Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the DKR issue on the elbow and fabric. Great post and very helpful from Libby. Hope it resolves.

I have a similar torture - i popped the cape on my PX version. I have the thread and other stuff ready to go but struggle to figure out best way to remove the cowl piece so i can properly reattach the cape to that small hole in front of cowl neck section. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Libby for the suggestions, but that's exactly what I was attempting to do when I messed it up!

Got the glove section very pliable but just could NOT get that peg out and the more I tried the more I messed it up.

I know there are several people here that were successful. When this was the only One:12 available people were doing customs and part swaps like crazy. I think I just lack the skills and dexterity to pull it off.

When you change his boots, you can see that that fabric goes all the way to the joint and it held there firmly. I'm guessing glued in place.

Can anyone who's managed to get DKR Batman's glove/gauntlets off conform that the fabric is supposed to be glued around he wrist peg?

Thanks guys!

oh okay ,does the glove rotate if so it will separate ,but fully understand your reluctance to go all out on this and risk making it worse only other way i can think of would be to warm it up and bend and stretch the gap between glove and arm and push the fabric in the gap and carefully and i mean really carefully apply a tiny bit of glue on a toothpick to the fabric and peg let it dry and repeat at the other side ,warming ,stretching pushing and gluing and drying before closing the gap and moving on ,would take a while but with care and patience and being sparing with the glue ,should hold the fabric in place and not hinder the rotation of the glove

anyway good luck i hope you can find away to be happy with it again cheers

Sorry to hear about the DKR issue on the elbow and fabric. Great post and very helpful from Libby. Hope it resolves.

I have a similar torture - i popped the cape on my PX version. I have the thread and other stuff ready to go but struggle to figure out best way to remove the cowl piece so i can properly reattach the cape to that small hole in front of cowl neck section. Any advice is appreciated.

hi matt not sure i fully understand your damage issue ,im guessing the cape has come adrift from the figure ,
if so i would warm the figure up and carefully but firmly remove the head and then the neck section from the body ,i dont have the dark knight figure but i would expect its construction to be similar to the bvs batman ,

41576016695_745f7611c5_z.jpg

as you can see there are attachment points on the underside neck piece , im surmising this is where the cape tore away from the figure ,i suggest if this is the case use double sided tape to the underside of the neck section to reattach the cape ,tape means you can move it around until you have it exactly how you want it ,then a couple of spots of glue will make it permanent if required while the tape holds it in place,when dry ,warm up the neck post and pop it back on ,

hope this helps ,warming these figure up is the key to disassembly and firm and careful is the way alway hold close to the separation point as when soft it will pop apart sometime where you dont want it to ,

let me know if i guessed right about your problem and if not get back to me ,alway happy to help if i can

I have let my Batman figure alone for now, but you guys are all obsessive collectors like me, so I'm sure you can understand how it's just eating me up every time I look at it. I mean, just standing there, it looks fine, but I KNOW it's "imperfect"...you know?

I look at it and I'm like Tommy here

So I gave my DKR figures a good dusting yesterday. And on the black "regular" version I saw something I'd dreaded.....the fabric poking out from under his right glove.

I shoved it back in with a hobby scrwewdriver...but it kept coming out.

Why....why couldn't I have just left it alone? I used a head gun to try to pry the wrist peg balljoint off....no good...all I did was mangle the damn thing. And his elbow is all loosey goosey now. I was trying to get the entire glove off, glue the damn fabric in place, and put it back on. But I couldn't get the glove or balljoint off and all I was was make it worse.

****!!!!

Use you imagination to think of what four letter word that just got censored.

I consider this guy the crown jewel of my Dark Knight collection and one of my favorites of ALL of my toys. And now I look at him with his gimpy arm and the fabric still all bunched up and I'm so mad at myself I just wanna barf. Obviously replacing it is not an option. So I guess I'll just have to live with it.

I'll just live with ruining one of my favorite toys ever. Goddamnit.

You know what's the saddest thing? It's super easy to fix.

>Heat up the elbow
>pop the gauntlet
>sew the sleeve's end to tighten it to the peg, any sewing point will do, a quick tutorial will do the job.
>pop the gauntlet back in

If it's salvageable I'd say give it another go, roll up the sleeve (it's not gonna go back down on its own anyway), heat the **** out of the glove to pop it off.

At least you didn't do what I did. I had this figure in my hand at my local comic shop and told them to hold it. Then I decided I didn't want it. I'm kicking myself in the a** for that dumb decision. :cuckoo::slap:gah:

I'd be kicking myself too :toilet_cl

I would love to have to AK Batman Day version but I just can't bring myself to pay eBay prices again after I paid $200 for Knightmare Batman. Now if I find one for a reasonable price, I might reconsider

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered one :panic: Me being a fan of mostly black/tactical suits, I couldn't resist and I can't wait to see it :thud:

You know what's the saddest thing? It's super easy to fix.

>Heat up the elbow
>pop the gauntlet
>sew the sleeve's end to tighten it to the peg, any sewing point will do, a quick tutorial will do the job.
>pop the gauntlet back in

If it's salvageable I'd say give it another go, roll up the sleeve (it's not gonna go back down on its own anyway), heat the **** out of the glove to pop it off.

I yanked and yanked and couldn't get that gauntlet off.

But I know I won't leave well enough alone....I'll probably try again very soon cause it's just bugging the hell out of me.

If you heat the gauntlet up with something hotter, like boiling water, it will pop off. I would just be wary of the heat source or any sort of steam hitting that chest bat emblem.

Yeah it sounds like it wasn't warm/hot enough to pop off. That has happened to me when popping off Marvel Legends pieces. If it starts to pull and not come off, I stop immediately and heat up some more.

The only Mez issue I've had so far was the sleeve seam coming apart on my Flash. So I understand that frantic reaction. I showed it to my sister and she said it would be five minutes for her to fix (she has sewn/knitted/crocheted her whole life), so she took him for an extended stay at her house. I'm sure he'll be back next time we visit.

It's a little frustrating that we treat these things like gold only to have issues, but at least it's not commonplace.

I just had to take one more crack at fixing it.

I'm sure you would all do the same, right?

I took all your advice and realllllly blasted the right glove/gauntlet with the heat gun til the plastic was super soft and to my amazement this time it came off! Along with the peg!

The sleeve was really badly frayed of course from my terrible attempts at fixing it. I cut off the worst loose strands and used hobby glue to secure what's left of the sleeve fabric as close as possible to the wrist. As for the looser elbow joint, I just figured i'd have to live with that. With the sleeve restreched into position I re-attached the glove and peg.

Is it good as new? No. Is it a hell of a lot better than before? Yes. I'm hoping I can resist any further temptation to mess with it and just leave it the way it is. With the hands on the peg, you don't really see any of the damage I did to the ball joint, and the glove seems to have retained its original shape after cooling. He can still hold the pistol. But the main thing is, unless you really go looking for it, that bare gray plastic elbow is no longer visible and that's what was driving me nuts.

In other words, to a layman, they'd never notice there was any problem whatsoever. To the annal collectors like us that freak out, yeah, you notice the fraying in some of the fabric but it's pretty minimal and certainly better than before, so I really hope at this point I can just be "satisfied" and not make any more "attempts" at fixing what's honestly not broken.

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys!

When have people started to hear about waitlist conversions in the past, before or not till after the figure ships? I hopped on for Joker I think the same day but I realize they are pretty stingy with conversions.

I think some people had conversions for the Batman Day Arkham Knight variant. Think I read about it either on fwoosh or Instagram, but that would also be the first time I remember it happening.

To be honest, I’ve never heard/read of any Mezco conversions. This is the only forum site I frequent so my exposure is limited...Facebook groups probably know better.

I had one that converted before, however, it was the exclusive Deadpool figure. It wasn't as popular as the Batman figs though.

I had the Deadpool convert as well as the regular punisher convert. Punisher was an exciting day for me.

I have three waitlist right now including black AK, joker and death stroke. But I’m giving up hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back