Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, GL suit doesn't look great. I'll still get it though. Why can't they just do the JL animated series suit? So much better

Couldn't possibly agree with Difabio more.

The DKR figures debuted at SDCC in 2014 and it was like a game changer. As if every action figure from that point on would be judged by what Mezco was gonna do. And they were great. And Judge Dredd was great. And then..........they just started sucking.

I honestly think there must be something to the theory that they simply CAN'T do the versions we want. A license thing. It has to be. Cause there's no other reason to make such dumb Mez flaired crap. Probably DKR was under the radar and once Mattel caught wind of it they had a holy conniption fit. That's my theory anyway.

The only reason I can't think of why we don't have the world's best 6 inch 1989 Batman and Batmobile: Mattel just won't let them. Cause then who'd buy their turd figures?

The only reason I can't think of why we don't have the world's best 6 inch 1989 Batman and Batmobile: Mattel just won't let them. Cause then who'd buy their turd figures?

Mattel doesn't care about Batman 89 anymore. I'm sure the MezFlair figures are the easiest (and cheapest) to make, since they don't need to worry about licenses and likeness rights.

Last edited:
Couldn't possibly agree with Difabio more.

The DKR figures debuted at SDCC in 2014 and it was like a game changer. As if every action figure from that point on would be judged by what Mezco was gonna do. And they were great. And Judge Dredd was great. And then..........they just started sucking.

I honestly think there must be something to the theory that they simply CAN'T do the versions we want. A license thing. It has to be. Cause there's no other reason to make such dumb Mez flaired crap. Probably DKR was under the radar and once Mattel caught wind of it they had a holy conniption fit. That's my theory anyway.

That’s because they can’t. It’s funny that fanboys always seem to think that companies like Sideshow and Mezco are just doing this to deny nerds comic book accurate toys.

Well.. I like the Batsuit lol

I think GL looks awesome too, but prolly not gonna drop 80 on him unless his accessories are insane. Id also need a Sinestro confirmation.

Not sure why all the hate. It seems like a lot of you guys hyped up a Keaton Bats but the fact is thats just not what was in the works. Ive heard that getting Keatons license is a pain, so maybe thats what happened. It also probably has to do with Mattel, who are pretty bad with licensing too.

I for one like their Mezflair, I think it adds a little extra spice to the designs and makes these figures really stands out from all the others. Idk, I mean how many straight up Black and grey yellow oval/no yellow oval Batmans do we need? I like that they are doing their own interpretations of things and again I feel like the suit looks really cool. It looks like it will reflect light in a very unique way and I like that the lines kind of outline the muscle structure.

Also, are we just not gonna talk about Flash? Because he looks solid as well.

POW! That is great, definitely a PO. Yes we'd all like true comic version Batman but this is great nonetheless. A Keaton in a rubber suit would have limited articulation. Take it from someone who has worn the Panther batsuit. :wink1:

I'd like to see pics

O51wc1c.gif

Ill get it

Yeah, GL suit doesn't look great. I'll still get it though. Why can't they just do the JL animated series suit? So much better

I agree--I would prefer JL version, but will get this one!!! Maybe they'll do JL version as well? I'd get both!!!

I like the Stewart GL they are doing gives it that suit design some uniqueness and reminds me of the JL animated style John Stewart. But Stewart is my least favorite GL . It will always be Hal for me so I might pass

On the fence about GL, too much MezFlair, Batman...here’s to hoping for a good PX exclusive and Darkseid and Joker DX. Those are the only two I’m definitely buying.

Marvel offerings are much more exciting.

Why does batman have three different cowls there?? The short ear is the best looking with the ugliest mouth [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm definitely glad the Sovereign Knight Batman comes with more head sculpts because the expression on the one they've been showing off reminds me of this:
Butt-head.jpg
Hopefully they'll allow us to swap the expressions and the cowls like Sideshow did.

As for the costume, I don't generally mind their unique takes on characters but this time I think they went overboard with the tacticool lines. I mean, he has like a half dozen on each arm alone. If they reduced them to just the ones that separate the different textures on the costume and maybe some of the ones that separate the different parts of the body it'd look better while retaining the style look. Yet as it is all those lines combined with the smaller lines created by the chainmail mesh texture they use just makes it look too busy and loud.

Lastly, hasn't their Darkseid been in development for a while? I wonder why it's still 'pending licensor approval' whereas the punk Joker isn't.

I get sad whenever I open this thread on the first page by accident, see that awesome TDKR Bats, and then go to the last page and see the latest Mezflair.

Back