Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the mouths tend to scowl a little bit too much.

I'm really, really tempted by that brown suit Wolverine, and if I were to get it, I would definitely order a couple of his Wolverine heads.

Glad you like it animal, Kai is such a talented painter for sure! I like Tony's head sculpts a lot, I don't think anyone does better dark knight returns heads.

Gaspar I had the superman suit installed by Tony

I was wondering why nobody had tried that yet, look forward to the end result.

What coat do you intend to use, there's a guy in instagram called CJesim or something like that, he makes pretty nice coats, wired and everything.

Or are you gonna make it yourself?

If it were me, I'd make a cast of the head so I could sculpt and paint the beard over another head and I wouldn't have to ruin the original one in case I made a mistake, and that way you can make as many as you want.

Oh thanks I was actually searching for the person who was making those coats. Saw those on a youtube videos, very nice!
I went for the Marvel Legend's Gambit coat (not the pleather one), it's the only coat that was about right. I will customize it a bit, I got the figure for a bargain ($20 new in box), I should get it tomorrow.
But what I really want is either the Knightmare Batman coat or Old Man Logan coat for this character, I will have to buy one of those two twice.

Here is what Big Boss looks like so far, very happy with the result so far IMG_2811.jpg

The paint job isn't that impressive on the figure, I got the color match very easy. Can't wait for the coat!

Thank you for the support dude haha but wish I knew a pro painter. Only thing easy to have was the color match...
Anyway the coat will make definitely make him look like a true Big Boss : p Hope Mezco releases this guy some day...

Thank you guys : ) Yes, I did, you are a fan haha. Didn't think anyone would notice ; ) I will put Diamond Dogs and Fox Hound logos on the coat.

Yes the idea is to make a version between MGSV and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. The most iconic look of Big Boss is the one seen at the end of MGS4 with his long brown coat. Ironically, before MGS4, we had only seen that look through MGS1 artwork of Big Boss. And that's basically how most fans captured old Big Boss visually, so it was a huge surprise to finally see him "in the flesh" with this outfit at the end of MGS4. Under his coat, he wears a suit with a tie, like he's about to go to the office. I don't have those kind of clothes for 1/12, and it has never made much sense to me that he would wear this kind of suit, he looks like a retired soldier when in reality, he fought all his life.
So I decided to do something else.

I want to capture this iconic look (hence the upcoming coat) and at the same time have him ready for battle under his coat. With gear he wears from MGS3 till Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
I may do a variant in the future with a green military suit and red beret.

I suppose he should wear both Diamond Dogs and Foxhound patches on his "final" coat because those represent his two last teams. If you notice in Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes, he wears both the Fox logo (his previous team in Portable Ops) and the Militaires Sans Frontières logo (his current team). In The Phantom Pain, Venom wears both the Militaires Sans Frontières patch (previous team) and Diamond Dogs patch (current team). Then Big Boss takes command of Foxhound.

As for who he is: both (hence the tail and the absence of horn and scars). Because to me, Big Boss suffers from schizophrenia in The Phantom Pain. Some fans choose to believe there are two Big Boss at the end of MGSV because that's what the game tells you literally, but in my interpretation, if you listen to the Truth Tapes, they don't add up to the facts. In the book 1984, Truth=Lie. So fans should be very cautious and take those final tapes for what they are: interpretations and probably misleading. There are a lot of things that don't add up in the game, overall. The Paz final cutscene explains everything, in my opinion. The trauma Big Boss suffered and his denial to face reality.

Tell me Gaspar, what was the ThreeA figure you posted earlier? It has cool accessories that could come in handy on my Big Boss : p

Big Boss next to Classic Punisher, ready to take on the figure world.

IMG_2813.jpg

As for who he is: both (hence the tail and the absence of horn and scars). Because to me, Big Boss suffers from schizophrenia in The Phantom Pain. Some fans choose to believe there are two Big Boss at the end of MGSV because that's what the game tells you literally, but in my interpretation, if you listen to the Truth Tapes, they don't add up to the facts. In the book 1984, Truth=Lie. So fans should be very cautious and take those final tapes for what they are: interpretations and probably misleading. There are a lot of things that don't add up in the game, overall. The Paz final cutscene explains everything, in my opinion. The trauma Big Boss suffered and his denial to face reality.

My nica, have you ever been into the NeverBeGameOver subreddit? Nowadays it's pretty dead but we used to get all those discussions and theories there.

As for your rationalization, I like it, it makes for a good concept and figure.

The 3A figures the yellow one is Emgy grunt and the gray one is Barguest de Plume.

My nica, have you ever been into the NeverBeGameOver subreddit? Nowadays it's pretty dead but we used to get all those discussions and theories there.

As for your rationalization, I like it, it makes for a good concept and figure.

The 3A figures the yellow one is Emgy grunt and the gray one is Barguest de Plume.

Yep I was on NeverBeGameOver but for a very short time. Thanks for the heads up!
I put a new photo of Big Boss in the Mezco Marvel thread : p

Back