Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that the Batman Vs Superman 'Batman' is the 'middle' and Batman TDKR is the 'end'.

That's not the sense I got at all from their blog post discussing this since they didn't mention those two existing figures at all, but it would definitely be interesting if that's what they meant! That would also alleviate my excitement for/fear of them announcing two more Batman figures in the coming months.

I think there are two more batman figures coming unrelated to bvs and dkr......I just wish mezco would hurry up and release some more figures

yes, they said a while ago there will be 3 Batman figures chronicling the beginning of his career, the prime Batman, and the end that will be similar to TDKR. Very interesting concept, but Im not sure if I wanna dive for this one or wait to see what the others will look like... But I doubt they will have a crossbow.. This is very tempting, especially because Im definitely getting the Batman Beyond figure. Not sure how it would pair with this young Bruce but at the same time I really dig this guy.

Yeah, for sure. If this Ascending Knight figure looked a lot more like the concept art they released, I would probably be all over it.

Still, though, it's frustrating that they are doing their own take (and, dare I say, adding their own flare) on early, prime, and late Batman figures, when they could be basing themed figures like that on fantastic, beloved source material. I guess they kinda covered a late Batman figure with their TDKR figure, but this Ascending Knight barely resembles Year One or first appearance Batman at all.

I'm just over here waiting for TAS batman to be announced (if it can be done)
0f23396e33975ec50d4c1759e481c4db.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artist specific designs that true fans love, that are stylish, simple and have zero tacticool traits, so that collectors don't have to settle for crappy redesigns and pretend they're satisfied?... Not gonna happen.

I deeply admire their impressive production values and the quality they can achieve.

I loathe their terrible taste, design choices and liberties they take.

I deeply admire their impressive production values and the quality they can achieve.

I loathe their terrible taste, design choices and liberties they take.

Funny thing is when Pierre says "Well, Mez is more of a classic kind of guy". And then his figure look nothing like the classic designs. Well, they did make some close to the originals, like the classic Punisher, Spider-man, TDKR Batman and Judge Dredd. And then something happened, I guess. :cuckoo:

That has to have something to do with licensing.

All these years later and I'm still mad about ThreeA never being able to release those 1/12 Star Wars figures. The SHF feel like a consolation prize by comparison, especially when they still can't sculpt an accurate Stormtrooper or Vader and still haven't made a Boba Fett.

It's funny, it seems like it wasn't long after that Ash just stopped caring. Nothing but sub-par figures from also-ran licenses, a Metal Gear Rex riddled with QC issues, a handful of bizarre "artistic interpretation" figures, severed feet, and endless Tomorrow King and Isobelle Pascha repaints.

It's only recently ThreeA seem to have started producing anything interesting again, and their quality still isn't anywhere near close to what it used to be in the early days. Hoping the same thing doesn't happen to 1000toys as they get bigger, those Toy Pizza, RealxHead, etc synthetic humans don't fill me with confidence in that regard.

Back