Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody in for Venom Snake and Quiet?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-3-10-16-quiet-snake-metal-gear-sculptor.html

12828539_1090910440961163_109207288634539966_o.jpg

12823524_1090912134294327_8350908340285718293_o.jpg

12806074_1089140827804791_1671155835973130516_n.jpg

Those look fantastic! I don't really care to customize those two personally since I'm sure those are the only two figures we're gonna get from Hot Toys... any year now.

I can't get over the hair and the scars... My mind is all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are mind blowing! I hope to see other MGS characters since these aren't exactly from my favorite entry in the series.

Good stuff! I think Big Boss' eyes need some work. Probably position the eyes a little more to the side, and make them wider. And Quiet's brows are furrowed down a bit too much out near the nose (she's a fairly stoic character and rarely shows emotions).

Unfortunately, I think I'm custom'd out at the moment. I'll have to wait on the HT figures... whenever they're released.

I just got my body for psycho mantis today. I need to dremel a lot of body spots and dremel the neck to fit the body. Then i need to paint the upper body to match the head which i already bought the paint for. I also need to paint the eyes on the mask orange. Cant wait to see him done and on my shelf.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Finally finished psycho mantis. His belts were probably the most frustrating thing i have ever done in my life. Again, i cant get a good shot off in my room to save my life. Heres the pics. He took me most of the day to finish and i messaged oscar to get more straps because psycho mantis has more than he provided on his arms and legs. Overall i think this kit was great. Down the road im cutting the eyes out on the mask and putting clear lenses in there and tinting them orange.

33fd38cb01aa2202e0909435b21d075a.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thats sweet, im not one for anything outside of the main characters usually but id make an exception for a mantis like that. Just the fact he could be hovvering while on display next to a bunch of dudes standing would make him an eye catcher

thanks, mantis took me a long time to do and my picture does him no justice at all. the body i got was perfect too, i went with one that hides the shoulder joint because its next to his elbow. its a cheaper body but i dremeled the shininess off so i could paint it. yeah, i cant wait til i move to my new spot im revamping my whole display. i cant wait to have better light/space. i also want to make all my mgs 1/6 customs into 1 section. my new office will allow me to have a space to make more customs or build some of these model kits.

Back