Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t get enough of this figure, he’s my first Mezco 1:12 too, and it’s made me badly want the homemade Spidey figure but way too late on that one!!
012A1E74-F487-4388-AE40-D643A5CC8971.jpeg

They are getting carried away with the packaging. Appreciate the effort, but this is too much.

Aw, man. That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear that.
Thanks for the kind words. The original supplier did say they would continue to chase the shipment and let me know if something turned up, but the fact they cancelled the order without discussion suggests that's highly unlikely. I guess this could happen to any UK supplier but I won't risk using them for pre-orders in the future...

That's a shame. It's odd how some just fly out and others just sit there. No accounting for taste I guess. You just have to jump on them the moment they come in. I had a Michael Myers on order with one seller, but they refunded me as they didn't get enough to fulfill orders. Jumped on another quick and just got one in time.

You just have to keep your finger on the trigger and keep checking listings

Thanks for the kind words. The original supplier did say they would continue to chase the shipment and let me know if something turned up, but the fact they cancelled the order without discussion suggests that's highly unlikely. I guess this could happen to any UK supplier but I won't risk using them for pre-orders in the future...

Give Comics&cocktails or KapowToys a go in the UK, I’ve used Comics&cocktails a lot since August and they have never let me down, unfortunately though Popeye is now out of stock on both.

Quick refresher: there's regular releases, PX releases, MDX (Mezco Direct Exclusives), and Con exclusives, availability varies on those.

Regular and PX releases you shouldn't have any issue finding and are pretty well available on preorder, if you don't mind waiting you'll probably find a deal on those eventually after release too.

All the other exclusives are all over the place for value rarity. MDX exclusives are only through their web site and sell out in 30-60 minutes lately. You can now buy only 2 of each, you used to be able to buy up to 6 of each which was nuts.

Some Con exclusives, (SDCC/NYCC/Random CC) are available online too and are of similar sell out speeds. The SDCC releases had a large volume so they were easier to get overall.

There's some other Con releases, Toy Fair, although I guess that's not really a Con, for instance are super rare since they're just given to journalists and are like in the few hundreds or less in availability.

Dorklair maintains a checklist and unit counts when available of releases: https://www.retrozap.com/dorklair/#checklists

Bottom line: if it's an exclusive just buy it and don't think about it too long. Their web site can be hell to get through and check out when something popular goes up. Also they're exclusives almost always go up on Wednesdays at 1PM EST. Not every week of course but if it's a few weeks out from SDCC or NYCC I'd keep an eye out every week at those times. If I missed anything please let me know!

Many thanks for the information, is there a good way of keeping track what is coming or do figures pop up for sale out of know where?

Many thanks for the information, is there a good way of keeping track what is coming or do figures pop up for sale out of know where?

Generally the exclusives pop out of nowhere except for the few weeks leading up to the big Cons. Like I said they almost always put them up at 1PM EST on a Wednesday. They send out an email at that time, but if you're not monitoring it you can miss it. Like the exclusive Sailor Popeye went up early December on a random Wednesday, not around a Con or anything special. They had put up a preorder time for the recent MDX Batman, but that was pretty unusual. 2 days after that they put up the Vigilante Daredevil unannounced.

They made over 7,000 of the regular Popeyes and I really can't see them being totally sold out. My friend was saying Diamond may not have distributed theirs yet. I know more people bought him who weren't planning to but I really don't think the regular will be hard to find in a month or two. Might cost some to ship to the UK but I don't think it'll be crazy.

Give Comics&cocktails or KapowToys a go in the UK, I’ve used Comics&cocktails a lot since August and they have never let me down, unfortunately though Popeye is now out of stock on both.
Thanks for the tip - I've used Kapow a few times but haven't heard of Comics&cocktails before, I'll check them out.

They made over 7,000 of the regular Popeyes and I really can't see them being totally sold out. My friend was saying Diamond may not have distributed theirs yet. I know more people bought him who weren't planning to but I really don't think the regular will be hard to find in a month or two. Might cost some to ship to the UK but I don't think it'll be crazy.

OK thanks - I'll not abandon all hope just yet, but unfortunately I think this figure is probably in scalper territory now...

I had Dandy Island notify me on FB when he went live on their site, and that was on the day he hit stores. As I said previously, he was in stock when I added him to my cart, but went out of stock before I could confirm and pay! I jumped on eBay the moment that happened and snagged the first one I saw.

I did note that, in the second video, it was mentioned that Tony Mei was doing a white sailor suit for him. Probably pricey, but, it's an option.

I think the classic suit pops more because of the colors, but the white suit looks nice. Maybe I'll get it...or just the white suit. I still think mezco will release a black and white version tho. Might wait for that version instead.

The only thing I don’t like about the exclusive is with the shirt and trousers being such a clean white the two sailor hats need to match, they look too dirty. I’d have to paint them.

Nice touch making the case a can of Spinach for the exc. :hi5:

I swear..IM, Spidey HC HMS and Popeye

Mezco has really stepped up their game to HT quality :clap

Back