Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one! I think we got lucky, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's sold out over here now. I doubt we'll see that white suit one and he'll go for a fortune on eBay, particularly if we had to import him.

I'm so glad I had a retailer message me that they'd got him in or I would have missed out completely

Great review,

Of the many, you're one of the few that picked up on the spyglass being retractable. So many missed that. The only negative on mine was that the slip cover on the box was on really tight, I had to be SO careful with it so as not to tear it.

94E208B5-EC27-4107-99E6-895272703B4F.jpeg
What’s not to love??

Holy crap I missed that too! So cool.

Great review,

Of the many, you're one of the few that picked up on the spyglass being retractable. So many missed that. The only negative on mine was that the slip cover on the box was on really tight, I had to be SO careful with it so as not to tear it.

That is massive looking.

Yeah I was wondering how they'd pack it in a cylinder. It almost looks like they built the can big enough to just put a regular MDX box inside lol. I really like the weathering on it. Now I'll have to display it haha.

Great review,

I actually just tried it and I think the paint just gets stuck. But once you loosen it, it works great with a slight click to make it stay extended. Nicely done by Mezco for sure!

I've always collected 6th scale figures and never considered going down the Mezco road until I found this figure today; yep, I didn't know it was coming but it was a must-have even though I had to pay a bit more on the secondary market. I was thinking about doing the same for the white-suited version but think I actually like this one better. Not being familiar with Mezco, was wondering if they do PO on upcoming figures?

I've always collected 6th scale figures and never considered going down the Mezco road until I found this figure today; yep, I didn't know it was coming but it was a must-have even though I had to pay a bit more on the secondary market. I was thinking about doing the same for the white-suited version but think I actually like this one better. Not being familiar with Mezco, was wondering if they do PO on upcoming figures?

Quick refresher: there's regular releases, PX releases, MDX (Mezco Direct Exclusives), and Con exclusives, availability varies on those.

Regular and PX releases you shouldn't have any issue finding and are pretty well available on preorder, if you don't mind waiting you'll probably find a deal on those eventually after release too.

All the other exclusives are all over the place for value rarity. MDX exclusives are only through their web site and sell out in 30-60 minutes lately. You can now buy only 2 of each, you used to be able to buy up to 6 of each which was nuts.

Some Con exclusives, (SDCC/NYCC/Random CC) are available online too and are of similar sell out speeds. The SDCC releases had a large volume so they were easier to get overall.

There's some other Con releases, Toy Fair, although I guess that's not really a Con, for instance are super rare since they're just given to journalists and are like in the few hundreds or less in availability.

Dorklair maintains a checklist and unit counts when available of releases: https://www.retrozap.com/dorklair/#checklists

Bottom line: if it's an exclusive just buy it and don't think about it too long. Their web site can be hell to get through and check out when something popular goes up. Also they're exclusives almost always go up on Wednesdays at 1PM EST. Not every week of course but if it's a few weeks out from SDCC or NYCC I'd keep an eye out every week at those times. If I missed anything please let me know!

I actually just tried it and I think the paint just gets stuck. But once you loosen it, it works great with a slight click to make it stay extended. Nicely done by Mezco for sure!

That's good. I would imagine that, on some, the compass won't close flat either, it does on mine though. Again, the hinge may be gummed up with paint.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's sold out over here now.

I'm sad to confirm he is. I had a pre-order in with toysintheattic, but had a cancellation email at 11pm last night, their shipment of figures has gone missing in transit. As soon as I saw the mail I didn't a frantic search for UK sellers, nothing in stock anywhere.
I'm absolutely fuming, I had a chance of one at retail price last week, but stuck with my pre-order. Looks like no Popeye for me... [emoji35]

I'm sad to confirm he is. I had a pre-order in with toysintheattic, but had a cancellation email at 11pm last night, their shipment of figures has gone missing in transit. As soon as I saw the mail I didn't a frantic search for UK sellers, nothing in stock anywhere.
I'm absolutely fuming, I had a chance of one at retail price last week, but stuck with my pre-order. Looks like no Popeye for me... [emoji35]

Aw, man. That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Back