Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi people,
Thanks for the input. Captain Marvel it is. Better overall figure and yes I would hope Mezco does a better Supes in the future cuz I know I ain't happy with what there is so far, and I can't afford to sink the cheddar into one of Tony Mei's, though that would be a dream.

I dream that they will pull a Joker on us and unveil a MDX deluxe Superman with a modified costume (flat emblem, red belt loops) and a number of suitable head sculpts.

Or I'll just wait for another Superman.

I pre-ordered him from Toyzinthebox since I had a $25 coupon from points I worked up. They told me around January. They were told "soon"

Yeah, I’m in on Deathstroke as well and assume he’ll be sold out in late Jan when I can afford it, so it’ll probably be PX for me. Accessories look much nicer, at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m in on Deathstroke as well and assume he’ll be sold out in late Jan when I can afford it, so it’ll probably be PX for me. Accessories look much nicer, at least

Yeah, I opted for the PX version, looks way cooler imo. Just got into this line and so far, im loving it! I got nycc wolverine, red son supes and on its way is normal superman.

Red Son arriving Jan 3rd! Thanks again for letting me know. Amazon is back in my good graces.

Unboxed and toyed with Red Son Superman.

Quick review: it's weird how it's a much better figure than Classic Superman while being almost identical except for the color swap.
What does add a lot: the headsculpt. The paint app is better than on Classic's HS, and Red Son's face looks more menacing. He almost looks like an evil Superman. I dig this headsculpt. So far it's to me the best Superman headsculpt in this scale or less. They nailed it. It's incredible how a good headsculpt can change everything.
Something about this figure makes it truly special, especially if you have Superman hanging the Brainiac head in his hand.

I like the subtle black gloves. What would have been wicked though, is the option of putting longer black gloves made of fake leather, I'm sure it would look very cool. This should be a very easy custom to do though, and I'm glad they left as much fabric on his cloth as possible, so whenever we have long black gloves, we can put them on this Red Son.

I also like the use of the vinyl on his speedo after all. It looks a lot better than it does on Classic Superman. Comparing it to the real cloth aspect on TDKR's speedo, , I now understand why they went for vinyl: it just fits the legs better, this Superman looks slick as hell. And also, it makes the color of the speedo go along with the gloves and boots a whole lot more. On the prototype, the black color on the made of real fabric speedo wasn't as black as the boots and gloves.

Overall I'm super happy with this figure but I'm going to point out some problems.

About the use of vinyl on his emblem: looking back on TDKR Batman, the PX one did have a vinyl too, and the black emblem on the other releases was made of some kind of gum. And the 3D logo on Classic Superman is what it is...
But the PX Punisher has his logo printed on his shirt.
Looking at all those figures together, I think one of the reasons they used vinyl is to make to color pop out more. Because when you look at those figures from a distance, the vinyl materials make the colors stronger. And obviously it makes up for an easier tailoring job, save money and still make it a $80 figure.
I'm definitely not a fan of the use of vinyl though, I wish they had printed the logo like PX Punisher even if it meant paying $10 more.

There is also a huge visible sign of tailoring that hadn't hit me on Classic Superman: they stitched the fabric around the shoulder and pectorals! I swear it didn't hit me as strongly as it hit me on this Red Son Superman. I directly looked at my TDKR Batmen (for reference, as I always do since it was their first figure), and they didn't have that problem. So I thought "is that because Superman's body is bigger than most Mezcos?" but it can't be because TDKR Batman is still the biggest figure they released. I really don't get it. How did they make TDKR Batman so right with the tailoring and had to stitch the fabric around the shoulders making the sewing lines extremely visible on this Red Son? Especially when there's still a visible line of stitching on his back.

The answer may be because the fabric they use is different than TDKR Batman. The horizontal seam lines were very apparent on TDKR Batman (which I did like a lot) and they are not so much visible on this Red Son Superman. Maybe the new material they are using prevented them from adapting the suit on this body without stitching around the shoulders. Still I prefer how the TDKR Batman was stitched and adapted to the body.

It's not that big of a deal, we're talking real cloth on a small figure here, but one has to wonder why those newer figures have problems that the first figure of the One:12 line didn't have. It's like they're experimenting every time on newer figures as if they weren't 100% satisfied with TDKR Batman. Or maybe they are trying to cut the production costs?

I'm not so sure it's the case though. Why do they go the extra mile of giving us Tin boxes (which are much more expensive than your regular cardboard boxes), adding a magnificent and beautifully painted Brainiac Head and a flag with real fabric if their goal was to save money? This doesn't make much sense.

If one of you guys have more reasonable explanations, I'd be happy to read you.
Minor complaints though, it's a wonderful figure and for $80 + shipping, it's totally worth it. I'm just bugged how TDKR Batman was perfect 3 years ago and I'm noticing some (minor) problems with the new releases that we have been waiting for years.

I'm going back and forth with Red Son, I'm pretty close to cancelling him.

It's an ok figure but not good enough for 80 bucks each plus shipping, the only reason I want it is the resale value :lol and the distant possibility that I may actually like it despite my expectations.

Watching all sorts of videos and pics to convince me into sending payment to BBTS.

I think I'd rather get an Ikea detolf.

I'm going back and forth with Red Son, I'm pretty close to cancelling him.

It's an ok figure but not good enough for 80 bucks each plus shipping, the only reason I want it is the resale value :lol and the distant possibility that I may actually like it despite my expectations.

Watching all sorts of videos and pics to convince me into sending payment to BBTS.

I think I'd rather get an Ikea detolf.

Red Son is solid. I hate the stitching around the sides of the chest but otherwise it looks very good, suit is nicely executed and vinyl underwear works well here, and I say this as someone who absolutely hates the vinyl speedo on Wolverine. Vinyl emblem looks a little too raised but it’s less noticeable in person. All in all it’s the best Superman they’ve produced for sure, and without those seams on the chest I’d call it on par with DKR as far as representing the character goes.

Back