Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for a '90s purple variant. Although if all they do is change the colors like they did with Ascending Knight I'll probably just stick with this one.

I'd love that but I think they will keep this when they do the animated series figures. If they do it, that is. Right now they're doing their own stuff with Batman aside from covering the movie adaptations.
Basically most variants have only been color swap and some slight changes on the fabrics they use. And for completely different designs, they showcased and announced the specific variant long before it hit the shelves (like Armored Batman & Knightmare Batman which are variants of regular Batman, and Classic Red Skull and Classic Punisher). So I doubt they will offer an out-of-this-world variant for Catwoman. Maybe just a color swap.

Mezco is pretty weird and inconsistent with their variants. Ascending Knight Batman only got a few simple recolors, Wolverine & Deadpool got two different variants with changes to the costumes and new accessories, and Doctor Strange has a variant with a costume that's completely different than the regular version plus a new big accessory.

But, yeah, the fact that they didn't show off any variants at Toy Fair nor make any announcements about MX or PX versions makes me think we aren't getting anything for Catwoman, though I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they'll do like they did with regular Joker and punk Joker and release a completely different Catwoman version somewhere down the line.

I feel they still lack confidence in their female figures which is why we have no variant announced yet. Harley Quinn is like the only character that had absolutely no variant. But when you think of it, they could have easily made two other variants like Hot Toys did. I think they know they kind of failed Harley.

As for Deadpool, they all look too similar next to each other. What really changes is the different kinds of fabric and color swap. The harness on PX Deadpool and Comic Con Deadpool is exactly the same, it's just a repaint. PX Deadpool is basically a mashup of regular Deadpool and Comic Con Deadpool with color swap and bonus accessories and bonus headsculpt.
The various Wolverine are all too similar too for my taste, same body, same headsculpts, it's just different fabrics, and color swap (still, I got them all lol). The only one that's a true variant for my taste is Old Man Logan.

I think the best variants so far are the Batman from Batman V Superman. They really did well on that line. The upcoming Tactical Suit looks badass.

A variant should be what it is, a variant. If it's totally different, then it's a new action figure of the same character. Like Armored Batman or Old Man Logan.

That's funny cause you say basically the Deadpools and Wolverines have different colors, fabrics, harness/boots, additional or different heads and accessories and yet they are too similar. That's way enought for a variant, IMO. :lol

I don't think any assumptions can be made about the "confidence" they have in their female figures. Look at Catwoman and Wonder Woman. Looks like they have confidence to me. To Mezco the problems with Harley Quinn were not in anything they did/didn't do with the figure. If I'm being completely honest it's a fantastic figure. SH Figuarts and MAFEX just made one that was more appealing to collectors.

Also, you're jumping the gun a little bit by speculating why we haven't had a variant announced already when the base figure just went up for preorder yesterday. Harley Quinn is definitely not the only figure to not receive a variant either. BvS Superman and it looks like Gladiator Hulk, Thor, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman won't either.

Managed to score a PX Deathstroke at BBTS just now... $140 is a tough pill to swallow but its probably the best I can do at the moment :dunno

Youzer! Did they really mark it up that high? I had that thing on PO but decided to cancel it. Now I'm regretting it. Decided to stick with the standard version.

Edit: Guess you bought the only one. They're sold out now.

yea as soon as i got it, it went back pre-order sold out. Sucks its still on PO so who knows if ill actually get it. BBTS lately has been overselling POs from what I understand.

did the same regret it now

I shouldn't say I regret it because I really like the standard version colors better than the black, but the accessories... man

yea as soon as i got it, it went back pre-order sold out. Sucks its still on PO so who knows if ill actually get it. BBTS lately has been overselling POs from what I understand.

It shows it's sold out for me. I really hope they're not cancelling orders because every single one of my Mezco POs is with them.

Can anybody explain to me why Mezco never has the "PX exclusives" on their site? Seems like the only way to find out about them is through 3rd party. Plus they always have more accessories than the standard versions. I don't get it.

I shouldn't say I regret it because I really like the standard version colors better than the black, but the accessories... man

It shows it's sold out for me. I really hope they're not cancelling orders because every single one of my Mezco POs is with them.

Can anybody explain to me why Mezco never has the "PX exclusives" on their site? Seems like the only way to find out about them is through 3rd party. Plus they always have more accessories than the standard versions. I don't get it.

Me either. I understand they aren't Hasbro or Mattel, but I also doubt they are making each figure by hand. So why not produce more if you think you can sell more? I'm not saying go balls deep and make millions of them, but if you're making 500 and selling out, try 1000. Sold out of those? Good, you made more money, now do 1500. Sold those? Excellent. Make 2000. Didn't sell all of those? Back it down to 1800 and see where you're at in terms of R.O.I.

It's not really rocket science and they have a built in market now. I'd say I am not alone when I note that I buy probably 90% of their super hero based figures, plus I'll get the Wick figure. I know there are a lot of collectors like me as well in that regard, so why force them to the aftermarket to pay $400 to someone else that you won't see a dime of, when you could be making $80 off of that person as a company?

Previews Exclusive, so I believe it's only for retailers that order through Diamond...or something along those lines.

Me either. I understand they aren't Hasbro or Mattel, but I also doubt they are making each figure by hand. So why not produce more if you think you can sell more? I'm not saying go balls deep and make millions of them, but if you're making 500 and selling out, try 1000. Sold out of those? Good, you made more money, now do 1500. Sold those? Excellent. Make 2000. Didn't sell all of those? Back it down to 1800 and see where you're at in terms of R.O.I.

It's not really rocket science and they have a built in market now. I'd say I am not alone when I note that I buy probably 90% of their super hero based figures, plus I'll get the Wick figure. I know there are a lot of collectors like me as well in that regard, so why force them to the aftermarket to pay $400 to someone else that you won't see a dime of, when you could be making $80 off of that person as a company?

Problem with your method is character desire... hell even costumes play a big part, most toy companies need to gauge interest in some way, and PO's are the way to do it most effectively

In other news just grabbed a PX Deathstroke for $220 CAD... hurt like a ***** but itll be nice to have, and if the value continues to climb ill feel more secure in my purchase

Problem with your method is character desire... hell even costumes play a big part, most toy companies need to gauge interest in some way, and PO's are the way to do it most effectively

In other news just grabbed a PX Deathstroke for $220 CAD... hurt like a ***** but itll be nice to have, and if the value continues to climb ill feel more secure in my purchase

Good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with this. Why is Mezco limiting these figures so much? The need to make for of each figure so we don't have to deal with aftermarket prices. The aftermarket is completely insane with some of the prices sellers are asking for! Don't get me wrong, I love Mezco figures. I got into them late in the game unfortunately. In the last 3 months I've purchased three of them, but by no means are they Hot Toys figures, and the prices that the aftermarket is asking for, rival or surpass their Hot Toys counterpart. I mean take the Armored Batman Mezco for example. It's selling for $300-$400 on eBay(or trying to). Why the hell would I pay that for a 6" figures when I can pay a little more for the HT 1/6 version that blows the Mezco version out of the water. I'm absolutely dumbfounded at these prices sellers are asking for and the fact that buyer are paying them. The only hope for me ever getting the Mezco Armored Batman and Nightmare Batman is find it at a comic shop(which is most likely completely impossible since they are exclusives) or toy show for a manageable price. I know I will definitely PO every figure I want right out of the gate for now on. Ok, rant over.

I completely agree with this. Why is Mezco limiting these figures so much? The need to make for of each figure so we don't have to deal with aftermarket prices. The aftermarket is completely insane with some of the prices sellers are asking for! Don't get me wrong, I love Mezco figures. I got into them late in the game unfortunately. In the last 3 months I've purchased three of them, but by no means are they Hot Toys figures, and the prices that the aftermarket is asking for, rival or surpass their Hot Toys counterpart. I mean take the Armored Batman Mezco for example. It's selling for $300-$400 on eBay(or trying to). Why the hell would I pay that for a 6" figures when I can pay a little more for the HT 1/6 version that blows the Mezco version out of the water. I'm absolutely dumbfounded at these prices sellers are asking for and the fact that buyer are paying them. The only hope for me ever getting the Mezco Armored Batman and Nightmare Batman is find it at a comic shop(which is most likely completely impossible since they are exclusives) or toy show for a manageable price. I know I will definitely PO every figure I want right out of the gate for now on. Ok, rant over.

If I can interject again, I think the bigger problem is Mezco stating they will never redo or rerelease figures, that is a major factor in Aftermarket prices and demand. They should (imo) not limit themselves like that, we absolutely should be getting 2nd editions (sans accessories or different apps, less heads etc) that way the line is semi accessible to new collectors and the OG or 1st runs have some rarity or demand still

If I can interject again, I think the bigger problem is Mezco stating they will never redo or rerelease figures, that is a major factor in Aftermarket prices and demand. They should (imo) not limit themselves like that, we absolutely should be getting 2nd editions (sans accessories or different apps, less heads etc) that way the line is semi accessible to new collectors and the OG or 1st runs have some rarity or demand still

I agree, Mezco shouldn't limit themselves. I would even possibly agree to a second edition version if I had to but I can't fathom why the aftermarket is pushing the prices so high. At the worse, I've only seen HT figures double in price for resent sold out figures but Mezco figures are selling between 3 and 4 times there original price. The only Mezco figure I can see paying that much for is the DKR Batman figure since it's been out for 4 years now.

The thing is, it really is a collector's line. All figures have only one run, and some figures are produced in ridiculously small quantities. Take the Classic Punisher for example, only 400 made. It's crazy. There are way more that 400 collectors interested in a figure like this. Hence the prices on ebay right now.

If Hot Toys limited their runs like that, you can bet most figures would be around $1000. Take a look at the price of the Godfather which was never re-released, the price is crazy.

But I have to credit Mezco for not rereleasing anything. They have been clear from the get go the figures would have just one run and that on some instances, pre-order is key to how many figures they will make. They have been fair and square in their decision. Now it does suck the aftermarket prices are so crazy, especially for me since I don't live in the us and can't pre-order anything. I always end up paying more than $80 on any figure.

This is a good strategy they have. If the figures weren't so limited, they wouldn't sell out that fast. Personally I would still get everything as I love the line and their products, it's quality stuff, but I'm sure some collectors would wait more or even not buy at all. Personally, again, I prefer Mezco over Hot Toys, but I feel the majority still likes Hot Toys better. So the limited run card is the best card they can play right now if they can't convince everyone their product is better.

The worst thing they could do right now is to make a U-turn and rerelease everything and not restrict the copies in the future. They would kill their line.
Nintendo did that with their amiibos and look at what happened: when the amiibos were so limited, everyone was going nuts over them, the aftermarket prices were completely crazy, scalpers rushed to the stores and bought as many copies as possible only to resell them on ebay, and bear in mind it's a ******* product to begin with. It's nowhere near what Mezco is offering. But still it was sold out everywhere. The moment they rereleased all the waves and made the quantities bigger, nobody cared and a lot of people sold all their collections for a bargain. Nintendo made the worst move they ever made, even worse than the Wii U. One has to wonder who made this bad call, it's just not how you do business.
Either they should have announced in the beginning they would rerelease everything (they said the contrary), or stick to what they did in the first place. The moment you change your approach on the limited editions on a toy line, you basically say "****** you" to the original supporters of the line, the hardcore collectors, and end up losing everyone in the end.

Back