Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shot!!!

Pre order starts Monday, blah what a wasted space might as well just get a marvel legend and save $60 2018-01-06-19-15-34-1603311479.jpg

The whole gimmick with this line is the the clothes, so it's weird that they're making an Iron Man. I'll get it, cause I'm a sucker for this line, but it's definitely a wasted pick. So many other cool prototypes I'd rather have.

Give me the damn Popeye already!!

Pre order starts Monday, blah what a wasted space might as well just get a marvel legend and save $60 View attachment 385928

Iron Man is an important character, so he had to be done eventually. Just because his outfit doesn't have cloth doesn't mean he is just an overpriced Marvel Legend. Nobody would say a HT Iron Man is just an overpriced version of the 12" Hasbro Marvel Legend Iron Man. Other than the inevitable PX exclusive blue stealth repaint, the body sculpt will be a one-off and that costs money they can't recoup with other figures.

Similarly, the Thor 3 Hulk body has to be used again shortly for a comic Hulk to recoup its costs. Toy companies these days are all about body reuse whenever possible. The less R&D costs, the less they can sell a figure for (or just profit more on I guess).

Iron Man is an important character, so he had to be done eventually. Just because his outfit doesn't have cloth doesn't mean he is just an overpriced Marvel Legend. Nobody would say a HT Iron Man is just an overpriced version of the 12" Hasbro Marvel Legend Iron Man. Other than the inevitable PX exclusive blue stealth repaint, the body sculpt will be a one-off and that costs money they can't recoup with other figures.

Similarly, the Thor 3 Hulk body has to be used again shortly for a comic Hulk to recoup its costs. Toy companies these days are all about body reuse whenever possible. The less R&D costs, the less they can sell a figure for (or just profit more on I guess).

Seems logical--just add a Red hulk in there as well--something Figma missed out on, at lest for now.

Isn't Doom currently using the same IM armor in the comics? I'm surpised they didn't go with that design to release both figures. Not that I'd want that version of Doom over the classic, but it would have been a reasonable exclusive imo.

Well, one things for sure, there isn’t a good Marvel Legends figure of this Iron Man suit. In fact, most of the ML Iron Man figures have been underscaled or just poorly executed. Hopefully, this will serve as the quintessential version until Hasbro decides to do it right.

Yeah, although I'd rather have a figuarts or sentinel Iron Man than this Mezco.

But I'm afraid as the "classic" design goes, it's the best option.

they should have done the clunky first appearance ver of armor and tried to make it so the buck would fit inside of that. im fine with the legends classic IM. taking that design and fairing it to the point its lookin modern seems abit... silly.

When does this iron man go up for pre order? And where the heck is Spider-Man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you guys typically PO from? I've only been buying HTs from SS/BBTS. I see BBTS has mezco figures but is that the place to order from? Or Mezco directly? Do I need to be ready to put in my PO as soon as it goes up? Or do I have some leeway?

I love the HT figures but sometimes have the urge to own something a little more "playable" without the stress of damaging a $300+ figure.

Thanks for any advice!

The thing with Iron Man, is that it just looks like a really nicely done Marvel Legends figure. At that price I would expect much more. I think most people who like this line see it as a mini-Hot Toys line. This figure could in no way be described as a mini-Hot Toys.

Oh no Marvel Legends is really the lowest level of quality. This Iron Man by Mezco looks miles better than anything Marvel Legends releases.

I do wonder if it's diecast or entirely plastic though. It makes sense that they do an Iron Man figure, and it makes sense that this one doesn't have cloth material, but I hope the armor is made of metal and not plastic. At least part of his armor.

I believe his arc-reactor is going to light up, I remember hearing in an interview that was the plan.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but so far, no Iron Man from Figuarts has the light-up feature, right? I believe only Revoltech Iron Man do that so far, in this scale, but I may be wrong.

I dig this design and I hope it does light up. Some Hot Toys don't have cloth material so it's only logical that on particular occasions, some One:12 figures don't have cloth material. And it's also the only way of having an Iron Man in the Mezco scale. Figuarts are smaller than Mezco figures even if both are supposed to be 1/12 scale.
Can't wait for the pro-shot pictures.

The Ironman figure looks good in all but as 1:12 Ironman figure goes, Comicave is the best. They nailed it with the few figures they have done so far. They are 75% Diecast and his eyes and arc reactor light up. Unfortunately as a company, they are unreliable and haven't released anything decent in a while.

Back