Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think we did get confirmation the black/grey is getting re-released?

Did we? I missed it if so but that's good news!

What they're giving us is based off of that cover but isn't really accurate to the 1st fight. He had the light blue cape, cowl, etc., but with the yellow bat symbol like the PX EX. The tears on it should've been horizontal instead of vertical like the Triumphant cover.

It can't be accurate to 2 different looks at the same time, if it's accurate to one, then it's acurate, they gave us the best one, good enough for me, or for whoever's buying it :lol

i think we did get confirmation the black/grey is getting re-released?

We didn't, at least to my knowledge, they said re-releases are unlikely but there could be variants, which is what they're doing.

been a min since i saw it but i think in animation he looks like this when fighting mutant leader the first time. i love it cuz it matches that cover and the base will be fun with more than just bats and mutant leader. WWRp will look good on it i think as well, maybe some marvel figs also.

again gonna be no surprise if when the single boxed leader comes out there will be single boxed BD bats like this but with diff symbols on chest, oval etc

It can't be accurate to 2 different looks at the same time, if it's accurate to one, then it's acurate, they gave us the best one, good enough for me, or for whoever's buying it :lol

This, that cover is iconic. Honestly a dirty variant mutant leader is just icing on the cake.

Ahem.

yQDLdfg.jpg

Ahem

9D7E0947-9CE4-4E92-BDBE-5D2D0D54938F.gif_zps1mf5gfdd.jpeg

Right after the fight in the book.

That picture reminds me the oval should be mucchhhh bigger which the original prototypes had...... Brace yourselves for the "bigger oval bat symbol variant"

Also mezco reached out and is sending me a replacement head .... So I was dead wrong they are fixing it.... Maybe I'm just jaded after dealing with certain "other" companies

The cover is also supposed to represent the fight, so it's accurate.
Did you read my statement????:slap

I said it's accurate to the cover

It's accurate to the cover but not to the book. Since it's supposed to represent the fight in the book, I would still say the suit is inaccurate. Still a nice set and worth the purchase.

It's NOT accurate to the book. The SET is supposed to represent the fight in the book. In case you didn't notice, the mutant leader doesn't appear on the cover...duh

Ahem

9D7E0947-9CE4-4E92-BDBE-5D2D0D54938F.gif_zps1mf5gfdd.jpeg

Right after the fight in the book.

Ahem

I thought Miller Bats has a metal plate behind his yellow bat symbol? The purpose of the yellow symbol was to

a) distract gunfire away from innocent people

b) direct bullets to the strongest point of the suit. (metal plate)

However, in this picture there seems to be no metal plating behind the bat symbol.

So - I think the book itself is inaccurate. Which makes the whole accuracy discussion pretty pointless in my opinion.

Spoiler Spoiler:

TLDR: It can't be inaccurate to something it doesn't aim to represent, which is the look of the interior art, so you're wrong, duh duh :slap:thwak:duh

Fellas, fellas, fellas! I urge you to hug it out and please remember the code of conduct :lol:lol:lol

But seriously, here's my take. It's not accurate, but to me it's all good because it doesn't bother me enough not to buy it.

What we got was a mix of ideas from what's shown in the pages at the fight, and the Triumphant cover. It's a muddied up version of the cover which isn't accurate because the cover suit is clean. The suit worn at the fight had the yellow symbol and the slashes ran horizontally which differs from the cover.

I'm assuming (and hoping) we got this sort of mash up because they are trying to roll two iconic looks in one figure because they won't be doing another variant close to this. Now if this was 1/6 for $225+ I'd be more concerned with the idealization, but the 2 for 1 in this case is fine for my liking.

Now if they make an Antarctica Comic Con EX of a dead on Triumphant or 1st fight, then I'll be b__chin'

Spoiler Spoiler:

TLDR: It can't be inaccurate to something it doesn't aim to represent, which is the look of the interior art, so you're wrong, duh duh :slap:thwak:duh

The suit is accurate to the design of the cover. As it pertains to the set, it's inaccurate to the scene it's supposed to represent. THE SET is supposed to represent the scene in the book. In that regard, the suit IS in fact inaccurate. Just let it go buddy...clearly we don't see eye to eye here :cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellas, fellas, fellas! I urge you to hug it out and please remember the code of conduct :lol:lol:lol

But seriously, here's my take. It's not accurate, but to me it's all good because it doesn't bother me enough not to buy it.

What we got was a mix of ideas from what's shown in the pages at the fight, and the Triumphant cover. It's a muddied up version of the cover which isn't accurate because the cover suit is clean. The suit worn at the fight had the yellow symbol and the slashes ran horizontally which differs from the cover.

I'm assuming (and hoping) we got this sort of mash up because they are trying to roll two iconic looks in one figure because they won't be doing another variant close to this. Now if this was 1/6 for $225+ I'd be more concerned with the idealization, but the 2 for 1 in this case is fine for my liking.

Now if they make an Antarctica Comic Con EX of a dead on Triumphant or 1st fight, then I'll be b__chin'

Agreed. At least someone here makes sense.

I get your point, but accuracy is gradual no? Hence the costume itself is highly accurate to the cover, hell, it even has the cracked lips headsculpt, the mud stains are inaccuracies.

I hope so too, they need to move on at this point, they got their variants, acknowledged the demand, time to crank new stuff, bring on Superman!!!

The suit is accurate to the design of the cover. As it pertains to the set, it's inaccurate to the scene it's supposed to represent. THE SET is supposed to represent the scene in the book. In that regard, the suit IS in fact inaccurate. Just let it go buddy...clearly we don't see eye to eye here :cuckoo:
Sigh, we're going in circles that quick? Just read my previous post again, you're still wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back