Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Firejclawjack

Is it too late to get a beefier body for Venom in the set?

Yea that sucks about the rifle as long as you hothead Hot Toys Raiden figure you're good. He's got the same exact rifle that venom snake mainly uses in the phantom pain. I've been using it for exactly that on my venom snake custom that I did but now that I'm getting this version coming out I'm going to use the rifle for that and turn this customer I have into a bloody version of venom snake after he had to put down his own men in "Shining Light". I think that's what the mission is called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great idea. How cheap can I get a second hand Raiden these days??

Is everyone taking a dump in this thread?

IMG_20171117_103613_243.jpg

View attachment 375258

Started putting together Plisskin. It's suprisingly difficult to find accurate parts. I guess I never really realized how old school this whole get up is untill I started putting it together.

Still need to get it painted obviously and I ordered some better gloves, maybe a different flight suit but I kind of like this one.

mustve missed this! nice job dylan!!! im waiting for the lim toys figure to be parted out so i can get another chest rig, not happy with the one i have on my ip. mines been sitting on the shelf waiting for the head for over a year now.

Thanks! The collar is asymmetrical though and 2 of the pouches are plastic. All the rigging and pouches front and back are accurate though, i even have the walkie on his shoulder. The boots are obviously wrong seeing theres no real set out there, theyre just t2 arnold boots.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There's nothing on the market that's remotely close to the boots he wears in the game, so anything resembling them would have to do. I still need to bash mine, I don't know where to find his chest gear though or what's it even called. :lol

35108600422_11314ff05e_c.jpg

@Firejclawjack

Is it too late to get a beefier body for Venom in the set?

That's a great idea. How cheap can I get a second hand Raiden these days??

It depends. If you join some of the six scale groups on Facebook sometimes you'll luck out and find someone selling it for cheap. I sold mine for pretty cheap because I needed the money but I kept the rifle. I told the buyer that is a part of the deal for him getting it so cheap LOL. I sold it for $150 you can still get it for around that price and I saw a guy just sell his for $110 the other day. Also if you have sideshow points he is still available on sideshowtoy.com

This set desperately needs another gun. Not thrilled about having to share a silenced pistol between two figures

You can just go to BlackOpsToys.com and they have a **** ton of colt 1911's. That's what he uses. I have a few of them myself.

its not really a big deal, but venom snake doesn't actually use a 1911, the closest I've found to it is the hottoys Indiana jones pistol, the sights are alittle off but that's like it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Pistol-From-Hot-Toys-DX05-Indiana-Jones-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark/172366705256?hash=item2821db3268:g:Y3EAAOSw-CpX9ww4

as for a rifle ive found this one, it doesn't have a suppressor but he doesn't use a suppressor in cut scenes so your good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Y57-22-1-6-scale-action-figure-Belgium-FNC-Assault-rifle/311957706390?hash=item48a220d696:g:yV4AAOSwTUVZtigj

hope that helps.

That head sculpts is out of this world, I should have gotten one. It looks like Elvis forgot some pouches tho. You need two more pistol mag pouches on his left and an IFAK pouch on his right just before the M4 mags.

Back