Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
movies-megan-fox-2.jpg

she's so hot I can feel my shell tightening :woo

When I saw this on Monday, the audience was pretty much 50% kids 50% adults. The kids really seemed to enjoy it at the end but the adults were all pretty quiet when leaving. When Guardians ended, everyone was all talking about it.

that's because no ones ever heard of GotG

yeah lets compare the biggest movie of the summer to a kids movie in a completely different genre.

both are going to be successful, if you don't like it make your own movie.

There's a possibility the international version will differ. Besides the title officially sticking with Ninja Turtles, it sounds like Sacks might be kept as Shredder.

You can clearly hear Fitchner's voice as Shredder @ 1:03.

I like it.
It might not be as perfect as the original movie (the old ones),
but it's entertaining. The turtles looks very very real, the CGI is so very good. It looks more real than the CGI for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
And the thing that makes them more real is the characters. Mikey sounds so alive, it's like listening to your friend commenting on a 9gag thingy or stuffs.
It's very funny. The characters are there, even though Ralph is getting more gritty and Leo's kinda flat, character wise, but other than that it's awesome.

Maybe I kinda wish they cast someone else as April, perhaps a more believable actress to potray a reporter/journalist.
She just doesn't look witty and smart enough. And I think Splinter is not as "the wise comforting guru with inner peace" like his usual self here.

In my country, Fitchner is not the Shredder. So I'm glad for that.
And there's this dialogue that made me laugh:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Poking at themself, that's awesome.

I like it.
It might not be as perfect as the original movie (the old ones),
but it's entertaining. The turtles looks very very real, the CGI is so very good. It looks more real than the CGI for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
And the thing that makes them more real is the characters. Mikey sounds so alive, it's like listening to your friend commenting on a 9gag thingy or stuffs.
It's very funny
. The characters are there, even though Ralph is getting more gritty and Leo's kinda flat, character wise, but other than that it's awesome.

Maybe I kinda wish they cast someone else as April, perhaps a more believable actress to potray a reporter/journalist.
She just doesn't look witty and smart enough. And I think Splinter is not as "the wise comforting guru with inner peace" like his usual self here.

In my country, Fitchner is not the Shredder. So I'm glad for that.
And there's this dialogue that made me laugh:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Poking at themself, that's awesome.

Totally agree :hi5:

Turtle power mother*******!! :lol Holy ****! Michael Bay is unstoppable :lol Not even bad reviews can hurt him!!

https://variety.com/2014/biz/box-of...time-winner-with-high-20-millions-1201284003/

The terrapin power of Paramount’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” is expected to win the weekend box office for the second time in a row, besting Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” and newcomers “Let’s Be Cops” from Fox, Lionsgate’s “The Expendables 3” and Weinstein Co.’s “The Giver.”

The pizza-eating reptiles are estimated to top the box office with a gross in the mid-to-high $20 millions this weekend. Produced by Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes, the film was made for $125 million and thus far has grossed $117 worldwide.

Only three titles — Paramount’s “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” Fox’s “X-Men: Days of Future Past” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” — have managed to win two weekends so far this summer.

Fox’s “Let’s Be Cops,” the raunchy R-rated comedy starring Damon Wayans Jr., Jake Johnson and Nina Dobrev, has been performing solidly since its Wednesday debut, putting up $8.4 million through Thursday. It’s expected to gross roughly $16 million-$18 million in 3,094 locations through the weekend.

Although the star power of the action-heavy “The Expendables 3” outweighs “Let’s Be Cops” – the film features Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson – the drama is predicted to open at around the same numbers as the cop comedy. “Expendables” should pull in between $16 million and $17 million, including $875,000 from Thursday. The first two “Expendables” opened at $34.8 million and $28.6 million, so this would be the worst performance of the three by as much as $10 million.

The Weinstein Co.’s “The Giver,” starring Meryl Streep, Taylor Swift and Jeff Bridges and based on the well-known Lois Lowry book, could be effective counter-programming for young women against the action-heavy “Turtles” and “Expendables.” It’s also opening wide in 3,003 locations and is expected to bring in $13 million for the weekend.

The $25 million adaptation did impressive business Thursday, picking up $750,000 in preview screenings.

Expected to land in second place is “Guardians,” Marvel’s newest property that introduces a band of misfits tasked with saving the galaxy, budgeted at $170 million. Starring Zoe Saldana, Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel, the film has globally grossed $334 million to date, with an estimated $21 million expected this weekend.

I just saw the movie last night. I kinda liked it as well. It feels like I am watching a cartoon episode of TMNT on a weekend. Reminded me of my childhood because of the turtles' personalities. I didn't like Ralph's looks though. He is too massive compared to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watched this last week. to my mild surprise, this turned out better than expected although my expectations were pretty low to begin with. the story is on the level of the 80s cartoons (not a good thing), the human cast ranges from bland (william fichtner, will arnett) to awful (megan fox), and the climatic showdown ends on a flat note. but the turtles themselves are lovable, and to me that's what matters most. mikey had all the best lines, donny was endearingly nerdy, and raph was kinda badass. only leo was a bit unmemorable even though he was the leader. i did not really like their design, but this did not bother me as much as i thought it would during the movie. overall i found it passably fun to watch.

I just saw the movie last night. I kinda liked it as well. It feels like I am watching a cartoon episode of TMNT on a weekend. Reminded me of my childhood because of the turtles' personalities. I didn't like Ralph's looks though. He is too massive compared to the others.

I am not aaalllooonnneeeee...

:hi5:

watched this last week. to my mild surprise, this turned out better than expected although my expectations were pretty low to begin with. the story is on the level of the 80s cartoons (not a good thing), the human cast ranges from bland (william fichtner, will arnett) to awful (megan fox), and the climatic showdown ends on a flat note. but the turtles themselves are lovable, and to me that's what matters most. mikey had all the best lines, donny was endearingly nerdy, and raph was kinda badass. only leo was a bit unmemorable even though he was the leader. i did not really like their design, but this did not bother me as much as i thought it would during the movie. overall i found it passably fun to watch.

I think this is because their main target are kids. So they made the story very simple, almost all action and no heavy drama (thats why they cast Fox, no acting required). And I think their mission's accomplished.. kids love this movie!

Back