Media Metal Gear Survive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not even about zombies. It's about the fact that this is a "let's just release a seperate full-price product with toilet paper thin story and make it a zombie stealth/horde one because that's what people like these days" kind of thing.

You just described the main game :lol

giphy.gif

I'll say again, I'm under no illusions of what this game is. But... what came before it wasn't anything magnificent so I can't really say that this tarnishes anything. I know you're not saying that. I don't know if this is online only or whatever. But for $30 or so dollars, it still offers way more replay value than Ground Zeroes. And probably the main game as well. Sure it takes like 100 hours to complete everything, but I've never, ever had desire to go back into it again. Where as I have a few old online games I still go back to that are pretty old that somehow still have servers. Not saying this will be that, but in light of what's going on in gaming, I wouldn't be surprised this makes money. It's kinda like Umbrella Corps, but I don't see this being the turd burger that was.

Ugh, Metal Gear.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit, TBH. :D
Same :D them MG fans!
I'm being honest that it doesn't look as bad as I expected. But yes, I partly want it to be successful just to see them have to bend over a barrel and take it. If it's ****, it's ****. But if it does turn out really bad, I just hope it gets worse :lol

It isn't like the series had any credibility left anyway.

And I wouldn't worry about me, I fully see this turning a profit despite all these hornet ****ing "fans" with their Kojima Phantom Peen Zombies > Survive Zombies level idiocy.

They prefer bringing men back in speedos and more man on man crotch grabs :lecture
MG fans got them priorities yo, don't question them! But yeah, seeing this be successful would be hilarious.
I won't get the game (unless it's damn good) but I can say that it surely doesn't deserve the hash tag hate campaign since it looks like it's the same game as MGSV, except with zombies. Resident Evil fans have seen worse, much worse, but they just brush it off and ignore it.
And why RE fans do that is beyond me but no doubt they've seen worse. Though I do know people despise the Gun Survivor games...hmm. But then there's RE6 as P_A would say :lol

Same :D them MG fans!MG fans got them priorities yo, don't question them! But yeah, seeing this be successful would be hilarious.And why RE fans do that is beyond me but no doubt they've seen worse. Though I do know people despise the Gun Survivor games...hmm. But then there's RE6 as P_A would say :lol

Those Gun Survivor games are atrocious. I was watching Carcinogen playing GS1 and 2... oof.

I only played the PS1 survivor, I kinda liked it, it wasn't arcade-y, it was the same thing as a regular RE just in first person and it looked fantastic for PS1. also I made my mind to finally finish the first three RE games right after I finish Dino Crisis and Alone in the Dark.

If they really wanted they could've finished MGSV and sell the extra chapter(s), if they were going to re-use assets and everything.

I just hope we get the MG remakes eventually.

I just hope we get some good talent in the director's chair if they do pursue gaming. Which this game seems to contradict the statement that they weren't.

I remember renting Gun Survivor from Blockbuster :pow
You poor soul.
I only played the PS1 survivor, I kinda liked it, it wasn't arcade-y, it was the same thing as a regular RE just in first person and it looked fantastic for PS1. also I made my mind to finally finish the first three RE games right after I finish Dino Crisis and Alone in the Dark.

If they really wanted they could've finished MGSV and sell the extra chapter(s), if they were going to re-use assets and everything.

I just hope we get the MG remakes eventually.
lol no

Kingdom of the Flies was ****** enough watching it on the Blu Ray. Chapter 3 should of been all about the Metal Gear Fire Whale.

They should have never released information about Chapter 3 really, that just made things so much worse

You just described the main game :lol

I'll say again, I'm under no illusions of what this game is. But... what came before it wasn't anything magnificent so I can't really say that this tarnishes anything.
All of these, honestly. It's a cash-grab duh, but I honestly couldn't care less at this point. If by some miracle it turns out to be a fun brainless zombie shooter then why not? It's not as if MGS didn't already jump the shark with MGSV. On a similar note, people screaming "zombies in my Metal Gear?!" somehow forgot that The Skulls aka Bondage Zombie Unit and Mr. "Burning Man" already existed. :lol

Honestly I would rep your posts if I knew how. :monkey3

All of these, honestly. It's a cash-grab duh, but I honestly couldn't care less at this point. If by some miracle it turns out to be a fun brainless zombie shooter then why not? It's not as if MGS didn't already jump the shark with MGSV. On a similar note, people screaming "zombies in my Metal Gear?!" somehow forgot that The Skulls aka Bondage Zombie Unit and Mr. "Burning Man" already existed. :lol

Also, remember the "zombie" soldiers at the end of Act 2 in MGS 4? :lol

You see, with this fanbase if Kojima calls out something you need to stand behind his statement and not acknowledge any of the same nonsense he's done over the years. Are you new here? :monkey3

Also, remember the "zombie" soldiers at the end of Act 2 in MGS 4? :lol

And it's not explained at all why they attack you when in that matter... they all should just be convulsing on the ground.

Plus there's the spirits of the dead like The Sorrow and the zombies/ghosts of all the enemies you killed in MGS 3 :lol and let's not forget for a while we though the spirit of Liquid took over Ocelot's arm! You could count Gray Fox maybe since he was nearly dead, and so on....

Back