Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any qualified painter will tell you how much harder it is to paint a 1/12 HS realistically. I think so far, the best way to do it is the way FiguArts is doing it with their 3D printing technology. But as far as paint, you can't expect the 1/6 paint level of detail on a 1/12 HS.

I'll tell you that over a year ago, I preferred collecting Hot Toys over Mezco. But one of the things that made me shift was the BvS Batman figure. I owned the Hot Toys figure (in fact I owned all three versions, Knightmare, Regular and Armored) and the Mezco one. And after a while, I found myself posing the Mezco figure much more. Just because you can do so much with this figure. With the Hot Toys release, you can barely pose him. Of course the Hot Toys figure looks nicer overall, but the Mezco figure is much more fun to fool around with, and it still looks awesome.

And I guess it's also a preference of scale. I prefer smaller figures. Maybe because I grew up playing with smaller figures. I never really felt a connection with the scale of Hot Toys figures. It's just too big for my taste. It's beautiful to look at, but in the end, I never repose them. I only look at them here and now.

Also, in my display, I end up looking more at my Mezco than I look at my Hot Toys figures. There is a sense of coherence with the Mezco line that just isn't there with Hot Toys. With Hot Toys, you really look at each figure separately. With Mezco, you look at the whole collection, that's a big difference.

Of course it's a very personal approach. I have a lot of respect for Hot Toys, those are the best looking figures out there for sure. I hope they diversify at some point and offer a 1/12 scale line.

Any qualified painter will tell you how much harder it is to paint a 1/12 HS realistically. I think so far, the best way to do it is the way FiguArts is doing it with their 3D printing technology. But as far as paint, you can't expect the 1/6 paint level of detail on a 1/12 HS.

I'll tell you that over a year ago, I preferred collecting Hot Toys over Mezco. But one of the things that made me shift was the BvS Batman figure. I owned the Hot Toys figure (in fact I owned all three versions, Knightmare, Regular and Armored) and the Mezco one. And after a while, I found myself posing the Mezco figure much more. Just because you can do so much with this figure. With the Hot Toys release, you can barely pose him. Of course the Hot Toys figure looks nicer overall, but the Mezco figure is much more fun to fool around with, and it still looks awesome.

And I guess it's also a preference of scale. I prefer smaller figures. Maybe because I grew up playing with smaller figures. I never really felt a connection with the scale of Hot Toys figures. It's just too big for my taste. It's beautiful to look at, but in the end, I never repose them. I only look at them here and now.

Also, in my display, I end up looking more at my Mezco than I look at my Hot Toys figures. There is a sense of coherence with the Mezco line that just isn't there with Hot Toys. With Hot Toys, you really look at each figure separately. With Mezco, you look at the whole collection, that's a big difference.

Of course it's a very personal approach. I have a lot of respect for Hot Toys, those are the best looking figures out there for sure. I hope they diversify at some point and offer a 1/12 scale line.

Spot on man

This is why I used to love Play Arts. Not to big and not to small, the perfect scale imo. What a shame they went to crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I used to love Play Arts until they went with the crazy hyper stylization of all their properties. Starting to feel the same about Mezco, I love the figures I have but they seem to be moving away from more comic accuracy and more towards their crazy Mezco lines everywhere designs. I'm not a fan personally, but there is room for both I just hope they do some more comic style costumes soon.

I have loved every single thing Mezco has produced... on the Marvel side just to clarify. I'm not too fond of their numerous Batmans, although the BvS version is astounding.

For those who got the spider-man figure from bbts, did he have plastic wrap in multiple places? Mine had a plastic sleeve on the outside which was kind of damaged and then a piece of plastic wrap between the carboard sleeve and the inner box. Is this bbts’ packing or mezco’s?

For those who got the spider-man figure from bbts, did he have plastic wrap in multiple places? Mine had a plastic sleeve on the outside which was kind of damaged and then a piece of plastic wrap between the carboard sleeve and the inner box. Is this bbts’ packing or mezco’s?

Mine came like that also. I've had other mezco figures that were packaged like this also, so it's mezco's packaging. There was also plastic in front of and in back of the figure and a square plastic piece around his neck.

Mine came like that also. I've had other mezco figures that were packaged like this also, so it's mezco's packaging. There was also plastic in front of and in back of the figure and a square plastic piece around his neck.

OK, cool. Just thought it was strange because none of the unboxing videos has them except for the plastic square piece on the neck you mentioned. And the outer plastic sleeve was pretty damaged also. So, I thought this was a BBTS thing to protect the cardboard or something

Mine came like that too. Mezco needs to ease up with the plastic.

And I really miss the flap boxes with the artwork inside.

A flap box would've been nice compared to the sleeve. Not a huge fan of sleeves on collectors level figures

Agreed, I used to love Play Arts until they went with the crazy hyper stylization of all their properties. Starting to feel the same about Mezco, I love the figures I have but they seem to be moving away from more comic accuracy and more towards their crazy Mezco lines everywhere designs. I'm not a fan personally, but there is room for both I just hope they do some more comic style costumes soon.

Play Arts went a little too nuts, but their main issue is the quality decreasing and price rising.. Not to mention that indeed their redesigns are ugly and scale is inconsistent.

Mezcos resigns are cool and we will still get the classic looks. I think it's more fun to do original stuff.

Their face sculpts are very hit or miss however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my brown & yellow Wolverine today. I've always preferred the brown costume for Logan but I'll admit that the yellow and blue figure did look better but I wasn't much into Mezco back when they put it up for pre-order.

Anyway, as for this figure itself it's alright. I had been going back and forth on whether or not to get this but with the reveal of Cyclops and Cable it's become obvious that Mezco is interested in doing an X-Men line so I finally pulled the trigger.

In general I like it more than I thought I would after having seen photos of it. The angry head sculpt is great, though while the other head is technically good (i.e. the paint, sculpting, and the like) the 'museum' neutral face doesn't really work for Wolverine. I really don't understand why they didn't give us the unmasked head instead.

The costume is... not bad. The yellow part I think should've been more of a light tan color but it doesn't really bother me. The shoulder pads don't look quite as out of place as they did in the pictures for me. Going with a more accurate super short sleeves would have limited his arm movement for what I'd consider to be very little gain. I like both the boots and the gloves (though the little pouches on the gloves seem pointless -- what's he going to hold in those things, a tiny fun-size box of tic tacs? They seem to be a prime example of adding extra details just to add extra details).

The belt looks good too, though I wish they would've added a 'X' inside the red buckle. Finally, there's those shorts. I still think they're a tad too long. I think if they would have cut out the black bottoms to them they would have been good. I wonder if getting rid of them entirely would have looked weird since he'd then just be wearing yellow pants.

As for the accessories, well I've already said the second head sculpt is kinda worthless to me. I also don't really care much about the katana or its sheath. The only other thing worth mentioning is the claws -- I *really* wish these were metal. Not only would they look a lot cooler but they'd likely have less of a chance to snap or wrap. I probably would've preferred a duplicate pair of the clawed hands instead of the katana just for in case something happens.

Overall it ties with Superman as my least favorite Mezco figure I own. I can see the good intentions in both of their renditions but the execution falls a bit flat and there's a lot of places they could be improved on. I don't regret buying him but like with Superman I'd sell him in a heartbeat if Mezco announced they were doing an updated version.

I have Spider-Man coming soon; I'll probably post my thoughts on him once he arrives. I'm a gigantic Spider-Man fan, so I'll probably be really nit-picky with that figure.

(Oh, and has anyone tried removing Wolverine's shoulder pads? I'm wondering how it'd look and if it would damage the figure at all.)

If I’m not mistaken removing the shoulder pads reveals a pretty hideous articulated ball joint on a hinge. I fully agree with you about the head sculpt. Would’ve preferred an unmasked head with a draped mask over his back or something. I still love this figure though.

If I’m not mistaken removing the shoulder pads reveals a pretty hideous articulated ball joint on a hinge. I fully agree with you about the head sculpt. Would’ve preferred an unmasked head with a draped mask over his back or something. I still love this figure though.

IMO Mezco's last unmasked head was one of the worst I've seen.

Attachments

• 3915.jpg
    3915.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 196
  • One-12-Collective-Tigerstripe-Wolverine11__scaled_600.jpg
    One-12-Collective-Tigerstripe-Wolverine11__scaled_600.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 196
Yeah, I can't say I love how that unmasked head looks but I would've definitely gotten more mileage out of that one then the blank faced alternate head that comes with the brown & yellow Wolverine. Speaking of unmasked head portraits, it looks like Mezco is starting a worrying trend of not including one. Only one out of the four Spider-Mans will include one and very few of the figures they showed off at ToyFair that have any sort of mask look to include an unmasked head (Sovereign Knight, both Daredevils, Cyclops, Batman Beyond).

Nice pic! Lookin' goood, comes with awesome accessories as well lol I would've thought he'd come with a food accessory with that half-masked head.

Can anyone tell me what’s a good figure sized acrylic type display case? I’m looking to display my Mezco and Figuarts figures in my home office and would like to keep them dust free. Thanks

Back