Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Spider-man from my pile of loot at BBTS. I am happy with him but I kinda prefer my SH Figuarts Homecoming Spidy just because of the articulation. I can get crazier poses with him than the Mezco and it is not the suit hampering him. The only other issue I have is the soles of the feet. I like how they look but coupled with the limited ankle articulation and the roundedness of the soles, he has trouble standing on his own.
The figure looks great. 20180319_132401-1.jpg
2018-03-19 14.51.39.jpg

Never been a big fan of Iron Man, especially those types of armor designs, so I'll likely be passing on any IM figures Mezco puts out. The only suit design I've ever really taken a liking to was the original Ultimates one, with either Mark Millar (writer) or Bryan Hitch (artist) in the notes for Ultimate IM's design saying something along the lines of, "He's practically wearing a fighter jet, so that's what it should look like."

Plus I've been trying to stick to 'themes' so as to not end up buying every figure just own them. For DC I'm attempting to adhere to only Batman and Superman related characters, for Marvel it's currently street level characters and X-Men. Mezco might be able to tempt me with cosmic Marvel characters (particularly the characters who played major roles in the Annihilation sagas).

Wolverine is my favorite hero but even I was disappointed with Mezcos take on brown suit Wolverine. The yellow is too bright,the shoulder pads, the military boots, pouches and his botched shorts make the figure look very unappealing and ugly. I wish they had gone with how tony mei did the suit but with a darker yellow. The only Mezco figures so far that stand out from the rest and are a must have imo are the Punisher and Deathstroke figures (hot toys standard), the rest are okay but have too many design flaws.I'm exited for Old man Logan but I hope they redo the brown suit Wolverine in the future.

26196083_10159740536740035_8120151723876725874_n.jpg26196083_10159740536740035_8120151723876725874_n.jpg

I caved and paid $130 for PX Deathstroke. Got $13 back in store credit though. Bumps me up to $90, which I can use on whatever is coming out in April.

Wolverine is my favorite hero but even I was disappointed with Mezcos take on brown suit Wolverine. The yellow is too bright,the shoulder pads, the military boots, pouches and his botched shorts make the figure look very unappealing and ugly. I wish they had gone with how tony mei did the suit but with a darker yellow. The only Mezco figures so far that stand out from the rest and are a must have imo are the Punisher and Deathstroke figures (hot toys standard), the rest are okay but have too many design flaws.I'm exited for Old man Logan but I hope they redo the brown suit Wolverine in the future.

View attachment 401526View attachment 401526

I wonder why companies like Mezco and SSC(1/6 figure) don't just stick to the original costume design. On top of what you mentioned the pics I've seen of Mezco's have a gnarly giant looking seam down the back.

Back