Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always thought 12 inch figures were too big....3 3/4 too small. Like Goldilocks, I think the 6 inch scale is juuuust right. Ever since it emerged as the industry standard for a little while, I've been happy.

Space and cost are factors for sure. And the fragility of some of the 1/6th stuff. Not to mention that lingering stigma of the past that 12 inch figures with clothes are DOLLS. Well...they are.

What Mezco has done here just fits my collecting preferences like a glove. I'm already making dream lists of properties and characters I want them to do next!

For me, they already have the 2 licenses I am going to eat up in this scale: Star Trek.... and Burton's Batman.

Oh... and one more way that this has it over a Hot Toys- It is REALLY easy to switch hands. It may seem minor, but when you are doing photos it can be REALLY frustrating being stuck with those 4 little (and super-breakable) wrist pegs that Hot Toys includes for a multitude of hands. I would sometimes have to take a break and warm up water just to switch the peg out into another hand. And I find myself never switching them while on display because it just too risky to break that peg. With this Mez figure, the wrist peg stays with the arm, and the hands pull off without much effort. It was a very pleasant experience. :)

Sallah

I've always thought 12 inch figures were too big....3 3/4 too small. Like Goldilocks, I think the 6 inch scale is juuuust right. Ever since it emerged as the industry standard for a little while, I've been happy.

You can't beat 1/6 for presence, but I prefer the versatility and playability of 1/12 for display options, photography, storage options, etc.

I don't think it's possible to choose one over the other. My three favourite collectibles are all 1/6 and mainly because their presence at that size really sells the paint, sculpt details and finish in ways smaller pieces can't.

But 1/6...perhaps more so than 1/12...suffers from a law of diminishing returns in the sense that this iconic presence appears to weaken if they aren't displayed with plenty of negative space and the visuals dilute each other if you have too many in close proximity. This is partly a matter of taste, but I do think a well done display of 1/6 collectibles requires more time, money and careful planning to maximize their impact.

They are less "toys" and occupy some middle ground between statuary, models and dolls. In this sense 1/12 retain more of their toy/action figure DNA and with it a sort of lighthearted and more playful presence maybe.

Space and cost are factors for sure. And the fragility of some of the 1/6th stuff. Not to mention that lingering stigma of the past that 12 inch figures with clothes are DOLLS. Well...they are.

What Mezco has done here just fits my collecting preferences like a glove. I'm already making dream lists of properties and characters I want them to do next!

I love this Batman as a one-off...I'm excited to see what they'll do with other characters and styles.

Last edited:
great pics sallah im getting all of them!

why is the belt and face black and white? the pictures in the show room the figure has some color , the belt is yellow and face has some degree of color too?

Last edited:
great pics sallah im getting all of them!

why is the belt and face black and white? the pictures in the show room the figure has some color , the belt is yellow and face has some degree of color too?

Thanks!

This is the special Toy Fair limited black & white version, not the standard release. :)

Sallah

Love the shots Sallah! :clap

That one with Robin is off the chain!

For me, though I'm happy with the ones I ordered. I guess when it comes to it. B & W in that form is not my favorite.

But obviously Mezco struck this out of the park in creating a fantastic concept and new breed of a 6" figure for a great price.

the more pictures i see the better this figure looks (great shots sallah by the way!).

The picture with Robin demands that he be displayed with a carrie figure though. might have to ebay a DC direct?

Figure looks so good. Thanks for the pics.

So who's next in this line? Is this a line?

I would love to get all 3 of these. They would look great displayed all together. Like others I dont remember the dark blue and grey non oval version showing up in the comics.

It really depends on how you feel about shading... Is the blue shading here, or is the black?

image.jpg

Sallah

Yeah its all over the place. A lot of times its even a charcoal grey (which I kind of want to repaint). I think the first time I saw it outright interpreted in that blue shade was when TNBA did their Dark Knight Returns segment.

I may be the minority but I actually like the blue variant. In comics the shades are usually black but at times it shows that it is actually blue. Same goes for the Hush series. Or maybe it changes on his mood?

Back