Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to be so hard on it chocks, its just, it seems like all the other video game properties you guys own you knock it out of the park and im not even interested in those. i hate how you guys have to get yelled at and beg konami to let you change stuff back to the correct way that they should never have changed themselves. mgs is my bread and butter. i know its not your fault because of the konami restyling but im still butt hurt about solid snakes pouches, theyre not even like that in the game. that big pouch laying on his left leg doesnt look right to me, and all the little pouches are different sizes, theyre all supposed to be equal sized mag pouches. i still bought the day one essential edition though, so i feel like my gripes are warranted.

sorry to be so hard on it chocks, its just, it seems like all the other video game properties you guys own you knock it out of the park and im not even interested in those. i hate how you guys have to get yelled at and beg konami to let you change stuff back to the correct way that they should never have changed themselves. mgs is my bread and butter. i know its not your fault because of the konami restyling but im still butt hurt about solid snakes pouches, theyre not even like that in the game. that big pouch laying on his left leg doesnt look right to me, and all the little pouches are different sizes, theyre all supposed to be equal sized mag pouches. i still bought the day one essential edition though, so i feel like my gripes are warranted.

No problems. All feedback appreciated :) we just have to keep on finding the right balance and respect all parties involved :)

Got to play by the rules or we won’t be here talking about official MGS products :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantis looks good, but I do not have any interest in it.

Still debating whether I should get the artbook - a great addition to one's collection, but I'll probably only go through it once and never open it again :dunno

I have the same issue. For its size it looks like a great value but knowing myself ill just have one look at it and store it away. As far as I know theres only art, if there were pages dedicated to the lore or at least underneath each photo some brief description of how the image came to be, then i might of changed my mind.

Sorry Chockles I always forget you work for them. We all appreciate the effort we just want to see them done right and look the part. You guys have been killing it with some of your other properties like Samurai Champloo and Dark Souls so I know you guys are capable.

Sorry Chockles I always forget you work for them. We all appreciate the effort we just want to see them done right and look the part. You guys have been killing it with some of your other properties like Samurai Champloo and Dark Souls so I know you guys are capable.

That’s ok :) no need to apologise :)

Thank you for the support in here! I’m always on here checking things out. Once we unveil everything next friday. I look forward to seeing the feedback in here so I can gather more data and then discuss internally with the team :)

Is there any chance that the MGS statues to be closely adapted from their 3D model counterparts? I think Twin Snakes did a wonderful job of representing the MGS1 characters that look in line with their MGS2 appearance.

It's a good collection. It has some MGS3 concept art I've never seen before which is cool!

I was hoping since the books were soo big it would be a larger format than previous books, but it doesn't seem to be.

I was also hoping for some more blown up pictures of concept art, but it's still the same size and formatting from the other books.

If you don't have the other artbooks this is a great artbook

Has anyone done it themselves or found a person that maybe did a custom head for Hot Toys The Boss? I want to put her in my collection but I hate that head sculpt. Its not feminine at all, more like a face of a female that has been using steroids for bodybuilding competition.

I'm looking for the same, I'm about to find a sculptor to do it for me. I already redid my boss, just waiting on a different sculpt.

Ey could you mabe post a photo of what you did to your Boss or jaut send me a PM. Always like seeing what others are able to achieve :)

I stretched a fuller muscular body into the suit and ended up having to fill spots and repaint the center of it where the suit ended up tearing a little bit. I also redid the straps in leather and moved the buckles to the side like theyre supposed to be. In my opinion she looks a million times better, all I need is a different head sculpt and I'll be happy with it.

Mantis is fully revealed and up for pre-order.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This thing is fantastic !

Back