the cartoon. For those who actually read the comic, the cartoon was an abomination compared to those even though it endeared just about every child at the time. This is just another footnote in how different the Turtles could be from their source which has just continued occurring since 1987.

Making them aliens is just Bay ____ing with people now because he can. I can't wait to see what he has planned for his Transformers v2.

Back