Metal Gear Solid Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Produced by Avi Arad and Michael De Luca...

Yep, I expect nothing but utter ****. :lol

If Avi is attached this will suck big time just like those Spiderman movies .

I always knew a film of MGS would be terrible. I'm not a fan of Kojima much these days, but if he's completely done from Konami, he would have no part in this project at all. So this will just turn out to be more Hollywood video game movie drivel.

Hopefully. At most, it should be a CGI film like Advent Children, with the original voice actors.

Kojima allegedly leaving Konami once Phantom Pain is done and dusted, no more KojiPro and now this...

Anyone think this might have something to do with Kojima's possible departure? He announced ages ago that he was partnering with Avi Arad to produce an MGS movie, then everything went quiet. I guess Konami want a multimedia cash cow (because they're idiots and have no idea how to make money domestically or internationally off their own properties, see also: Battle Rondo/Busou Shinki) in the form of the Metal Gear franchise whereas Kojima actually has principals and some degree of artistic integrity to get in the way of all that delicious money.

Kojima allegedly leaving Konami once Phantom Pain is done and dusted, no more KojiPro and now this...

Anyone think this might have something to do with Kojima's possible departure? He announced ages ago that he was partnering with Avi Arad to produce an MGS movie, then everything went quiet. I guess Konami want a multimedia cash cow (because they're idiots and have no idea how to make money domestically or internationally off their own properties, see also: Battle Rondo/Busou Shinki) in the form of the Metal Gear franchise whereas Kojima actually has principals and some degree of artistic integrity to get in the way of all that delicious money.

Japanese gaming devs have completely sacrificed any sliver of integrity the last couple years. Capcom become Electronic Arts, and Konami only has one horse left to run (MGS) after they ran Silent Hill into the ground with failure after failure.

It's for the best I'm sure that Koji is separating for the company to be honest. I honestly wanted him to move on anyway, but in this manner makes me worried that MGS will become as redundant as Assassin's Creed with yearly releases.

I guess Konami want a multimedia cash cow (because they're idiots and have no idea how to make money domestically or internationally off their own properties, see also: Battle Rondo/Busou Shinki) in the form of the Metal Gear franchise whereas Kojima actually has principals and some degree of artistic integrity to get in the way of all that delicious money.

Do you think it has anything to do with MGS costing so much time and money, and it wasn't cost effective? I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm not familiar with Konami's business practices. I really think the series should end with V and there shouldn't be remakes of MG/MG2. I understand the business angle, because people aren't buying new IPs unless they're coming from a well established developer like Naughty Dog. I think it was best Kojima left, but I hope his team is alright.

Not that I'd wish ill on anyone, but if this movie isn't handled with respect, I think they should cancel it. Actor-wise, I don't know if many stars would want to be involved with this project for sake of their careers. If Kojima just wanted to make MG/MG2 into a CGI film, might be neat! I have saves for certain scenes in MGS4, just so I can watch how beautifully animated the cut-scenes are (I love that last fight so much). Plus, I've been using demo theater for MGS3 for years.

Back