Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see a long, pointless argument about 3A in the Mezco thread :D Let's get back to another recent Mezco release in the One:12 Collective line - Black Adam! Now you can set up the ultimate battle between Captain Marvel and his ultimate nemesis, after you check out my review of course:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-011718a.htm

review_blackadam_4.jpg

What really baffles me is that "better", regarding action figures, will depends on subjective taste.

This is a pointless argument, imo.

Even when people try to use "objective" aspects, they depend on the collectors taste (even to select which objective aspect is more important).

Better articulation: maybe the person collecting is not that into extreme poses. Or a specific asriculation is more important for someone's taste.

More durable soft goods: that's quite hard to compare and test.

"mezflair" or "Ashley Wood style": again depends on your taste.

I do prefer Mezco over 3A, but that's my personal preference and I really don't need any validation from others. My main reason to hand in threads is to see pictures and comments about a figure (specially objective comments, that present characteristic that might help me decide if I want to buy something).

I don't need people telling me what to buy, and I do believe most collectors in this forum are adults and competent enough to make their own decisions as well. The main objective of the forum, in this respect, is to help us make informed decisions (IMO).

Also, this idea that we have to give "Mezco it's due" is strange one imo, that "due" depends solely on each collectors taste and preferences.

Comparing both companies is really healthy and helpful, imo, but give up on trying to convince each other.

Sorry if my post seems harsh (I'm really not sure if it does, language and cultural barriers have played some part in me sounding harsher then intended in the past), I do understand and empathize with both sides regarding their passion for their collections, but you guys are not going anywhere.

My point exactly--you can't make an a sound decision with biased or in accurate information--somthing this site is full of.

Nice to see a long, pointless argument about 3A in the Mezco thread :D Let's get back to another recent Mezco release in the One:12 Collective line - Black Adam! Now you can set up the ultimate battle between Captain Marvel and his ultimate nemesis, after you check out my review of course:

review_blackadam_4.jpg

Michael ,
Nice review!!!

Have you reviewed Mezco's Classic Superman ?

I'll look for one of those 3A figures at a good price. Some look like good baddies to compliment my mezco figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look for one of those 3A figures at a good price. Some look like good baddies to compliment my mezco figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you they look very nice!!!! And at their current price, for me, they make-- good bad guys. The Von Nom commander coming out,this 1Q,will have ankle articulation--this figure, you should be able to do a lot with. And will fit well with this line(one 12) if they continue with there scaling down(Batman Dark knight returns larger, then Classic Superman).

review_blackadam_4.jpg

I Found your review of Superman--Nice Review

No prob - thanks. Yea, I've reviewed everyone I've gotten...but I do have a couple here still waiting, and a couple I haven't yet received that have started shipping.

Just got my tony mei Heads back from Kai studio!E493BF06-6EFB-4709-8B8D-BBDEFBB46D4B.jpg

Attachments

• D7280886-DC87-4CD1-8C3C-E9CD637665CC.jpg
    D7280886-DC87-4CD1-8C3C-E9CD637665CC.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 155
"So, what will it be, Jack? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to me?"

IMG_2806.jpg

I had to do this. Waiting for the proper coat and decals now. So happy about how he turned out.

I'll paint him the rest of the beard later on but I'm starting to love this free interpretation of Big Boss. May have to buy another ThreeA fig for parts...

If you want to make this you need:
-Modern Red Skull Body
-Deathstroke's headsculpt
-The Socom is from Big Boss Peace Walker Revoltech fig, and the AK-47 was from the Lone Ranger Vortex Toys Figure.
-The pouches and belt come from the Punk ThreeA figure
-The cigar comes from Cobra Figma

IMG_2807.jpg

I was wondering why nobody had tried that yet, look forward to the end result.

What coat do you intend to use, there's a guy in instagram called CJesim or something like that, he makes pretty nice coats, wired and everything.

Or are you gonna make it yourself?

If it were me, I'd make a cast of the head so I could sculpt and paint the beard over another head and I wouldn't have to ruin the original one in case I made a mistake, and that way you can make as many as you want.

Love the paint on that Mei DKR Head.
I think that head is great but the shape of it doesn't quite match the body type of that figure.

Also, his Flash and the latest Black Adam don't seem to be better than Mezco's original heads, Black Adam in particular has some proportion issues, but he did say he's making Cap Marvel :yess:

Although I do quite Cap Marvels original heads quite a lot.

I'm actually not much of a fan of his HS's at all, but But that paint itself is crisp and clean and not too overdone, really digging it. I do think he's getting better with each, but he has a habit of sculpting the corners of the mouth almost touching the jawline. The masked Wolverine's I'd say are currently his best.

Back