Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots. I really like the unmasked head and rocket launcher. Like Zurdo said, a half eaten chimichanga or something would've made it perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish these guys would get their crap together and release that Old Man Logan and Wonder Woman already. As well as open up the preorders for the stuff they showed off at TF.

Random question:

Has anyone here grabbed a Mezco “For the Loveof Toys” mystery box? I’m trying to gauge the chances of getting a One:12 figure in the box.

So apparently on Monday at 3 pm EST they opened up orders for the nightmare Batman for 20 min, then sold out. I’m a little upset that Mezco’s email alert system didn’t alert me. There goes my last shot of ever getting this figure for a reasonable (normal) price. I’ve also been checking it religiously for the past few days on mezcotoyz.com and BBTS and nothing, except not 30 min ago BBTS raised their “sold out preorder” listing from $109.99 to $189.99. It seems to me that they got the scoop and were able to order a couple from Mezco and they’re going to gouge the price themselves. Go figure.

So apparently on Monday at 3 pm EST they opened up orders for the nightmare Batman for 20 min, then sold out. I’m a little upset that Mezco’s email alert system didn’t alert me. There goes my last shot of ever getting this figure for a reasonable (normal) price. I’ve also been checking it religiously for the past few days on mezcotoyz.com and BBTS and nothing, except not 30 min ago BBTS raised their “sold out preorder” listing from $109.99 to $189.99. It seems to me that they got the scoop and were able to order a couple from Mezco and they’re going to gouge the price themselves. Go figure.

On the one had that sucks. On the other hand why is this in the Marvel thread???

Why didn't those figures go to people who were already on the wait list?

From what I gathered they sent a heads up to people whose cards where declined on their original order that they were putting them up on the site.

ETA someone posted a pic of the email somewhere but I don’t remember where.

From what I gathered they sent a heads up to people whose cards where declined on their original order that they were putting them up on the site.

ETA someone posted a pic of the email somewhere but I don’t remember where.

My understanding is that there was never a waitlist on Mezco's site for this item. They supposedly cancelled it altogether because they thought the BvS movie bombed, and then after an uproar (through I don't know what outlet) decided to produce it in a very limited fashion.

There is a huge problem with the way Mezco communicates with its fans. Don't get me wrong I love Mezco, but they use the "blog" which is connected to their site in a very one way fashion. It's them speaking to the consumer and the only method for consumer feedback is emailing their customer support. At least that's how it is on the surface. They don't have any sort of forum or message board on their site, or a way to leave customer feedback other than reviews on their products. The only feedback that they receive is through consumers who have obtained a media pass to their booths at trade shows.

Now, I may be speaking out of hand since I have never obtained one of these media passes myself, but I see no other way to reach out to them. They're a very closed and exclusive entity in my eyes. That's fine if they want to do business that way, but I would think that they should take some form of feedback from another outlet.

Take their latest "Ascending Knight Batman - Black Variant" that was a NYC TF exclusive item as an example (and I'm sorry to anyone that feels this doesn't belong on the Marvel thread), but, the only way that anyone could score that item was if they signed up and received a media pass to explore the booth, or off of their social media contests. They were then given a goody bag at the even that included the item in it. That's why after NYC TF you saw the item selling for hundreds on Ebay after the event, because only media members received it.

This of course is nothing new, I know.

Basically this company does what they want. If they don't see any benefit in producing a figure they won't do it. Suicide Squad is another example. They aren't doing anything else related to that movie because it blows and so did their Harley Quinn.

My understanding is that there was never a waitlist on Mezco's site for this item. They supposedly cancelled it altogether because they thought the BvS movie bombed, and then after an uproar (through I don't know what outlet) decided to produce it in a very limited fashion.

There was a waitlist for that figure, put up after they listed those few figures that afternoon. The wait list also filled up and reverted to “sold out “ pretty quick.

That's crazy. Unparalleled Universe talked about it a little in his review. I'm not going to link it because I don't want questions about it's relevance to the thread, but he says it was originally cancelled. My rant still applies though. lol

for the price that the knightmare bat is going for I might as well fork a little more for the hot toys

I have 2 rules in this hobby:

1. Never pay HT money for a 1/12 figure
2. Never pay double what the figure is worth.

That's crazy. Unparalleled Universe talked about it a little in his review. I'm not going to link it because I don't want questions about it's relevance to the thread, but he says it was originally cancelled. My rant still applies though. lol

Yeah it was shown, cancelled, brought back and put up for preorder, sold out, a few put up for order after they were shipped, sold out again, and finally waitlisted and sold out. It’s pretty confusing :) I think this is semi relevant since it could happen again with any figure.

Back