Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Mezco has the right idea! ie offering a variety so collectors can achieve the look they want! Nice to see the different styles like trench coat, Thunderbolts, and the classic! These figures will be awesome if they turn out right!.

I got SS Deadpool, but I really should just switch over to these. Three of these is far better than one of those.

It is a little crazy, but they come with a lot of stuff. I haven't really looked at Cap, but DD has three headsculpts plus weapons, wired and non-wired clubs, etc, and a lot of hands. Definitely more than TDKR Batman.

No it's not, it's about the same TDKR came with, minus one head. But then again, the Mezco ST came with less and it's more expensive, Shazam too and it's even more expensive than that. These come with around the same and they're $15 more expensive :slap

Even the BvS figures are cheaper, how? It's getting out of hand. And I was one of the few people defending the $65 price point on Batman when everybody was saying it should've been around $45.

Punisher(s) look even better now. Getting both as soon as pre-order goes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it's not, it's about the same TDKR came with, minus one head. But then again, the Mezco ST came with less and it's more expensive, Shazam too and it's even more expensive than that. These come with around the same and they're $15 more expensive :slap

Even the BvS figures are cheaper, how? It's getting out of hand. And I was one of the few people defending the $65 price point on Batman when everybody was saying it should've been around $45.

I hate to say it given how much praise I heaped on the Batman figure, but I kind of agree with this. $65 was just about the right price point where I'd buy these figures without thinking twice, but now these are edging into $80+ territory I look at them and imagine a couple more SH Figuarts Star Wars figures, three more Medicos SAS figures, more SIC figures or even a third of a good Hot Toys figure in their place.

Probably still down for classic Punisher and two versions of Daredevil, plus Spock, but anything beyond that I'm going to have to consider long and hard before purchasing.

Also it doesn't help that these figures are a nightmare to get hold of in the UK. The handful of places that stock them charge outrageous prices, Dredd was about £60 and the new figures are being solicited at £75-90.

I hate to say it given how much praise I heaped on the Batman figure, but I kind of agree with this. $65 was just about the right price point where I'd buy these figures without thinking twice, but now these are edging into $80+ territory I look at them and imagine a couple more SH Figuarts Star Wars figures, three more Medicos SAS figures, more SIC figures or even a third of a good Hot Toys figure in their place.

Probably still down for classic Punisher and two versions of Daredevil, plus Spock, but anything beyond that I'm going to have to consider long and hard before purchasing.

Also it doesn't help that these figures are a nightmare to get hold of in the UK. The handful of places that stock them charge outrageous prices, Dredd was about £60 and the new figures are being solicited at £75-90.

I hope they stop at $80. I'm still game, loved the line so much that it will probably become my main focus. I am not a completist, but I intend to buy several of them.

But if they keep pushing the price up, I will have to rethink this.

$65-TDKR Batman(2 headsculpts)/Mutant Leader(3 headsculpts, little clothes/tailoring)/Dredd(1 headsculpt)
$70-Star Trek
$75-DC/BvS
$80-Marvel

I wouldn't say that the prices keep going up. It seems to me that different licenses have different price points as well as having more sculpts etc...
Also, it could be that the initial price point was a stab in the dark on the 1st three figures. Just my own personal guess, but it seems that maybe $70 is a 'base price' and goes up from there according to what's included and the license cost. We'll see. At $65 each I would have pretty much been a completist, but at these prices I'll get most characters with a few variants for certain ones. If/when they get to charging $100 or more per figure, that's when I'll get a lot more selective. The line is still new and I'm going to give them a chance to figure things out. My biggest fear isn't the price point, it's not knowing if they are going to 'complete a line'. The whole Star Trek cast should be done and at least Supes/Joker from TDKR. Universal Monsters will be cool, but only if they do all the original ones. Mostly I'm just going to enjoy the ride and be patient over the next couple of years and see how it pans out. Still digging everything they are showing so far and looking forward to SDCC

Stab in the dark? More like underestimated how fast they sold out and what they went for after market. I'm stalling at $80...

$65-TDKR Batman(2 headsculpts)/Mutant Leader(3 headsculpts, little clothes/tailoring)/Dredd(1 headsculpt)
$70-Star Trek
$75-DC/BvS
$80-Marvel

I wouldn't say that the prices keep going up. It seems to me that different licenses have different price points as well as having more sculpts etc...
Also, it could be that the initial price point was a stab in the dark on the 1st three figures. Just my own personal guess, but it seems that maybe $70 is a 'base price' and goes up from there according to what's included and the license cost. We'll see. At $65 each I would have pretty much been a completist, but at these prices I'll get most characters with a few variants for certain ones. If/when they get to charging $100 or more per figure, that's when I'll get a lot more selective. The line is still new and I'm going to give them a chance to figure things out. My biggest fear isn't the price point, it's not knowing if they are going to 'complete a line'. The whole Star Trek cast should be done and at least Supes/Joker from TDKR. Universal Monsters will be cool, but only if they do all the original ones. Mostly I'm just going to enjoy the ride and be patient over the next couple of years and see how it pans out. Still digging everything they are showing so far and looking forward to SDCC

Price increase over time seems to be a trend with a lot of toy/figure companies one of the major ones I've noticed is the Play Arts Kai line a few years ago i rarely saw one top 75-80 now at my local CBS they all seem to be priced around 120 which seems like a lot considering they come without about the same amount of accessories as they ever have. That being said the couple Mezco figures I have so far feel like a good value and the marvel line seems to come with plenty to merit 80 IMO but if the price continues to increase they may end up edging collectors out in favor of more 1/6th scale figures

Price increase over time seems to be a trend with a lot of toy/figure companies one of the major ones I've noticed is the Play Arts Kai line a few years ago i rarely saw one top 75-80 now at my local CBS they all seem to be priced around 120 which seems like a lot considering they come without about the same amount of accessories as they ever have. That being said the couple Mezco figures I have so far feel like a good value and the marvel line seems to come with plenty to merit 80 IMO but if the price continues to increase they may end up edging collectors out in favor of more 1/6th scale figures

Except the 1/6 figures are also going up in price at the same rate percentage wise. It's also about whether you want a comic version of figures (Mezco) vs movie versions (HT), or in the case of Daredevil it's probably the only high end figure available with 32 points of articulation and everything else it comes with.

I would guess the armored batman would be an even higher price point

HT 1/6 = 250 + shipping vs Mezco $80 + shipping? I'm getting Mezco. I'll end up with 3 Mezco TDKR Batman figures for about $215. :yess:

Since I don't own any i'm very curious how their shelf presence will be, will an $80 6" figure be able to stand out amongst the lesser quality figures.

Back