Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That head sculpts is out of this world, I should have gotten one. It looks like Elvis forgot some pouches tho. You need two more pistol mag pouches on his left and an IFAK pouch on his right just before the M4 mags.

Why not use the OG holster that came with the figure?

That head sculpts is out of this world, I should have gotten one. It looks like Elvis forgot some pouches tho. You need two more pistol mag pouches on his left and an IFAK pouch on his right just before the M4 mags.

Yeah the sculpt is pretty much spot on, real nice work by Sean.

Yeah I know Seb’s figures is not always fully accurate to the game. But I just love his work. This vest is from the medicom figure I believe, I think he used the most accurate vest available at the time. But who knows lol This is actually the second Old Snake he made. The first one is owned by NeoGeo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the sculpt is pretty much spot on, real nice work by Sean.

Yeah I know Seb’s figures is not always fully accurate to the game. But I just love his work. This vest is from the medicom figure I believe, I think he used the most accurate vest available at the time. But who knows lol This is actually the second Old Snake he made. The first one is owned by NeoGeo

It's not the Medicom vest or it would have been accurate, unless he removed the pouches from it. The Medicom has some issues ( fragile, bad paint, no articulation) but it is accurate.

Why not use the OG holster that came with the figure?

He did?

It's not the Medicom vest or it would have been accurate, unless he removed the pouches from it. The Medicom has some issues ( fragile, bad paint, no articulation) but it is accurate.

He did?

It looks pretty darn close to the medi minus the pouch that’s why I thought it indeed was. But if it’s not I’m not a huge stickler for everything being 100% accurate. I can understand some collectors wanting that though. To each his own I guess lol

d17756ea5b475b2dcb79f0622d5d47ce.jpg

I got the Shawn Dabbs head sculpt but I haven't received it yet, I'll be getting it when I get my mgs2 snake in a few weeks. I just opted to have everything sent at once. Kind of wish I got it painted.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

its not really a big deal, but venom snake doesn't actually use a 1911, the closest I've found to it is the hottoys Indiana jones pistol, the sights are alittle off but that's like it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Pistol-From-Hot-Toys-DX05-Indiana-Jones-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark/172366705256?hash=item2821db3268:g:Y3EAAOSw-CpX9ww4

as for a rifle ive found this one, it doesn't have a suppressor but he doesn't use a suppressor in cut scenes so your good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Y57-22-1-6-scale-action-figure-Belgium-FNC-Assault-rifle/311957706390?hash=item48a220d696:g:yV4AAOSwTUVZtigj

hope that helps.

He does use a 1911 The one u posted is a Browning HP

That's partly true, as many are based on real world firearms. It really bugged me they did that in V where as the rest of the series prided itself on real guns.

That's partly true, as many are based on real world firearms. It really bugged me they did that in V where as the rest of the series prided itself on real guns.

Me too at first. But seeing how different V was I let it go.

I think they did that because of licensing costs of getting the real weapons in

It's obviously supposed to be a Hi Power but its pretty inaccurate. It looks like a variety of pistols molded into one mutant gun. Just like the MRS which looks like a FAL and a MD97 had a mutant off spring. Everything in MGSV is halfbreed mixtures of different weapons which is a shame because the rest of the series had a lot of cool small details about weapons that if you paid enough attention you could notice. The majority being in MGS4, I don't know if they had to pay all those firearms manufacturers but they did an amazing job.

its only actually big boss/naked snake that uses a colt 1911.
and I know that indy pistol isn't perfect but its the closest looking gun ive found to what's in game.

I also think about it often I would love a mgs3 or mgs4 on the ps4 but its Konami man I don't actually see them doing that anytime soon, there too busy making pachinko's and trying to screw with Kojima. but I do gotta admit the posters and promo images for the pachinko's are amazing.

The PS4 doesn’t have the SIXAXIS feature so I doubt it’s possible to port MGS4 to PS4, plus they’ll need to re-record at least two scenes. Thankfully, the game still looks and sounds great to this day. Call me crazy, but I love the graphics more than MGSV.

Riobone sentinel, they came in the mgrr premium package which can be found cheap. They were also sold separately but people are jacking the prices up on them. Theyre called tripods.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think about it a lot actually. Would be truly awesome.

It'll need an update for sure i think. MGSVs controls are too slick to go back from. I think they work perfectly in 4 without throwing off the games balance.

That would buy HARD

Back