Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At SDCC, I sarcastically asked Pierre if I'd see their ONE:12 Keaton Batman before I died. He said "when do you plan on dying", I said "in about a year". He said I'd be pretty happy and to not just expect Keaton, implying there would be more. I tried pushing for more info, but got nothing. It was vague, but it was something.

If that is for a one:12 Catwoman, sign me up. If it's living dead doll or mez-it's **** though, **** it.

Maybe NY Toyfair then... Lets hope atleast thats all I care about in regards to Mezco is thier Keaton and other Batman 89/Returns related figures. And thier Michael Myers.

I was right!

View attachment 373194

Heeyyyyy, can I smell a turd or what?!?

Yup, you called it.

Maaaaaaaaan. :lol

Maybe NY Toyfair then... Lets hope atleast thats all I care about in regards to Mezco is thier Keaton and other Batman 89/Returns related figures. And thier Michael Myers.

If there's nothing at Toy Fair or SDCC 2018, screw it all.

I'm still waiting for Prime 1 to reveal their 1:3 statue that was teased in 2015. Instead they just keep pumping out dozens and dozens of Arkham video game statues. It's crazy.

Yup, you called it.

Maaaaaaaaan. [emoji38]

If there's nothing at Toy Fair or SDCC 2018, screw it all.

I'm still waiting for Prime 1 to reveal their 1:3 statue that was teased in 2015. Instead they just keep pumping out dozens and dozens of Arkham video game statues. It's crazy.
Yep and most of it its the AK shut do Asylum that's the best one IMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of giving up this line, I've really enjoyed some of the figures but this shipping schedule along with them releasing highly desired classic versions as limited exclusives and now this: Superman and Batman, the two main cornerstones of DC (Ascending or not) looking to be fails...and let's not forget the screwing we are taking with this new version of the Joker we SHOULD have gotten the first time around.....I dunno, I've got to get rid of a collection for space and money issues and right now this is looking like the one. It's disheartening...toy wise anyways.

I'm thinking of giving up this line, I've really enjoyed some of the figures but this shipping schedule along with them releasing highly desired classic versions as limited exclusives and now this: Superman and Batman, the two main cornerstones of DC (Ascending or not) looking to be fails...and let's not forget the screwing we are taking with this new version of the Joker we SHOULD have gotten the first time around.....I dunno, I've got to get rid of a collection for space and money issues and right now this is looking like the one. It's disheartening...toy wise anyways.

I agree with your criticisms, all valid. I personally have absolutely no qualms passing on their crappy interpretations. I just cannot, for the life of me, understand why they think their designs are a better idea than giving us ACTUAL definitive takes, ala TDKR Batman. I am strictly a DC guy (other than Dredd), and I'm not parting with my hard earned money for something that I struggle to justify. I would have bought Arsenal if they had just released a GA that actually featured an accurate costume. I also passed on the first Joker because it didn't check the right boxes for me, but I'll be very happy to give them my money for the MDX.

I own Shazam and Flash out of their DC Universe license right now. I only bought Flash after seeing in hand photos because he looked fun and actually passes as Wally (even though Barry is my Flash). Now if they want to do an MDX Flash at some point with no f-ing chinstrap and an authentic belt I'm game, or an MDX Superman with better...everything? Lol

The only other pre order I have right now is Black Adam. But I'm looking forward to Catwoman and Darkseid. I can handle the slight, slight tweaks but yeah, the Superman and Batman are way too far gone for me.

I had a deal on the BvS Supes and it's actually a great figure! Far from perfect but far from all the hate and "meh" comments I have red and heard. Even moreso now that I know how the comics Superman looks like. My, to think I almost passed on that one! I'm super happy to have him.

I guess Mezco is yet another frustrating brand, like Sideshow, who ***** around and mess things up, but sometimes deliver good ol' hits to bring you back in the game. I hate them. :lol

After seeing the new Superman, I considered getting BvS Supes, but I will wait for the JL version, I'm sure it will be an improvement over the BvS version.

I agree with your criticisms, all valid. I personally have absolutely no qualms passing on their crappy interpretations. I just cannot, for the life of me, understand why they think their designs are a better idea than giving us ACTUAL definitive takes, ala TDKR Batman. I am strictly a DC guy (other than Dredd), and I'm not parting with my hard earned money for something that I struggle to justify. I would have bought Arsenal if they had just released a GA that actually featured an accurate costume. I also passed on the first Joker because it didn't check the right boxes for me, but I'll be very happy to give them my money for the MDX.

I own Shazam and Flash out of their DC Universe license right now. I only bought Flash after seeing in hand photos because he looked fun and actually passes as Wally (even though Barry is my Flash). Now if they want to do an MDX Flash at some point with no f-ing chinstrap and an authentic belt I'm game, or an MDX Superman with better...everything? Lol

The only other pre order I have right now is Black Adam. But I'm looking forward to Catwoman and Darkseid. I can handle the slight, slight tweaks but yeah, the Superman and Batman are way too far gone for me.

I'm 100% with you! The only Mezco figure I have is the PX Exclusive TDKR Batman and I've barely been tempted by any of the other figures they've shown or released since then.

But if they made a Year One Batman? Bought!

A Jim Lee Batman? Bought!

A Greg Capullo Batman? Bought!

A classic light blue/yellow oval 70s Batman? Bought!

An actual first appearance Batman? Bought Bought Bought!

The list goes on and on...

I'm 100% with you! The only Mezco figure I have is the PX Exclusive TDKR Batman and I've barely been tempted by any of the other figures they've shown or released since then.

But if they made a Year One Batman? Bought!

A Jim Lee Batman? Bought!

A Greg Capullo Batman? Bought!

A classic light blue/yellow oval 70s Batman? Bought!

An actual first appearance Batman? Bought Bought Bought!

The list goes on and on...

Right now that PX TDKR is the greatest figure I've ever owned. Just wow. Maybe I was silly to think they'd really knock us all dead with continued awesomeness forever.

After seeing the new Superman, I considered getting BvS Supes, but I will wait for the JL version, I'm sure it will be an improvement over the BvS version.

Do you know for sure they are doing the whole Justice League line up?

I'm just want them to put him up 2017-NYCC-Mezco39__scaled_600.jpg

I wish I could get my Sideshow points back for Superman. So far, this looks way different from the proto pics which is the reason I ordered it. I'm hoping it won't look as bad in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did exactly that. After a struggle to get the figures, the excess of variants and exclusives (not being in the US was making everything even harder) made me sell most of them (I had 18 when I decided to sell).

Some reviews with "nibbles" on the spandex of some figures drove my OCD crazy as well, which contributed to my decision of dropping most of their comics versions.

In the end, I decided to keep only my BvS figures and intend on getting their cinematic / TV only (and if they decide to create some crazy variant that wasn't on the source material, I'll pass).
I know some of them might have the same spandex problems, but at least is a smaller investment if I get disappointed.

Although their delays don't bother me much now (only waiting on Harley atm), I would be going crazy if I was still trying to organize my figure funds with their erratic planning.

Also, on a side note, does anyone thinks it's strange that more than half the collection are variants and exclusives? That seems so odd to me.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that they are blowing an excellent market opportunity with some strange "strategies".

Back