Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! It makes no sense to put Venom in this *mixed media* super expensive line. People have already been complaining about Iron Man..but at least they are using mixed material (die cast parts). But Venom would be an all plastic figure no matter what....and the Marvel Select Venom IS the definitive Venom. The guy's my #1 comic character and Select made the perfect Venom. You can create many completely different looks. I'm partial to the original Venom myself as well. I'd love to see a classic and Jim Lee Sabretooth announced soon. We need some Victors to go with our Logans.

I have two custom Venoms one in scale with Marvel Legends, the other Marvel Select. I was just hoping Mezco will consider taking a stab at V.

Oh well....:dunno

SoB I didn't know the Punisher you got for $100 was the classic one.

Daaaaamn what a jackpot.

Yes I was very luck on that one : p

Here is the almost finished Big Boss IMG_2815.jpg

I'll get him his iconic Patriot gun, and maybe a 1/12 walkman. Quite happy with this Gambit coat from Marvel Legends. Not on par with Mezco material and not accurate to Big Boss' actual coat in MGS4 but still quite okay and fits the Red Skull body perfectly!

No Knockoffs yet, apparently Mezco switched factories because of all the bootlegs, and that was the reason for all the delays.

And you should be fine, Deadpool has been a little under retail for a while now.

The KO's aren't released at the same time though, are they? I was very surprised to see KO's from Green Arrow, Flash and others two months ago.

And the figures are still not released exactly on time.

Very happy with my Big Boss, not quite finished but the most important point: it blends in nicely with the other official Mezcos, which was the most important point for me.

IMG_2816.jpg

Oh man, it's coming along great, do you intend to make other characters?

I've been considering for a while making a Cybog Ninja with a 1:12th synthetic human.

Amazing idea Gaspar, I hadn't thunk of that. The customization on a synthetic human 1/12 would be quite doable, you really just have to get the colors right and a proper blade.
I've actually customized a Gray Fox Play Arts Kai in the past, to get a red LED inside the head. It was kind of tricky to do but the result was great. But to find the right battery and fit it in such a small head must be harder.

As for other characters, the next one will be Big Boss from Metal Gear 2 (all green outfit and red beret). For others... I'd like to do Raiden, Solid Snake, Naked Snake with zombie camo, but the problem is I really want to have them look like Mezco One:12. Which is very tricky to do. Especially with females since as of now the female body by mezco sucks so I'll wait till I find better bodies. And all the gears and outfit they have is insane to reproduce Mezco style without have them look ridiculous. I know ThreeA released a lot of army-related stuff but I've looked at most releases and can't quite find what I'm looking for.

Horrible day. As I was placing my tiger stripe Wolverine in my detolf, my punisher took a nose dive. His bullet firing effect thing broke and the insert part got jammed into the pistol with no way to get it out. And no loose pistol and the firing effect on ebay too. This ruined my day :monkey2:banghead

Horrible day. As I was placing my tiger stripe Wolverine in my detolf, my punisher took a nose dive. His bullet firing effect thing broke and the insert part got jammed into the pistol with no way to get it out. And no loose pistol and the firing effect on ebay too. This ruined my day :monkey2:banghead

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry. I wish they had included one with DP. Such a cool accessory. Maybe heating up a needle to get the little piece of plastic out of the pistol will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear playboy409, maybe you could get a MezKO Punisher for the gun and firing effect replacement? And you'd get a full body to customize that way for a fair price.

As for me, I almost finished my Big Boss custom.
IMG_2824.jpg
IMG_2823.jpg

I found The Boss Medicom figure for a bargain, below $20, crazy.. I guess nobody cares about those figures anymore but there was a time I just couldn't buy them, they are cheap figures overall but some sold for over $100 on ebay... Still, it's expensive for the little use I made of this figure. I just bought it so I could get Big Boss hold his iconic Patriot Gun from the MGS4 ending. I also used his iconic signature knife (again taken from the Medicom Boss figure, was very hard to pull off though, careful if you try it, it's very fragile).

I'm extremely happy with the result, I really was afraid some things wouldn't fit with the scale or take away the "Mezco One:12" aspect (like the ML Gambit coat, I really wasn't sure about that), but I have to say, having this figure next to my other figures, it looks like it really belongs in there. It looks like a modern take on Big Boss in 1/12 scale, mezco-style. But I'm beginning to understand how hard it is for them to design figures, you really have to be careful with the scale, proportions, details...

I'm still waiting for the 1/12 MGS decals I ordered on ebay, I will use them on the coat as soon as I get them.
I also bought a Kaiyodo Venom Snake just for the sake of the walkman and Venom arms. I found it for $65, though I'm unsure whether it will be the official one or the knockoff. I may chop off Big Boss left arm but I will have to see if the scale fits perfectly. The very cool thing about the Kaiyodo figure is that you can swap the red and silver arms.

Also for the record, I sent a picture to Pierre from Mezco and asked him if they would consider making MGS figures : p Sadly they don't have access to the licence for now but he loves the franchise. I hope they do MGS figures at some point. They would blow away this custom easily and I would buy that day one.

Overall I'm happy I went this far with the custom experience, that's the first time I use so many stuff from different figures just for one figure alone. But as you may imagine, it's very expensive.

Here is the list of what I used so far:
-1 Skull Face (Modern) Mezco One:12 body
-1 Deathstroke Mezco One:12 headsculpt
-1 belt with pouches from a ThreeA figure
-1 cigar from Cobra Figma figure
-1 coat from Marvel Legend Gambit figure
-1 Patriot gun & Signature Knife from Medicom The Boss figure

And I will add:
-1/12 decals
-Walkman and bionic arm from Kaiyodo Venom Snake figure

So yeah, I guess this makes it a $250-$300 custom, if not more. I understand why some customizers sell their customs for such a high price now. I'm unsure when I'll do the next one, I sacrificed a lot of figures and accessories just for one figure : p

Playboy- sorry to hear your misfortune. As fate would have it, I’m in the market for a MezKO Punisher. I don’t need the parts you seek...perhaps we can go in on it? I was thinking about parting it out on EBay anyway.

On another note...let’s start speculating on the 2018 releases.
B040AC7C-2B66-44A1-93FA-E26D47F0433A.jpg

I’ll start...serious W.A.G...Batman!!!!

On another note...let’s start speculating on the 2018 releases. [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
388793[/ATTACH]

netflix punisher on the left of batman. could be luke cage on far left also?

Back