Mezco Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may have been discussed somewhere on the board already but why are all these other companies sensible enough to use DoD's theatrical release as occasion to make figures from the classic movies while Hot Toys goes and makes just 80 year old Indy? Are they under some kind of mandate from Disney that the other companies aren't?

It may have been discussed somewhere on the board already but why are all these other companies sensible enough to use DoD's theatrical release as occasion to make figures from the classic movies while Hot Toys goes and makes just 80 year old Indy? Are they under some kind of mandate from Disney that the other companies aren't?
I just figured it was poor decision making. 🤷‍♂️

I just figured it was poor decision making. 🤷‍♂️
Very poor, if so. Surely they should have learnt by now that new films in these old franchises are rarely well received and most people would far rather get new figures from the established, classic movies.

You would think, right?
We do give HT the benefit of the doubt; it's got to be some contractual thing. If so, how are these other companies by-passing that obligation?

Maybe it's a sixth scale thing. Anything but 1:6 can get figures from the classics but at 1:6 Disney are only allowing current movie representation. Why this would be a requirement I don't know. Just speculating based on the apparent reality that Hasbro, Mezco, Figuarts and statue makers are all doing the sensible thing and tackling Raiders, Temple and Crusade whilst Hot Toys so far is only doing DoD.

Maybe it's a sixth scale thing. Anything but 1:6 can get figures from the classics but at 1:6 Disney are only allowing current movie representation. Why this would be a requirement I don't know. Just speculating based on the apparent reality that Hasbro, Mezco, Figuarts and statue makers are all doing the sensible thing and tackling Raiders, Temple and Crusade whilst Hot Toys so far is only doing DoD.

Probably because Hot Toys knows they can double-dip. People who are desperate for Indiana Jones will buy the DoD version, and wait for a Raiders version. Conversely, if they release a Raiders 2.0 first, that will satisfy demand for an Indy, and people are less likely to buy DoD.

Some will buy the DoD just for parts, they want a new jacket, pants, whip, what have you. So, they'll kitbash a Raiders version, then buy the official release later on.

I PO'd the Indy - it looks great, nice presentation. The Toht will be a must when it goes it (that is, if Wor-Gar doesn't hoard them all :D )

I picked up the POA Zaius back in the day...it's the best figure representation of that ole' orangutan out there, and this Indy looks pretty cool too.

Wor-Gar is up for preorder on 8/23

F4KLsvJXsAAZTF2

No mention of it being a Mezco Exclusive.

Seems weirdly backwards to make Indy himself an exclusive but having Toht being a regular release.

No mention of it being a Mezco Exclusive.

Seems weirdly backwards to make Indy himself an exclusive but having Toht being a regular release.
I didn't think Indy was an exclusive. He's available on BBTS.

Wor-Gar is up for preorder on 8/23

F4KLsvJXsAAZTF2
God damn does everything included make this such an awesome package. 4 sculpts showing the full range of his melted face. The Ark being included + a ghost. Wish we could get even a fraction of this stuff in 1/6.

This plus their Raider Indy is super tempting but I really don't want to get into 1/12 scale figures. Another line to worry about. :lol

fdtwH3P.jpg
4uwd6sl.jpg

LxDGPTY.jpg
NtOdXCX.jpg

bzrfrbK.jpg
lJ0g5hf.jpg

Yeah that looks incredible. Damn I really didn't want to go in on this line lol. It makes zero sense this is a regular release, I know they'll do another Indy but wouldn't you figure that one is the iconic look? I would almost guarantee if you put in a waitlist order for Indy now Mezco will fulfill it.

I definitely didn't catch it the first figure that Lucasfilm is forcing the name of the movie. It definitely sounds weird to have it in a sentence like that "Includes multiple head portraits to recreate iconic scenes from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark!"

Back