Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so, I think it's the nature of the material, vinyl and faux leather are a concern with any toy brand.

Mezco figures are well made, if they're all fabric I think they could handle the same manhandling as a Marvel Legends if not more.

Agreed that Vinyl material is a concern in general, so not something to be handled like a standard toy. Which Is why I say someone was probably rough with their Superman. In fact I hope this is the case and not defect that is going to start appearing.

Mezco's are absolutely well made. But handle the same manhandling as a Marvel Legend figure? No way, completely disagree with you there. And thats not a knock on Mezco, but I don't think they're produced to withstand the play a Hasbro figure is. Fabric would be the first thing to get jacked up. In fact, I have to watch the roguhness of my hands when I handle them or any fabric figure, just so I don't risk the fabric getting fuzzy and frayed. Which is kind of what happened to my Punisher, and even a Tony Mei outfit :/ But again, thats not a knock on their quality.

Well that would make two of us then cause I've thought the same thing :hi5:

But when I think about the Mei Year One suit, I really wish I would have with that one...

About the durability of the Mezco One:12 line, it's a bit soon to say, but I can say that TDKR tailoring engineering and fabrics are really exceptional. I've had the PX TDKR in the same pose he has on the box on its stand for years, and the fabric still holds perfectly, no tear, nothing. Good as new.

I will have to see how well the vinyl parts and faux leather hold up with time. I can say that some of the clothes on my ThreeA figures didn't hold that well with time, it's clearly not the same kind of fabric, but this line is older than Mezco.

About Medicom, Hot Toys, Sideshow and other brands using fake leather and vinyl parts and them deteriorating, I've seen that happen on videos, some testimonies out there, especially a terrible, terrible, terrible video I saw on a Hot Toys Red Skull which coat had deteriorated from everywhere, it was a complete disaster, I can't remember where I saw that but it shocked me.
Thing is, the guy in question lived in a tropical environment with a lot of humidity and con-air I guess, which may have resulted in this kind of deteriorating.

Because I have owned some Hot Toys, Medicom and Sideshow 1/6 figures for years, with a lot of them having fake leather materials, full coat with fake leather, and none of them deteriorated. Part of the reason may be because I keep my valued figures in glass case, with 0 humidity in my home. I also let 0 real light enter in the room to prevent eventual sunfading.
However it's very hot in there in the summer, sometimes over 30 degrees, but no humidity nonetheless. And I have not witnessed any crack or anything on the leather parts or vinyl parts... Hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime : p

Anyway back to Mezco, I feel it will be a very durable line but I'm worried about the vinyl parts. I don't repose them very often, I mostly toy with them when I get them so that I can decide which pose is the best, but then I leave them as they are to prevent any deterioration happening. So far, so good.

About the durability of the Mezco One:12 line, it's a bit soon to say, but I can say that TDKR tailoring engineering and fabrics are really exceptional. I've had the PX TDKR in the same pose he has on the box on its stand for years, and the fabric still holds perfectly, no tear, nothing. Good as new.

I will have to see how well the vinyl parts and faux leather hold up with time. I can say that some of the clothes on my ThreeA figures didn't hold that well with time, it's clearly not the same kind of fabric, but this line is older than Mezco.

About Medicom, Hot Toys, Sideshow and other brands using fake leather and vinyl parts and them deteriorating, I've seen that happen on videos, some testimonies out there, especially a terrible, terrible, terrible video I saw on a Hot Toys Red Skull which coat had deteriorated from everywhere, it was a complete disaster, I can't remember where I saw that but it shocked me.
Thing is, the guy in question lived in a tropical environment with a lot of humidity and con-air I guess, which may have resulted in this kind of deteriorating.

Because I have owned some Hot Toys, Medicom and Sideshow 1/6 figures for years, with a lot of them having fake leather materials, full coat with fake leather, and none of them deteriorated. Part of the reason may be because I keep my valued figures in glass case, with 0 humidity in my home. I also let 0 real light enter in the room to prevent eventual sunfading.
However it's very hot in there in the summer, sometimes over 30 degrees, but no humidity nonetheless. And I have not witnessed any crack or anything on the leather parts or vinyl parts... Hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime : p

Anyway back to Mezco, I feel it will be a very durable line but I'm worried about the vinyl parts. I don't repose them very often, I mostly toy with them when I get them so that I can decide which pose is the best, but then I leave them as they are to prevent any deterioration happening. So far, so good.

"Disclaimer"
I don't work for mezco or anyother toy company. The only benefit I receive is a chance to purchase a better action figure--one I'd like to own in my collection.

Let me make this point again, Nothing last forever!!! Marvel legends fade, joints become loose, and soft rubber hair becomes hard and stiff once it gets old. This thread appears to be one that is attempting to persuade in a negative fashion to not buy a figure, or to purchase a custom. This is reminiscent of what is happing in politics now. For those who like this line--you better speak up and let your voice be heard. I ask myself, why would this be done? Competition. Mezco must be cutting into a large share of this market--but I digress.
What is the motto behind mezco--pose play display. And that has been my experience. You can pose, play and display.

Yeah I don't really see that in any of the discussion. And as far as buying customs goes the items spoken about are to augment a Mezco figure that you'd still need to purchase :)

I don't understand the post, You would not know what? And, have I what?

Have I asked people if I have discouraged them from buying Mezco? No, I have not, because it's not my fault nor do I really care.

I will speak my mind, if you are discouraged by that without me actually discouraging you, that's your own fault, nobody is telling anybody to not buy Mezco.

Last edited:
I don't understand the post, You would not know what? And, have I what?

Have I asked people if I have discouraged them from buying Mezco? No, I have not, because it's not my fault nor do I really care.

I will speak my mind, if you are discouraged by that without me actually discouraging you, that's your own fault, nobody is telling anybody to not buy Mezco.

You do have the right to speak your mind--but based on your evidence and your conclusions, they don't appear to be justified. You would not know if your commits, or criticism has caused others on this site to cancel their pre-orders.

You do have the right to speak your mind--but based on your evidence and your conclusions, they don't appear to be justified. You would not know if your commits, or criticism has caused others on this site to cancel their pre-orders.
No, they are justified.

And, again, if someone gets discouraged by my criticism, that's on them.

I am not, nor anyone else, discouraging anyone from buying Mezco.

You can deal with annoying tho, can't you? We big bois.

Big boys w/ big boy toys. Annoying sure I can deal with; I suppose it’s the irrationality of frequently comparing customs to standard that gets old. Go back through all your posts and count how many times you do this. Sure it would be an interesting and outrageous statistic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back