Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess we know what there true intentions are, sale profit

Mezco created these "intentions" by making very little of these and driving the prices up high.My plan was to open this figure and I still just may, but It's hard to open up a figure going for $350-500....I like the Punisher,but not that much :lol....Heck,I'd sell mine for $300 if I found a buyer and that would be very reasonable selling it at that price too

Mezco created these "intentions" by making very little of these and driving the prices up high.My plan was to open this figure and I still just may, but It's hard to open up a figure going for $350-500....I like the Punisher,but not that much :lol....Heck,I'd sell mine for $300 if I found a buyer and that would be very reasonable selling it at that price too

I don't blame you one bit, if you can do it. Money makes the world go round. You would be retarded not too. I was just checking to see if you would open up

Can't believe anyone is willing to shell out $300-$500 for a friggin 6" toy :ohbfrank:

Kind of agree, but understand why some might be willing to shell out. Some people might feel it's so limited that it's worth it or just huge Punsher fans. Me? I think $175 would be my max and only because I collect the line and prefer classic look. PX Bradstreet-esque Punisher will suffice if I can't grab classic version for my price.

Can't believe anyone is willing to shell out $300-$500 for a friggin 6" toy :ohbfrank:

This.
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but this whole fiasco caused me to reevaluate my need for this line. I sold all 14 previously-purchased One:12 figures a month ago (including the standard and PX Punishers) and haven't looked back. To be honest, they just didn't wow me. The combination of their dumbass "Mezco flair" arrogance and the sold-out-in-2-hours-exclusive-classic-Punisher that they didn't restrict purchase quantities on made the decision easy.

I try to keep an open global awareness of the different levels of collectors out in the world.

There are folks out there with very deep pockets where $500 for them is literally like $.05 cents for me....that's right $.05 cents not $5.00.

That's just the reality of the world.

Now sure one of those super wealthy collectors could look at this $103 6" figure that is now being sold for $500 and think that is just crazy no matter how wealthy I am I refuse to pay that for a 6" figure.

But there will also be another super wealthy collector who WILL say YES I know i'm being gouged but WHATEVER it's sold out and I want it so i'm buying it.

I can't fault any seller for trying to tap into the wants of someone who can afford that high cost and is willing to spend whatever it takes to get what they want.

Sellers don't owe anybody anything if a person lost out on the PO and now can't afford the product at those high ebay prices oh well move along to the next collectible no need to waste your energy being upset at the seller.

If anything go be upset at Mezco but even then you're wasting your time because they don't care just like SS, HT and Hasbro don't care.

These are collectibles not life necessary items so I don't expect for a welfare state to be created just because I can't afford a toy or a Ferrari.

Hell there can even be a collector out there who is living at the poverty line but if they choose to save up every penny just to pay $500 for this Punisher then that's their business what they do with their money.

Last edited:
I wonder if Mezco would have limited quantity if someone had ordered 100 classic Punisher figures.

With no payment upfront, anyone could have done that, then sold enough preorders on Ebay to cover the cost.

A person could have easily tripled or quadrupled their investment and made tens of thousands of dollars in profit.

Jye4ever I totally agree with you man.

It's kind of tiring hearing everyone being upset about this classic pun figure. Yes it would have been better if mez limited it to one per household but they didn't. If missing out on the classic pun makes you hate the line then I don't think you ever really liked it to begin with. People have complained that collectibles aren't collectible anymore then mez makes a very limited run and people are upset. :dunno

It's kind of tiring hearing everyone being upset about this classic pun figure. Yes it would have been better if mez limited it to one per household but they didn't. If missing out on the classic pun makes you hate the line then I don't think you ever really liked it to begin with. People have complained that collectibles aren't collectible anymore then mez makes a very limited run and people are upset. :dunno

And believe me I know some very frugal wealthy people who are super tight with their money.

There's one regular customer that comes to my family gas station business driving a $250,000 high performance automobile, this person has over 10 million in just one of their accounts.

They fill up with the cheaper gas even though their high performance automobile is engineered for the more expensive premium fuel.

So one day we informed the customer that they're damaging their engine by not using the proper octane as the compression engineers designed that engine to operate within a certain combustion pressure and temperature window.

They said "Hell no the premium fuel is 50 cents more a gallon i'm not paying that besides it's a lease I don't care if i'm damaging the engine!"

Yup, no matter how wealthy I don't envision that person shelling out $500 for a 6" action figure lol.

Oh well I went and sold my personal Classic Punisher for $400, I had every intention of keeping him but serious money matters came up so off he went.

I'm sure i'll regret it but such is life, ups and downs.

If anything I wish I had sold him for more but I needed the money rather quickly.

Oh well I went and sold my personal Classic Punisher for $400, I had every intention of keeping him but serious money matters came up so off he went.

I'm sure i'll regret it but such is life, ups and downs.

If anything I wish I had sold him for more but I needed the money rather quickly.

Did you sell it to someone here? and here I was offering it for $300

This is so funny :lol You come on a forum site to say your tired of reading other people's opinions??? :lol The irony.

Look, I couldn't care less how folks spend their hard earned money. I just don't see any 6" figure being worth that type of bread. I've seen customs, very good ones too, sell for half that price and I still wouldn't pay it! But that's just me. If it means that much to others, to each their own.

In regards to complaints not reaching Mezco and making any difference, I'd like to point the naysayers to Mezco's Wolverine. They didn't drop the turtle shells, but those board shorts got shorter and I believe that was a direct response to the reception the figure received from the fans as not one interview by Pierre before, during or after Toy Fair did he ever mention the shorts being changed. They certainly did shorten them for the PO.

And I don't think most folks are upset about it being limited, but being as limited as what it was and practically unannounced, that left way too many fans without even a chance to try to get it. That's Gentle Giant Asian market exclusive/ Playmates 1701 exclusivity right there. That type of exclusiveness usually just serves to piss more fans off than helping the brand.

Who knows, maybe due to the backlash from fans and the ridiculous eBay prices, maybe Mezco will rerelease this in a diorama for fans that missed out. It will probably have some battle damage and blood splatter but that would give fans a chance to have the classic comic version.

Last edited:
No lee I'm not saying I'm tired of hearing others opinions, I like reading what other people think about figures...I'm saying when some folks keep repeating "damn mezco making punisher limited, grumble grumble" is :horse hopefully there will be a classic bloody ver or something like that to allow more folks to get a classic punisher

They could always just re-release the classic with some different weapons and include the trenchcoat, that to me would be a better option than having the only available version of him spattered in blood.

I wonder when we will start to see some villains for the Marvel series, so far its just 2 versions of Red Skull. I feel like this line could really do justice to a classic Green Goblin.

Oh yes! Great idea hellion! Green goblin and hobgoblin would be so dope....also not a villain but a ghost rider would be sweet

I wonder when we will start to see some villains for the Marvel series, so far its just 2 versions of Red Skull. I feel like this line could really do justice to a classic Green Goblin.

2 red skulls? I only saw and Po'd one!!!

Edit - oh now I see it - the classic - damn I missed that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 red skulls? I only saw and Po'd one!!!

Edit - oh now I see it - the classic - damn I missed that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't care for the classic version. Modern is much cooler even if it's like the 1/6 movie version. Villans definitely need some love; a Green Goblin, Magneto, Dr. Doom(of course 🤓 ), Venom, etc would all be welcome. I'd love for them to tackle a 1/12 Galactus too 😉

Back