Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up BvS Batman last month. Vowed I wasn't going to get into this line and the pictures never completely sold me but seeing him in person when I was in NYC last month blew me away! Just ordered Superman this morning to go with him now that UK stores finally have him

Think this might become my main line for the DCEU, won't go as deep as Mafex but they look great. Plus there's the tantalising prospect of MCU figures to go with them in matching scale and style. I'm gonna be so broke :lol

Got 2 figures wired, easier than I thought.

Picture 052.jpg

Picture 049.jpg

Picture 048.jpg

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 218
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 217
How do you wrap the cape around it? Textile glue or do you stitch it?

Edit: Nvm I saw the glue :lol how's the finish? Good, is there residue or something? I want to try this for my custom capes.

Hmmm, the last 2 photos are not supposed to be there, but I can't seem to get rid of them. Anyway, the last photo just shows that wire I used. It's using just one single wire that goes from one end of the cape to another.

BE careful on the glue that you use, as it can show dark spots if not careful. I used a heat gun to warm up the glue on Superman's collar and very carefully pried it off. Be very careful using the heat gun is it CAN destroy the entire thing if not careful. As a precaution, I had my fingers around the area and whatever heat my fingers can withstand is enough to warm up the glue and not destroy any of the material. Batman was much easier and more cleaner.

How do you wrap the cape around it? Textile glue or do you stitch it?

Edit: Nvm I saw the glue :lol how's the finish? Good, is there residue or something? I want to try this for my custom capes.

I deliberately showed the last photo with Supes to show that excessive glue will bleed through and appear as a dark smudge but it is possible to keep it clean. I used the gel loctite and really requires minimal glue. I put the glue on the cape about 2 inches at a time and simply wrapped the cape material around the wire. If the glue beads on the wire, it is likely excessive already, I think the best result will occur if you are able to put a slight glistening of gel glue on the wire, then wrap the cloth around it or practice it on something before doing it on your figure.

The hardest part is on superman when I had to lift the material off his collar. I did this to glue the wire onto the collar and hide it under the material once again. The two ends of his cape that is attached to the front is never removed in the entire process.

Last edited:
There anyone here who has Flash and or Daredevil and also has the Trek figures? I'm curious if they use the same body.

The flash and DD have double jointed elbows and the trek figures don't...I think joker is built on a trek body. I think flash and DD are on a different body more muscular body...that's what it looks like to me

Back